PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 will save question

_felagund
2011-02-23, 08:35 AM
hey,

if i cast Fox Cunning on my wizard, all will saves of my enemies needs extra +4 right?

if so, isnt it quite powerfull for a level 2 spell? :)

pilvento
2011-02-23, 08:39 AM
hey,

if i cast Fox Cunning on my wizard, all will saves of my enemies needs extra +4 right?

if so, isnt it quite powerfull for a level 2 spell? :)

dont forget that saves are 10 + spell lvl + stat modifier (int in ur case)

so since fox cunning gives 4 int, that means a +2 int modifier = +2 to spell saves

_felagund
2011-02-23, 08:52 AM
yes you are right about +2,

and i got my answer thanks.

dont forget that saves are 10 + spell lvl + stat modifier (int in ur case)

so since fox cunning gives 4 int, that means a +2 int modifier = +2 to spell saves

Darkfire
2011-02-23, 09:04 AM
Unfortunately, it's an enhancement bonus so it won't stack with what's provided by a headband of intellect rendering it less useful and eventually making it obsolete (assuming standard WBL, a +4 HoI is affordable at 7th and the +6 version is craftable at 8th).

Namfuak
2013-02-19, 09:07 AM
I can't help to feel compelled to correct u all.

Will save is NOT modified by your primary casting stat but solely by:

Base save + WISDOM modifier (+ any magical modifier + any miscelaneous modifier + temporary modifier)

Ergo: Casting Fox's Cunning will grant you +4 Int which in no way effects will saves. You will need to cast Owl's Wisdom to gain +4 enhancement bonus to wisdom, which raises your Will save by +2)

Note: Enhancement bonuses overlap-, but do NOT stack with other enhancement bonuses.

He said his enemy's will save, which most likely means he meant the saves of his spells. Assuming he's a wizard or other int-based caster, the previous answers were correct.

Scow2
2013-02-19, 09:09 AM

Will save is NOT modified by your primary casting stat but solely by:

Base save + WISDOM modifier (+ any magical modifier + any miscelaneous modifier + temporary modifier)

Ergo: Casting Fox's Cunning will grant you +4 Int which in no way effects will saves. You will need to cast Owl's Wisdom to gain +4 enhancement bonus to wisdom, which raises your Will save by +2)

Note: Enhancement bonuses overlap-, but do NOT stack with other enhancement bonuses.
They're talking Save DCs of the wizard's spells - not the will save of the wizard.

SirKillalot
2013-02-19, 09:18 AM
They're talking Save DCs of the wizard's spells - not the will save of the wizard.

:smallbiggrin: I was deleting my message as I posted it. Misread, my bad

Oscredwin
2013-02-19, 09:18 AM

What Pilvento is talking about is Spell DC (Difficulty Class) and NOT will save against a spell.

- The spell DC is determined by the caster of the spell. (spell lvl + ability modifier + any bonuses)

- The Save is determined by the target of the spell. (Base save + WISDOM modifier + any magical, miscellaneous or temporary modifier)

I can't help to feel compelled to correct u.

The original poster referred to
will saves of my enemieswhich are effected if a wizard casts Fox's cunning on himself, and then casts a spell that requires a will save on his enemies.