PDA

View Full Version : Estimate Price of Custom Magic Item

Cogidubnus
2011-02-22, 09:35 AM
Can anyone estimate how much an item (say a belt) duplicating one of the following effects would cost?

Steadfast Determination:
Benefit: You can use your Constitution modifier in place
of your Wisdom modifi er on Will saves.
You do not automatically fail Fortitude saves on a roll of
natural 1.

Pain Mastery:
Benefit: You take damage normally, but every 50 points of damage you take (assuming you survive) increases your Str by +2. This bonus lasts until the end of the encounter, after which you are exhausted.

Ed: DM isn't good at this, hence why I ask the playground.

gbprime
2011-02-22, 09:43 AM
I'd base this stuff off of a Ring of Evasion, in that it's an item with a feat in it.

There's a feat in Savage Species that approximates the Pain Mastery belt, so I'd call that 25k just like the Ring of Evasion, maybe a little less because of the Exhaustion side effect.

The Steadfast determination mimics TWO feats, so I'd price that around 50k base.

IMO, of course.

Cogidubnus
2011-02-22, 09:45 AM
I'd base this stuff off of a Ring of Evasion, in that it's an item with a feat in it.

There's a feat in Savage Species that approximates the Pain Mastery belt, so I'd call that 25k just like the Ring of Evasion, maybe a little less because of the Exhaustion side effect.

The Steadfast determination mimics TWO feats, so I'd price that around 50k base.

IMO, of course.

They're both single feats, Pain Mastery (from SS) and Steadfast Determination from PHII, but I don't have slots for both, so I was thinking a custom item for them. Thanks for the input.

gbprime
2011-02-22, 09:49 AM
They're both single feats, Pain Mastery (from SS) and Steadfast Determination from PHII...

Oh, sure enough on the Steadfast Determiniation. I missed the "doesn't fail on a 1" part. 25k for that item, then.