Inspired by another thread:

Triggered Suggestion
Enchantment (Compusion) [Mind-Affecting][Language-Dependent]
Level: Bard 3, Sorc/Wiz 4
Components: V, M
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Touch
Target: 1 living creature
Duration: Permanent, then 1 hour/caster level (see below)
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell is as per suggestion except as above and below. Unlike a normal suggestion spell this spell lays in wait on a target with no seeming effect. During this time the triggered suggestion can still be detected and dispeled normally.

When the spell is cast, the spellcaster sets both the suggestion and the trigger that will cause the suggestion to effect the subject. The spell functions when specific conditions are fulfilled according to your command as set in the spell. Commands can be as general or as detailed as desired, although only visual and audible triggers can be used. Triggers react to what appears to be the case. Disguises and illusions can fool them. Normal darkness does not defeat a visual trigger, but magical darkness or invisibility does. Silent movement or magical silence defeats audible triggers. Audible triggers can be keyed to general types of noises or to a specific noise or spoken word. Actions can serve as triggers if they are visible or audible. This spell cannot distinguish alignment, level, Hit Dice, or class except by external garb.

The material component is a bit of any sweet food and a small length of knotted string.

Compulsive Carry
Enchantment (Compusion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Bard 2, Sorc/Wiz 2
Components: V, M
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Touch
Target: 1 item of size small or smaller
Duration: 1 day/level
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell is cast on any single item as a trap. The caster my freely touch and move the item without effect. If that item is then touched by an intelligent creature, they must make a will save or pick up and carry the item on their person. The effect creature will keep the item no more then five feet from their person at all times.

The item effect can be any item, made of any material, magical or not. However, the spell will have no effect if the item is obviously harmful to the creature in some way(A frost giant would not pick up a lit torch) or should the creature be too small to effectively move and carry the item.

Unless the item is something is something obvious, the effected creature will not even notice that they are carrying the item. For example, a creature would notice if they were carrying a large wooden staff. However, this has no effect on the spell, other then the creature may realize they are under and enchantment and do something about it. In most cases, when this spell is cast on something like a coin or a scroll, the effect creature will not even be aware that they have the item on their person.

The spell duration sets how long the items is trapped with the spell effect, and the length of time an effect creature will keep the item on their person. (Example-if cast by a 10th level caster the Compulsive Carry coin could sit for five days until it's touched by a thief who will then could be effected by the spell for five more days). Any item with Compulsive Carry cast on it radiates weak enchantment/charm type magic if magical detection is used.

At the end of the spell duration the effected creature is free of the compulsion to keep and carry the item. Though they are unaware of the fact and will act normally.

Gamer Girl
2011-02-23, 12:52 PM
I like the spells. Triggered Suggestion could be a lot of fun and very useful. It's great for bad guys to plant 'sleeper agents'.

Compulsive Carry...I don't know. I think it could be abused, but that does not make it a bad spell. I can see clever players getting targets to pick up bombs and such.

Epsilon Rose
2011-02-24, 02:06 AM
I have to say, I like these spells. Sleeper agents are always fun and I see so many use for the second, especially in the field of item security.

Three questions about the second, though: 1) How does the duration work? Is that how long the spell lasts on the item, how long they have to carry it, or are both on the same countdown? 2) Is it possible to exempt people so that you or a friend could move the item with out having to disenchant it first? 3) What happens if someone else tries to take the item or multiple people touch it while it's active?

Lord Vukodlak
2011-02-24, 06:31 AM
I've actually seen a triggered suggestion spell before, but I can't quite recall where...

Asheram
2011-02-24, 07:17 AM
I've actually seen a triggered suggestion spell before, but I can't quite recall where...

I think it's in psionics.

Edit: Yup, Complete psionics. Suggestion, Implanted. L4 power. It lets you set a suggestion and then a trigger to activate it.
Best part is that you don't even have to say it, it's all telepathic.

The duration is 1day/level or until completed.

Qwertystop
2011-02-24, 11:27 AM
The Triggered Suggestion is almost identical to one of my homebrew spells (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187237), right in my sig. The only difference is that yours is auto-triggered, and mine is caster-triggered. I assume that it is the thread that inspired you, but could you have:
A) At least linked to it?
B) Used a name that's not identical to mine?

bloodtide
2011-02-24, 12:19 PM
The Triggered Suggestion is almost identical to one of my homebrew spells (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187237), right in my sig. The only difference is that yours is auto-triggered, and mine is caster-triggered. I assume that it is the thread that inspired you, but could you have:
A) At least linked to it?
B) Used a name that's not identical to mine?

Yes. Your original spell was also willing only(Suggestion-''If you win the lotto keep all the money'') and mine is for unwilling targets(sleeper agents).

A)I'm not good at link-fu...I don't even know how you linked to it.
B)Triggered Suggestion is generic. Triggered=happens at at set time/action that 'triggers' it and Suggestion is the name of the Core Spell. It's not like you can name a spell 'Air Blast' or 'Fireball' and then think no one would use that name. Now if you named it Car'lzoti Marvelous Suggestive Implantation that would be different...

Qwertystop
2011-02-24, 04:02 PM
Yes. Your original spell was also willing only(Suggestion-''If you win the lotto keep all the money'') and mine is for unwilling targets(sleeper agents).

A)I'm not good at link-fu...I don't even know how you linked to it.
B)Triggered Suggestion is generic. Triggered=happens at at set time/action that 'triggers' it and Suggestion is the name of the Core Spell. It's not like you can name a spell 'Air Blast' or 'Fireball' and then think no one would use that name. Now if you named it Car'lzoti Marvelous Suggestive Implantation that would be different...

I fixed the willing-only bit about a minute after I saw you had pointed it out. Also, the suggestion on mine doesn't work like that. It's not "If you win the lotto, keep the money", it's "when I activate this bead, steal the next 10 gp you find." There's no trigger condition built into the suggestion. Also, you could use a normal Suggestion to say "agree to have my spell cast on you", then cast it. Doesn't matter that they're unwilling later.

As of now, the only difference between mine and yours is that mine is caster-triggered, while yours is situation-triggered.

bloodtide
2011-02-24, 04:31 PM
I fixed the willing-only bit about a minute after I saw you had pointed it out. Also, the suggestion on mine doesn't work like that. It's not "If you win the lotto, keep the money", it's "when I activate this bead, steal the next 10 gp you find." There's no trigger condition built into the suggestion. Also, you could use a normal Suggestion to say "agree to have my spell cast on you", then cast it. Doesn't matter that they're unwilling later.

As of now, the only difference between mine and yours is that mine is caster-triggered, while yours is situation-triggered.

Your spell also has the whole trigger token and trigger word points, mine is simply cast directly on the target creature.

Qwertystop
2011-02-24, 04:37 PM
Your spell also has the whole trigger token and trigger word points, mine is simply cast directly on the target creature.

Well, mine is cast directly on the target, the token & word are just how the suggestion is triggered. As I said, mine is manually triggered, so that's the trigger.