PDA

View Full Version : Searching for past posts

No brains
2011-02-23, 03:17 PM
Is it possible to search for past posts on this site? So far my best tactic is to subscribe to threads I post in, but what I would like it a quick way to recall things I have previously posted.

Marnath
2011-02-23, 03:22 PM
Go to advanced search on the top of the page and search for everything by your username? Pick 'show as posts' to get the actual posts.

No brains
2011-02-23, 04:10 PM
Tank you very mulch!

Strawberries
2011-02-23, 04:38 PM
Also, on your profile, there should be a link that says "Show all posts by [your username]". If you click on it it displays the last 500 posts you made.

Keld Denar
2011-02-23, 05:10 PM
You can also do a site based google search. If you include the term "site:giantitp.com" in your search along with the poster's name, you can generally find them pretty quick. If I ever want to reference one of Person_Man's many compilations and guides, I'll google a quick search of "site:giantitp.com Person_Man Melee Combo Guide", and its right there on top. I use this trick for wizards.com and d20srd.org as well when I'm trying to look up a specific page or term. Very handy google-fu indeed.

Irbis
2011-02-25, 07:30 AM
I use this trick for wizards.com and d20srd.org as well when I'm trying to look up a specific page or term.

...why? :smallconfused:

D20SRD has Google search built-in, so searching it using this method is somewhat... redundant, I'm afraid.

Is it working better to justify the extra time lost?

grimbold
2011-02-25, 08:18 AM
Also, on your profile, there should be a link that says "Show all posts by [your username]". If you click on it it displays the last 500 posts you made.
this
this helps me a lot on this forum

Keld Denar
2011-02-25, 04:50 PM
Is it working better to justify the extra time lost?

Google is my homepage, so, probably?

I should probably change my homepage to GitP, I'm on here so much...

Dvandemon
2011-02-25, 05:25 PM
Main Forum Header -> Quick Links -> My Profile -> Forum Info Header -> Find all posts by No brains (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=57055)/ Find all threads started by No brains (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=57055&starteronly=1)

Hey, guess which was most recent :smallsmile:

Dvandemon
2011-03-01, 11:14 PM
I keep seeing this on the front page, are there no other posts? :smallconfused: Would the mods lock this as the OP has his answer