PDA

View Full Version : Deathwatch

Maxios
2011-02-23, 05:30 PM
This thread is for discussion of the Deathwatch RPG, where players take contrl of Space Marines from the Warhammer 4k universe.
I got Deathwatch a couple days ago. I never played a WH Game, read a novel, but the RPG looked cool, so I got it.

Also: Does anyone know good Talents, Skills, etc. for a Black Templar Assault Marine?

The Glyphstone
2011-02-23, 05:51 PM
What rank, what renown status? How much XP? Do you know what your other kill-team members will be?

Maxios
2011-02-23, 05:59 PM
What rank, what renown status? How much XP? Do you know what your other kill-team members will be?

Rank 1.
Initiated
1000 XP to use on starting Skills, Advances, and Talents
I don't know yet what the other Kill-Team members are going to be, yet

Mooch
2011-02-23, 06:24 PM
I am currently in a campaign with a blood angle assault marine and am rocking the duel chain swords. For a rank 1 assault marine there isn't much else to choose from unless you go one sword one gun or the cheesy route of duel bolters with chain sword attachments (duel wield ranged and melee at the same time yes please).

For a Black Templars take some hatreds

For assault marine take the two weapon wielder and then WS, S, A and T as needed

The Glyphstone
2011-02-23, 06:34 PM
^Above is pretty good. Prioritize WS, S, T, A in that order, and buy Hatreds like crazy.

I'm playing a Space Wolf Assault Marine myself, and it worked out great for me (that is, when the Heavy Bolter Devastator left anything alive).

Maxios
2011-02-23, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the advice, Mooch & Glyphstone :smallsmile:
I'll post my character's stats later :smallcool:

Maxios
2011-02-24, 10:02 PM
Maxios Taxtera
Black Templar
Assault Marine
Past Event: Established a Keep
Rank 1
Power Armor History: None Shall Escape the Emperor's Wrath