PDA

View Full Version : Haircut Help?

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-21, 12:04 AM
So I have relatively short hair, and I think the whole flat look looks really bland, and aside from dyeing it (which I will not do), there's not a whole lot I can think of to style it.

Here's a picture.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs044.ash2/35541_1476022430769_1539979119_31189808_1629993_n. jpg

The hair there is a tad longer then my hair now.

I'm looking for ways to style it. =P

Side note, no fauhawks, or mohawks. I don't like either of them.
Also I'm not willing to go bald.

Moff Chumley
2011-02-21, 01:11 AM
Hats.

Or just wait for it to grow. I'm no expert (I went five years without getting a haircut once. >:3) but your options are pretty damn limited.

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-21, 01:26 AM
Hats are my mortal enemy. They make me look really bad.

I'm keeping it short because I like the look, and I'm joining the army, so it'll be cut short anyways.

Thanks though. =P

Don Julio Anejo
2011-02-21, 02:19 AM
You could do something like this:
http://www.hair-styles.org/mens-hairstyles-picture-001.JPG
Cool yet classy and doesn't require too much hair. You will still have to wait for it to grow out though. Oh, and get it cut at a salon, not a barber (A good rule of thumb is that any stylist who uses an electric razor for anything more than side trims is a no-no. Buzz cuts/bald styles are an exception, obviously).

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2011-02-21, 05:35 AM
Doesn't look long enough to style too much, how long until basic? You can always grow it out, at least a little, until then. Semi-short hair is easy to style in a lot ways, if you're willing, but something really short (or, "really short," as described by someone whose hair passed his hips until a couple weeks ago) is hard to style. Don Julio's suggestion, for example, and plenty others. I'd let it get a little longer and then just see what you can do with it while your hair lasts.

Lady Moreta
2011-02-21, 05:52 AM
At that length it's too short to really do anything with... but I like it :smallsmile: I think it looks good.

Barbin
2011-02-21, 08:20 AM
I think you should grow your hair out. It would give you more options when you want to style your hair.

Aidan305
2011-02-21, 01:22 PM
As previously mentioned, your hair is probably a bit short for styling.

I will say that hats are awesome though. If you think they make you look bad, you're just looking at the wrong sort of hat There are many, many hats out there. Have a look at a few different colours and varieties. You may find one you like.

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-21, 03:04 PM
Cool yet classy and doesn't require too much hair. You will still have to wait for it to grow out though. Oh, and get it cut at a salon, not a barber (A good rule of thumb is that any stylist who uses an electric razor for anything more than side trims is a no-no. Buzz cuts/bald styles are an exception, obviously).

I have an electric razor at home so I just get my dad to cut it (or I do it myself) I actually like the way that style looks so I might try it out.

Doesn't look long enough to style too much, how long until basic? You can always grow it out, at least a little, until then. Semi-short hair is easy to style in a lot ways, if you're willing, but something really short (or, "really short," as described by someone whose hair passed his hips until a couple weeks ago) is hard to style. Don Julio's suggestion, for example, and plenty others. I'd let it get a little longer and then just see what you can do with it while your hair lasts.

I have another two and a half semesters until I'm out of highschool, and I'm taking that summer for break then joining the military.

At that length it's too short to really do anything with... but I like it :smallsmile: I think it looks good.

Thanks =]

As previously mentioned, your hair is probably a bit short for styling.

I will say that hats are awesome though. If you think they make you look bad, you're just looking at the wrong sort of hat There are many, many hats out there. Have a look at a few different colours and varieties. You may find one you like.

I should have stated I'm letting it grow a bit, but not a lot, usually when it starts to get a wave look to it I trim it (around 2 and a half inches long) it's about 3/4 of an inch right now.

Also hats, top hats and cowboy hats work. Although I tend to get a lot fo weird looks when I wear them =P

Barbin
2011-02-21, 05:13 PM
Have you tried a scally cap?

Lady Moreta
2011-02-21, 08:00 PM
Also hats, top hats and cowboy hats work. Although I tend to get a lot fo weird looks when I wear them =P

Get an Indiana Jones fedora... you might get funny looks from wearing it, but it's an Indy hat, so who cares? :smallbiggrin: (I have one, I wear it to church... I think they've stopped giving me funny looks though - stopped after I started wearing my cloak to church)

Abies
2011-02-21, 08:49 PM
Hats are my mortal enemy. They make me look really bad.
I'm keeping it short because I like the look, and I'm joining the army, so it'll be cut short anyways.
Thanks though. =P

If you believe hats are that much of a fashion faux pas, then perhaps the Army is not for you either. Wearing a hat is part of the standard uniform for most every style of dress in the US military.

Unless the one exception to your mortal enemy are those hats you are required to wear. (Or those you have no choice in wearing).

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-21, 09:06 PM
Have you tried a scally cap?

I have not.

If you believe hats are that much of a fashion faux pas, then perhaps the Army is not for you either. Wearing a hat is part of the standard uniform for most every style of dress in the US military.

Unless the one exception to your mortal enemy are those hats you are required to wear. (Or those you have no choice in wearing).

Military Berets I like, helmets actually look good on me (I wear my WWII helmet rather low just above the eyes, and it works). Military caps work, I just can't find any that fit.
I mean baseball hats, and winter hats and stuff, they don't suit me.

Get an Indiana Jones fedora... you might get funny looks from wearing it, but it's an Indy hat, so who cares? :smallbiggrin: (I have one, I wear it to church... I think they've stopped giving me funny looks though - stopped after I started wearing my cloak to church)

I have one somewhere. =P If I could find it I'd wear it, I can't gt that many more weird looks since I wear a military trenchcoat to school (as a winter jacket) and ahve actually used my WWII helmet as a winter hat before (Bad idea as the helmets made of metal... =P)

If I can find it I'll wear it.

grimbold
2011-02-22, 07:54 AM
i had this once
its pretty good
and scores points with girls
so i would recommend it

Moff Chumley
2011-02-22, 12:11 PM
I dunno if this applies up in Canada, but around here, the whole "beanie, plaid pajama bottoms, 'I haven't shaven in three days'" look is simple AND classy. As long as you don't mind people trying to sell you illegal things. :smalltongue:

A plus. :smallbiggrin:

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-22, 03:09 PM
i had this once
its pretty good
and scores points with girls
so i would recommend it

I'm gunna try it cause I like how it looks. (A rarity for me =P)

I dunno if this applies up in Canada, but around here, the whole "beanie, plaid pajama bottoms, 'I haven't shaven in three days'" look is simple AND classy. As long as you don't mind people trying to sell you illegal things. :smalltongue:

A plus. :smallbiggrin:

I prefer a dress shirt and jeans style look. (Cause it's epic comfy) and I go for function over form. Although the "I don't shave very much" look is what I'm going for, although I'll keep it trimmed, but looking like I don't bother with it. =P Also my current lack of facial hair, it's all on my neck and the bottom of my chin. =D