PDA

View Full Version : (D&D3.5ish)Weapons designed for prehensile tails?

Coidzor
2011-02-21, 02:38 PM
So, I was considering homebrewing a race with a prehensile non-standard limb-like structure, and I remember hearing something about a certain type of spike from savage species being specifically designed to be wielded by a prehensile tail. This got me to thinking about what other examples of such weapons are around that could help give me a basis for comparison for possibly making my own.

So, anyone know of any?

Or remember where in the rules using/fighting with a prehensile tail is covered?

dsmiles
2011-02-21, 02:42 PM
I believe that there is more than just a spike in SS. I think there is some sort of bladed weapon, and a bludgeoning weapon as well.

As far as combat goes, it may just be a part of the multiweapon fighting tree. (Or, at least, that's how I would rule it.)

Amnestic
2011-02-21, 04:16 PM
dsmiles is correct; SS has both a Tail Blade and a Tail Club (named as such. Originality! :smallbiggrin:)

Serpent Kingdoms also has a Tail Scythe if that's more your cup of tea. Don't know if there's any others out there. A quick browse of my books didn't reveal anything else I'm afraid.

Elric VIII
2011-02-21, 05:00 PM
There's also a Braid-Blade (A&EG, maybe?) that could be worked into a sufficiently bushy tail.

Greenish
2011-02-21, 05:04 PM
Prehensile tail can hold normal weapons (at least by going with the feat of the same name).

Most tail weapons are for all tails, not just prehensile ones, or so I seem to recall.