PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Tainted Soul questions

Darth Stabber
2011-02-23, 12:34 PM
Okay so on the surface TTS sounds like it simply reverses the cure/inflict for healing/damaging on living creatures. However it raises several questions related to other necromancy spells when applied to a living negative energy powered person. And this is now a more pressing isssue given I have an entire tomb tainted party (one player when dread necro, everyone else saw free healing and jumped.)

1. Do Enervation effects (specifically listed as negative energy powered) still leech levels from the tomb tainted?
2. Do Psionic Healing effects heal or harm?
3. Do Restorations effects (specifically listed as positive energy powered) still undo ability/level damage?

My current solution - Enervation acts as Restoration, Restoration acts as Enervation. Psionic healing heals just fine (powered by psionic energy not positive energy).

Am I off base here?
Is there a more definitive answer here?

Keld Denar
2011-02-23, 12:43 PM
Enervation affects a TTS person just the same as any other person. You aren't actually undead (which you need to be to benefit from Enervation), you just emulate one small property of them.

Psionic Healing like Body Adjustment should work on a person regardless of their TTS status. Again, they are still living. As long as it isn't positive energy driven healing, it won't change. Crusader-based healing and Draconic Vigor (and the Lesser Vigor spell as well) will all affect a TTS just like it would a non-TTS person.

Positive energy restorations (such as the Lesser Restoration and Restoration spells) will function normally on a TTS person. Again, TTS is very specific on what it does. If it isn't covered by that text, assume its treated normally. A TTS who gets stung by a wyvern and takes Con damage could be cured by a Neutralize Poison, and the ability damage could be recovered with a Lesser Restoration.

Darth Stabber
2011-02-23, 01:22 PM
Well that is simpler, if non-intuitive.