PDA

View Full Version : Demonic Campain.

Sinpoder
2011-02-22, 12:28 PM
I am thinking about running a demonic campain ( Got this idea from the Fiend Codex II ) where the players are the lowest form of Devil (Wretch i think) but they are not the mindless weak POSs in 3.5 but more of a tiefling like being so they are (kinda) able to blend into human cities and stuff. This campain is going to run as both a hack and slash and a talking type game, in order to rank up in the Nine Hells they have to take souls, which at first will be nearly impossible, or gain HD or levels. I personal think this is a great idea for a campain but one of my players has been playing for a very long time ( 10 years I think ) while my other players have been playing for only 5 at most.

What should I do to prevent my more experienced character from killing the entire party, and becoming the Leader of all the Nine Layers within acouple sessions.

Mordokai
2011-02-22, 12:37 PM
Firstly, a clarification is needed. You say you want to run a demonic campaign, but then you put it in Nine Hells. Baatezu or devils run the Nine Hells. So which is it?

In any case, if you're running a devil campaign, most of your players are almost required to be a lawful evil type, so they work together and wait for a best time to betray each other. From the go get, they won't do it, because there's power in numbers and they are safer in group. They can also pool resources. And if nothing else, take lesson from Paranoia. If you want to execute a fellow party member, you better have a damn good reason for it, backed up by evidence. In triple forms. If not... Baator is known for it's rigid beurocracy and the insipid devil that doesn't abide by the rules quickly finds itself killed. Or, worse even, demoted.

As for the more experienced player becoming an archdevil too soon... you don't need to worry about that. Each of the current archdevils(with a possible exception of Bel) is a notorious schemer that is always two steps ahead of the everybody. If you're really worried about this happening, just make so that it's impossible. For example, if your player is aiming to becoming a new lord or Dis by getting rid of Dispater, you can be sure that Dispater will know of his plans few minutes after he completes them. What happens with the player? Well, that is left to your imagination... :smallamused:

Sinpoder
2011-02-22, 01:06 PM
It is a Devil campain. Thank you for that too, this will make everything run alot smoother though I am sure Bel is more then capable to fight off just about anything.

Inyssius Tor
2011-02-23, 12:32 AM
It is a Devil campain.

Then it would be a Diabolical campaign. Or an Infernal one. Same thing. :smalltongue: