PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica Board Game

GAThraawn
2011-02-23, 03:51 AM
Has anyone else here been sucked into this game like my playgroup has? One of my friends bought it for her boyfriend for Christmas, and we've been averaging about 2-3 games of it a week since then.

Now that we have both the expansions, every game we play seems so different that I wonder if we'll ever get fed up with it. I've had a lot of experience with board games before, but I've never played one that I think was this changeable, or left us with so many good gaming stories.

Anyone else who has played it, share your stories here. I've found that almost every game we play concludes with some kind of "Wow, that was awesome" moment.

For me, the two most recent ones were me as a revealed Cylon Laura Roslin, standing in the Armory and single-handedly taking down three Cylon Centurions, over the course of two rounds, each on the last space of the boarding track with another Cylon advancing them every round, which just makes for a fun image, and the game in which I managed to convince the only remaining human player, while I was again a known Cylon, that instead of jumping the fleet for a guaranteed victory, instead, she should throw herself out the airlock.

Whoracle
2011-02-23, 03:58 AM
Played it once, found it to be decidedly funny. As soon as I've moved back to my hometown I'll play it more often.

And since I apparently look evil and untrustworthy, everyone except for the real cylon thought I was the cylon. Fitting that I was president AND Admiral almost from the beginning, however that worked.

SO SAY WE ALL!