PDA

View Full Version : Champions in the Playground: Why'd it have to be Capes?

Shyftir
2011-02-22, 04:16 PM
Champions Online. This thread is about it.

So to start with let's get a list of characters/handles put together.

Shyftir
@Geo-Shyft
Draegovic - Lvl. 33 - The Void
Wolfengar - Lvl 20 - The Blade
Daishi - Lvl 10 - Marksman

Mando Knight
@MandoKnight

Mordaenor
@Mordaenor
The Dragon
Guns

MachineWraith
@MachineWraith
Dr. Sprocket
Brother Alaric
Veridian Volt

Rolaran
@Rolaran
Dr. Nilb

Otakuryoga
@????
Menagerie
Robyn from da Hood

Also is there any interest in forming a GitP Super Group?

Mando Knight
2011-02-22, 06:38 PM
It's... possible. I've got over 20 hours aggregate gameplay on my account (@MandoKnight), so if you need more to the group for charter members, I could help.

Shyftir
2011-02-23, 11:52 AM
Well right now I have a few friends who play (4 - just short darn it!) and obviously haven't got much playground attention but I'll friend you at least.

Mordaenor
2011-03-03, 11:34 AM
Count me in!

The Dragon@Mordaenor and Guns@Mordaenor

Rolaran
2011-03-03, 02:56 PM
Been playing this almost since launch, got the lifetime subscription. Handle is @Rolaran. Characters- too many to list, but my main is the multidimensional Dr. Nilb (http://www.champions-online.com/character_profiles/1379522/biography). Currently all of my characters are in a guild I formed with some people I know IRL, but I'm certainly not averse to a partnership between our guild and a Playgrounders guild.

Shyftir
2011-03-03, 08:19 PM
Even if we never get a Playground SG together, just improving the number of friends I have on the game is pretty cool. Unfortunately my internet has taken a sudden dive in bandwith for no apparent reason and refuses to connect without massive lag.

Mordaenor
2011-03-04, 01:27 PM
Okay, since apparently I can't post on the Champions forum since I'm not a Gold Member (what kind of lame restiction is that?) I'll ask here: Does anyone know if "Unarmed" Power Replaces also work for the "Might" power set as well? Looking at the Wiki, I don't see a list of "Might" Power Replaces.

Rolaran
2011-03-04, 02:30 PM
Pretty sure they do work. My advice, though, is that power replacers are generally not worth the bag slot they take up, let alone equipping. Assuming you're the Behemoth, you're usually better off equipping something that will increase your Strength rather than a power replace, since Primary Offense tends to be your single biggest source of Strength (if you can find something that boost Strength and Constitution, that's even better).

Mordaenor
2011-03-04, 02:51 PM
Yeah, it was actually moderately hypothetical, I'm trying to understand the mechanics as best I can. My two characters are actually and Inferno and a Soldier, but I'm contemplating making a Behemoth if decide to drop one of my current characters.

Thanatos 51-50
2011-03-04, 05:11 PM
I played quite a bit shortly after launch, then stopped when I moved back to the 'States.
Until a free archetype comes out that mimics my character closely enough so I feel like there has been no significant changes, I'm not touching it.

otakuryoga
2011-03-04, 07:56 PM
i bought the lifetime member thing way back and have a few chars
like Menagerie...has every pet he can get...absolutely RIPS through masses of minions and anything less than supervillian...unless they have AoE---then he is a sad zookeeper

or Robyn from da Hood...black girl...archer...

Arbane
2011-03-04, 08:33 PM
The one I couldn't figure out is how do the 'weapon' items like the Qularr pistol work? I put them in the offense slot, but they don't seem to do anything, even when I click on them.

MachineWraith
2011-03-04, 08:46 PM
I'm in game, handle is @MachineWraith . I've got quite a few characters, and make new ones/delete old ones with startling frequency. However, my three main characters are Dr. Sprocket, freeform with a focus on Gadgeteering, Brother Alaric, a SPESS MEHRINE!, and Veridian Volt, an electric-themed speedster.

Been playing since beta, so if you've got a question, I'll try to answer it.

The one I couldn't figure out is how do the 'weapon' items like the Qularr pistol work? I put them in the offense slot, but they don't seem to do anything, even when I click on them.

Like this one. I believe that to use those, you equip them, and they change the way your pistol powers work. So if you equip Qularr pistols, it will make your pistol attacks use Qularr pistols rather than regular ones.

Shyftir
2011-03-05, 08:45 PM
Most of them make your powers work in some way slightly different and perhaps open up a new costume item.

Mordaenor
2011-03-30, 01:22 PM
Hey Champions! Query: I've noticed that some On-line MMO's (which is redundant now that I write it) have Gift Cards available at Game Stop and the like. Does anyone know if Champions has Gift Cards? I haven't seen them, so I wasn't sure.

Thanatos 51-50
2011-03-31, 10:37 AM

Like this one. I believe that to use those, you equip them, and they change the way your pistol powers work. So if you equip Qularr pistols, it will make your pistol attacks use Qularr pistols rather than regular ones.

Qularr Pistols are "Power Replacement" equipment. Equipping them will unlock their costume piece, and, as long as they're sitting in your Primary Offensive slot, will alter how you Pistol powers (Under Munitions, IE: Most of them). As long as they're sitting in that slot, they'll also automatically re-skin to the Qularr pistol's default costume colourization.
If I recall correctly, Qularr pistols will change your damage type from "Lethal" to "Sonic", greatly reduce pistol range and slightly reduce rate of fire for your energy builder (At least, when Munitions only had one energy builder - and that was Gunslinger. It apparently has two, now?) and applicable sustains (Two-Gun Mojo), as well as providing a slight damage increase.

They were pretty crap for most Munitions builds for when I was around because Range and Rate of Fire were everything. EVERY GUNSLINGER Super statt'd Dexterity and Ego, which increases Critical Hit Chance and Severity (Subject to diminishing returns, of course).
Tanking Gunslingers would Draw aggro and then kite like crazy until some other tank took the aggro, but most Gunslingers would fill DPS roles in massive groups, and you WANTED to be further away from the beastie when he brought out the absurd AoE.
Of course, real strategy only showed up when facing Epics or soloing multiple Supervillains, otherwise you ran around in Protector mode all the time and commenced the Murder.

Shyftir
2011-04-06, 03:38 AM
I recently got into a fairly heavy RP SG, called M.I.S.T, and am actually hanging in Club Caprice late most nights.