PDA

View Full Version : punching weapons?

SylvanPrincess
2011-02-21, 01:05 PM
ive been looking for punching weapons, and have found several in my books, but can anyone direct me to a dnd complete weapons list online? or do you know where i can find stats for punching weapons like brass knuckles?

my character is a int based monk 1/swash 3/Psychic rogue 1, that is a kick boxer type fighter. (the monk is flavored as prior boot camp experience). the ward cestus is the closest thing ive found to what i am looking for (not looking slashing/piercing weapons and much as blunt), but doesnt have its own damage (in sword and fist)

Greenish
2011-02-21, 01:08 PM
Gauntlet is pretty much the same as brass knuckles, functionally. Punching dagger is obviously a punching weapon, though a piercing one.

I doubt you'll get much more damage than the monk's 1d6 out of any punching weapon without size shenanigans.

Daftendirekt
2011-02-21, 01:12 PM
Int-based monk? You best have the Carmendine Monk feat then!

That said, Arms and Equipment Guide has a boatload of weapons, you should look in there.

Scorpions__
2011-02-21, 01:23 PM
Dragon Compendium has a good selection of weapons. The Panther Claw from that book is a cool variant of the punching dagger.

DM[F]R

SylvanPrincess
2011-02-21, 02:00 PM
Int-based monk? You best have the Carmendine Monk feat then!

That said, Arms and Equipment Guide has a boatload of weapons, you should look in there.

kung fu genius (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Kung_Fu_Genius) actually :)

Prime32
2011-02-21, 03:31 PM
kung fu genius (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Kung_Fu_Genius) actually :)Carmendine Monk is the same thing, but with the ability to count your monk level as higher.

Cog
2011-02-21, 04:13 PM
Carmendine Monk is the same thing, but with the ability to count your monk level as higher.
Carmendine also specifically mentions Stunning Fist. Some people argue that, since anybody can get Stunning Fist when they get the prereqs, that it's not a 'monk special ability' for the purposes of Kung Fu Genius. I don't make that argument myself, but if your DM does, that's handy.

SylvanPrincess
2011-02-22, 06:13 PM
Carmendine also specifically mentions Stunning Fist. Some people argue that, since anybody can get Stunning Fist when they get the prereqs, that it's not a 'monk special ability' for the purposes of Kung Fu Genius. I don't make that argument myself, but if your DM does, that's handy.

it also has the requirement of having to belong to the carmendine order or something. i dunno, im pleased with kung fu genius though, its all i need really. provides me some int synergy with swashbuckler. the carmendine features are nice too, for sure. perhaps ill switch it up

this is by far the most fun ive had with a character, the ability to deal unarmed damage +int +dex +str, +sneak attack is awesome, all i have to do is hit something :) of course i wont get dex to damage till next level when i take hit-and-run/sneak attack fighter 1