PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Need some sort of a specific template (players be gone!)

Pika...
2011-02-22, 07:12 PM
So for both a PC and as a SPECIAL NPC I need basically:

A cyborg template to put on an artificially/psionically recreated Dragon who was made from an ancient dragon fossil discovered. Think Mew Two made from an ancient Mew skeleton. Yes, I went there. :smallbiggrin:

Also, ideas for what kind of dragon would work best would be appreciated. Thankies!

sonofzeal
2011-02-22, 07:21 PM
Uh.... wow.

Cyborg is easy with Grafts. Construct grafts (Faiths of Eberron, "New Style"), Maug grafts (Fiend Folio, "Old Style"), or the Half-Golem template (MM2) all get that job done. If the entire creature is artificial but based on a real thing, then the Effigy template works. Especially perverse would be a Dragon Effigy, with Draconic Grafts (Races of the Dragon, "New Style") - essentially a robot made in the shape of a dragon, and with bits of it gradually replaced by living dragon tissue artificially maintained on an non-living frame. Serious body horror.

Is the creature still skeletal? If so, "Bone Creature" template or "Dracolich" could work. If not, just use a dragon for the stats but maybe give some relevant description.

Pika...
2011-02-23, 01:17 PM
Uh.... wow.

What, don't like? :smallwink:

ps. And it is meant to be a cloneish creature.

I have not decided how intelligent/mature it is, so it can either be a powerhouse with no prior information/data in it's powerful magical head, or basically turn out to be Mew Two powerful intellect (knowing both magic and psionics/artificer knowledge!) if the Not-So-BBEG can't control him.

Urpriest
2011-02-23, 01:33 PM
Is the creature still skeletal? If so, "Bone Creature" template or "Dracolich" could work. If not, just use a dragon for the stats but maybe give some relevant description.

Given the background, I'd actually go for Fossilized Creature (Libris Mortis).

Kylarra
2011-02-23, 01:40 PM
It's mecha godzilla!

I second fossilized creature.

Thurbane
2011-03-13, 01:23 AM
A little late, but I found an "official" D&D 3.5 WotC Cyborg template - in the free online module, Return to the Temple of the Frog (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20070223a) (p.29).