PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Classes that know their entire spell list

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-23, 04:58 AM
I'm looking for a list of the spellcasting classes that have full knowledge of their spell list. So far I have the following:

-Beguiler
-Blighter
-Dread Necromancer
-Divine Crusader
-Healer
-Warmage

Are there any I'm missing?

edit: I'm specifically looking for spontaneous casting classes

Coidzor
2011-02-23, 04:59 AM
Spontaneous casting or no?

Because if you allow prepared casters too, Druids and Clerics know all of their spell list.

edit: I believe Adepts (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/npcClasses/adept.htm)do as well.

And a beguiler + PrC Bard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigeBard)can know all bard spells. I think warmage could do it as well with the eclectic learning ACF. Similarly, a Beguiler-type with Rainbow Servant levels (esp. with text over table) gets spontaneous full access to the cleric list.

Of course, Cleric and Druid can do the same with PrC Paladin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigePaladin) and PrC Ranger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigeRanger) respectively. Cleric with the Animal Domain can do PrC Ranger too, so that a Cleric can PrC into being a poor man's archivist at the cost of 3 feats and two levels. (and although not explicitly stated to be an option, a cleric or adept or druid could get all divine bard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#bardVariantDivineBard) spells by applying the divine bard variant to the PrC variant and adapting accordingly by switching the word arcane to divine and that's it)

Sandshaper adds a set list of spells to the spells known of the character and places them on the list of whatever base class so that all sandshapers know all of the sandshaper spells. Whether that qualifies or not for your purposes though... There's a couple of other classes like this, such as, I believe, Fiendblooded and one or two others, I think one of them is a Witch.

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-23, 05:02 AM
Ahh, fair point. For my purposes I'm looking for spontaneous. Good call, though.

B1okHead
2011-02-23, 05:20 AM
How about a cleric?

Thurbane
2011-02-23, 05:22 AM
Healers aren't spontaneous...yeah, they suck that much.

Allanimal
2011-02-23, 08:10 AM
A Spirit Shaman knows their entire spell list, just not all on the same day.

Cog
2011-02-23, 08:20 AM
I'm specifically looking for spontaneous casting classes
Blighter, Healer, and Divine Crusader all need to come off that list, then. They're prepped casters.

Tyger
2011-02-23, 08:31 AM
Artificer - though those are infusions, not spells, so I am not sure if it meets your requirement.

Asheram
2011-02-23, 08:39 AM
Not spontane, but a factotum could get a honourable mention?

Saintheart
2011-02-23, 09:01 AM
Healers aren't spontaneous...yeah, they suck that much.

Wut? No spontaneous healing for clerics? Dammit! And here was me about to play one! Well, now I'll just have to go back to Truenamers. :smallfrown:

Asheram
2011-02-23, 09:34 AM
Wut? No spontaneous healing for clerics? Dammit! And here was me about to play one! Well, now I'll just have to go back to Truenamers. :smallfrown:

Well.. there's always the favored soul, but that's a limited spell-list.

gbprime
2011-02-23, 09:41 AM
And the answer is probably Beguiler or Warmage, PrC into Rainbow Servant for all cleric spells all the time. :smallwink:

Yuki Akuma
2011-02-23, 09:52 AM
...I'm not sure why you'd think Blighter was spontaneous, considering they're anti-Druids...

Chuckthedwarf
2011-02-23, 10:25 AM
And a beguiler + PrC Bard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigeBard)can know all bard spells. I think warmage could do it as well with the eclectic learning ACF. Similarly, a Beguiler-type with Rainbow Servant levels (esp. with text over table) gets spontaneous full access to the cleric list.

I don't think Prestige Bard (and Paladin, and Ranger) work like that.

Taken from Prestige Bard:

Spellcasting

When a new prestige bard level is gained (except at 1st, 3rd, 7th, and 13th level), the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if she had also gained a level in whatever arcane spellcasting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class.

A prestige bard casts arcane spells from the schools of divination, enchantment, and illusion at +2 caster level. She casts arcane spells from the schools of evocation and necromancy at -2 caster level.

Nowhere it says that Prestige Bards get any access to regular Bard's spell list. You only progress your arcane spell casting of the class you had before taking Prestige Bard levels, as is with most casting PrCs.

I'm pretty sure the Prestige -X- classes exist solely for people who sort of want to play the class X (Paladin, Ranger or Bard) but do not want to rely on their sometimes stinky spell lists.

A Sorcerer/ Prestige Bard can throw fireballs; regular Bard cannot. Some cleric might like the features and lore behind the paladin class but not want to be limited to their shoddy spellcasting, so they take 2 levels in Prestige Paladin, etc.

On topic...

Spontaneous:
Beguiler
Warmage
Dread Necromancer, too, I think.

There might be some PrCs you can screw around with, but I can't think of any right now.

Since you don't need spell prep classes, I'm not even gonna bother with that list.

gbprime
2011-02-23, 10:55 AM
I don't think Prestige Bard (and Paladin, and Ranger) work like that.

Nowhere it says that Prestige Bards get any access to regular Bard's spell list.

Yes it does. check the text immediately above the prestige bard entry.

UNIQUE SPELLS
The bard, paladin, and ranger spell lists contain a number of spells that don't appear on other classes' spell lists. In general, any character who enters one of these prestige classes should gain access to spells unique to that class's spell list, at the same levels indicated for the standard class. At the game master's discretion, spells unique to that class's spell list found in other books may also be available, but on a case by case basis. The game master may require such spells to be researched or learned specifically by the character, rather than simply making them freely available.

It's subject to DM approval and opinion, but it's there.

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-23, 12:08 PM
Sorry for the errors/oversights in my OP, guys. I was up posting just a wee bit too late, I'm afraid.