PDA

View Full Version : 3.P Shadowdancer Shadow Companion and things to do with it

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-02-21, 09:15 PM
Ive been thinking abut making a shadow dancer, something I havent done since 3.5 first came out when I was in high school.

the thing is, Ive never quite known what to do with the Shadow companion. they make a good flanking buddy, okay, but they are fragile, and if it dies, that negative level sucks. (lets be honest, how many shadowdancer have the Fortitude save to beat that 15 every time?)

So i was wondering if there is anything fun you can do with your shadow that still gives some benefit, but doesnt cause it to be in harms way all the time.

In high school, my DM let me pay for a short sword that bound my shadow to it, so I got strength drain when i hit with it: Basically, I was 'hitting" with my shadow companion. It was a cool idea, but probably a bit too cool.

Is there anything else like this that I can do?

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-02-22, 01:18 AM
any advice guys?

Human Paragon 3
2011-02-22, 01:39 AM
Order it to stand guard over places.

Let it spy for you, hiding in the shadows.

Use UMD or a caster friend to buff it into a melee monster who delivers devestating touch attacks. If it looks like it's in danger, make it retreat into a wall or the ground.

Get strength-damaging poison and use it. Your shadow friend's strength draining attack combined with your poison might actually bring somebody down.

Can't think of a lot else right now. Good luck!

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-02-22, 01:44 AM
I thinkI heard about having it stand in your square and grant you some concealment? is that true?