PDA

View Full Version : Way to get out of AOO's? (3.5)

yugi24862
2011-02-22, 09:31 AM
I think I remember a feat that allows you to get out of AOO's somehow, am I imagining this or does it exist?

Essence_of_War
2011-02-22, 09:35 AM
Depending on what you're thinking there are a few.

1) Evasive Reflexes (ToB) - anytime someone provokes an AoO from you, you can take a 5ft step instead. Note, this does not cost you any of your AoO for the round.

2) Mobility/Spring Attack - you provoke no AoO's from the person you attack with spring attack, you get +4 AC versus any other AoO you may provoke from moving about the battlefield through threatened squares.

Tumbling of course is another obvious way. What exactly are you trying to do?

Edit: Fixed mobility :smallredface:

term1nally s1ck
2011-02-22, 09:59 AM
Tumbling, defensive casting. Doesn't need a feat. Don't know of many feats.

Magesmiley
2011-02-22, 10:11 AM
Most of the ones that I can think of only work with regard to one type of activity that provokes AoOs - you still provoke when performing other actions. A short list:

Improved Bull Rush
Improved Disarm
Improved Grapple
Improved Sunder
Improved Trip
Improved Unarmed Strike

yugi24862
2011-02-22, 10:18 AM
It's mainly to get a dagger-whip user out of range of AOO's from using it near foe's. Evasive reflexes would work, but how could I get an attacking foe to provoke an AOO?

Zeofar
2011-02-22, 10:35 AM
It's mainly to get a dagger-whip user out of range of AOO's from using it near foe's. Evasive reflexes would work, but how could I get an attacking foe to provoke an AOO?

Robilar's Gambit (Player's Handbook 2) - You get the AoO after the attack, though.

Are you sure you aren't looking for a five-foot step?

Daftendirekt
2011-02-22, 10:48 AM
Mobility/Spring Attack - you provoke no AoO's from the person you attack with spring attack, you get +4 AC versus any other AoO you may provoke.

Wrong. Mobility is only against AoO you provoke for moving out of or through threatened areas. If it WAS against any AoO, it'd be an amazing feat.

Essence_of_War
2011-02-22, 11:14 AM
Zing! You are, of course, correct. When I wrote that I was assuming that the OP was looking to avoid AoO's for moving about the battlefield, but they never said that :smallredface:

Curmudgeon
2011-02-22, 11:47 AM
Don't be seen.
You can’t execute an attack of opportunity against an opponent with total concealment, even if you know what square or squares the opponent occupies.