PDA

View Full Version : FAQ page should be updated/cleaned

Spazmatik
2011-02-20, 09:12 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/FAQ.html is in need of updating and cleanup.

If I had to guess by looking, I'd say most of it hasn't been altered since 2004, since most upcoming events are listed as happening in the future of 2005.

Also, in many places a period is used in place of a quotation marks and apostrophes.

I.m instead of I'm
You.re instead of You're
.Spot check,. instead of "Spot check,"
and so on...

The FAQ is in .html format, which I have no problem with, and I'd be happy to re-code it fixing the latter error if whoever is in charge of that is too busy or doesn't want to deal with it.
Obviously I couldn't update the timeline related stuff, since I don't know what content should be removed/added, so I wouldn't mess with content, just grammatical.

I don't expect I'd be allowed to do that, though, since nobody knows me and thus I can't be trusted with the site (just as I wouldn't trust a stranger with my site).
But I thought I'd post to bring attention to the FAQ page.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-02-20, 09:30 PM
It's been brought up before. I can't remember at the moment if the response was of the "It's not really a big concern so don't hold your breath" or the "It's on the list" sort, though.

Claudius Maximus
2011-02-20, 10:23 PM
It's been on the list of things to do since 2007. If I ever manage to catch up on the number of comics done per week, I'll get right to it.

That's the last I've heard on the matter. Looks like priority is rather low if we won't get to it until the comics are caught up.

Roland St. Jude
2011-02-20, 11:22 PM
Sheriff: Indeed. We're aware that it isn't up-to-date, thanks.