PDA

View Full Version : Which Books Should I Buy Next?

Bleak Ink
2011-02-24, 01:56 AM
Hello, everyone.
I'm a huge OotS fan (naturally) and I’m looking into purchasing two more of the books from Ookoodook- I’ve already purchased Start of Darkness and Origin of PCs, and wasn’t sure which of the others I should get next. I did some quick tallying, and the combinations of pairs all come out roughly the same price range, and I figured buying them in pairs would save some shipping fees; so, it’s really down to the books themselves. I’ve heard many great things about War and XPs in particular, but I wanted to see what the Forum- yes, capital F- has to say on the matter.

TimelordSimone
2011-02-24, 02:12 AM
I would just buy them in order.

But that is because I am slightly obsessive.

Juggling Goth
2011-02-24, 02:13 AM
I'm afraid you're getting Dungeon Crawling Fools and Don't Split the Party. War and XPs and Paladin Blues are currently out of print.

TimelordSimone
2011-02-24, 02:25 AM
Or, y'know, what he said.

Bleak Ink
2011-02-24, 02:28 AM
I'm afraid you're getting Dungeon Crawling Fools and Don't Split the Party. War and XPs and Paladin Blues are currently out of print.

*shrug* I can wait before buying- it's not like there's a schedule to uphold.

Morquard
2011-02-24, 03:00 AM
*shrug* I can wait before buying- it's not like there's a schedule to uphold.

The problem is that Rich usually doesn't reprint out of stock books till the others are sold, because it's a large upfront investment on his part.
So when the other books are in stock again, its quite possible those that are available now are either running low or are already sold out.

Thanatosia
2011-02-24, 03:25 AM
Just my personal opinion, but here's how i'd rate the books from my most favorite to least.... as a general recomendation to anyone already familiar with the strip (thus negating any compelling reason to purchuse in order of storyline progression) I'd say buy in this order:

1. Start of Darkness
2. War and Xps
3. Don't split the party
4. Dungeon Crawling Fools
5. No Cure for the Paladin Blues
6. Origin of the PCs

NerfTW
2011-02-24, 02:59 PM
I'm throwing my hat in the "Buy the two that are in stock now" ring. The more people who buy what's in stock, the sooner he can afford to reprint the ones that aren't.

While you're at it, buy the unbelievably cool poster set as well. You won't regret it.

Bleak Ink
2011-02-27, 11:11 PM
Alright, awesome. Thank you very much, guys. :smallsmile:

Cizak
2011-02-28, 02:51 AM
Rich himself said in some thread that the more people who buys the ones in stock now, the bigger the chance to reprint the ones that are not.

Cymbol
2011-03-08, 03:58 AM

Sadly, that's where I'm stuck. Well, that and Start of Darkness. They're definitely worth getting. I just wish I could nab them all.

Does he usually let people know when he's doing another printing?

CletusMusashi
2011-03-10, 06:22 PM
You should probably buy a few more copies of "Start of Darkness."
And give them to me, so I can loan them to people and still have my own copy.

Herald Alberich
2011-03-10, 11:57 PM
Does he usually let people know when he's doing another printing?

Yeah, it'll be on the News page.

Juggling Goth
2011-03-11, 02:52 AM
Sadly, that's where I'm stuck. Well, that and Start of Darkness. They're definitely worth getting. I just wish I could nab them all.

Me too. I have everything but Paladin Blues and War & XPs.

Dr.Epic
2011-03-11, 04:28 AM
I would just buy them in order.

But that is because I am slightly obsessive.

Probably this, but I am more tempted to see the stuff in Paladin Blues: the first book was pretty much just gag a day. I'm more tempted to see the bonus stuff in the first book dedicated entirely to plot.

Zerg Cookie
2011-03-11, 08:36 AM
Rich said in one of the War&XPs commentaries that the first book written with the large story in mind was War&XPs.
At the time he started NCftPB he didn't know the first one would be a success that'll allow him to do OotS as a job.