PDA

View Full Version : SO much money! (3.5)

BIGMamaSloth
2011-02-21, 09:25 PM
I'm playing an archer focused level 6 ranger right now and our party stumbled into a lot of money. anyways we each ended up with 60 000 gp. I don't have armor or weapons or anything else yet.

What I'm asking for is suggestions on armor, weapons and anything else that could be fun!

true_shinken
2011-02-21, 09:28 PM
Get a Splitting (Champions of Ruin) bow and Raptor Arrows (Magic Item Compendium). Get an item of flight, get items of teleportation, get wands of Ranger spells (cure light wounds, primal instinct, hunter's mercy, arrowmind and arrowstorm spring to mind). Get a mithral breastplate of nimbleness and gloves of dexterity. If you don't have the Deadeye feat, get a belt of giant sternght as well.

Flickerdart
2011-02-21, 09:35 PM
A wand of curse of impending blades might be worth it for those times you're fighting something with crazy AC.

Sinfonian
2011-02-22, 12:16 AM
A normal suggestion for spending money when you come across a huge windfall is to invest in things which can't be taken away, or that have small (but meaningful) long-term effects. For this reason, I'll suggest spending a big chunk on a stat tome (depending on your character's playstyle) for an inherent bonus to the attribute of your choice.

Flickerdart
2011-02-22, 12:38 AM
A normal suggestion for spending money when you come across a huge windfall is to invest in things which can't be taken away, or that have small (but meaningful) long-term effects. For this reason, I'll suggest spending a big chunk on a stat tome (depending on your character's playstyle) for an inherent bonus to the attribute of your choice.
Considering that even a +2 stat tome costs 55k, that's not really feasible with his funds.

Akal Saris
2011-02-22, 12:45 AM
I'd say...

#1 priority: Weapon. Splitting would be awesome.
#2: Armor
#3: Cloak/vest of saving throws
#4: stat boost items - dex, then con, then str, then wis
#5: wands!
#6: anything fun, like a wyvern mount or a house

gallagher
2011-02-22, 08:29 AM
I'd say...

#1 priority: Weapon. Splitting would be awesome.
#2: Armor
#3: Cloak/vest of saving throws
#4: stat boost items - dex, then con, then str, then wis
#5: wands!
#6: anything fun, like a wyvern mount or a house
is fleshgrinding melee only? because if not it would be interesting to get a bundle of fleshgrinding arrows, seeing he has so much money

Baconated
2011-02-22, 09:01 AM
Get the best weapon that you feel comfortable with. Splitting Bow, or maybe you could finesse the DM into letting you buy Gauntlets of Storm Giant Strength and a +x Composite Bow of Splitting.

If you get into melee alot, a good mithril BP..

check out the magic item tables of the DMGs and other supplement books, and see if anything really catches your eye - your needs and desires will be based on your party need and makeup