PDA

View Full Version : Spell Resistance

Leon
2011-02-24, 07:46 AM
Spell Resistance,
I know how it works and all but is there someway that it can be ignored for friendly casting purposes or does the person with it always have to willingly drop the effect.

Its not a issue yet but may well be soon and if the solution (if any) is a feat we can nix the problem before its too late.
A possible feat seems familiar but i cant recall if its what Im thinking of or just mixed up with another one.

sonofzeal
2011-02-24, 07:48 AM
It can, I believe, be lowered and raised as a free action. I think that's as close as you can get.

Asheram
2011-02-24, 07:52 AM
Spell Resistance,
I know how it works and all but is there someway that it can be ignored for friendly casting purposes or does the person with it always have to willingly drop the effect.

Its not a issue yet but may well be soon and if the solution (if any) is a feat we can nix the problem before its too late.
A possible feat seems familiar but i cant recall if its what Im thinking of or just mixed up with another one.

It's meant to be a bit "all or nothing" deal. Either you're very resistant to magic or not.

HunterOfJello
2011-02-24, 08:06 AM
From the Spell Compendium pg130:

"A creature’s spell resistance never interferes with its own spells, items, or abilities."

also:

"A creature can voluntarily lower its spell resistance."

The action is a Standard Action and lasts until the creature's next turn.

~

Spell Resistance applies to all spells, including 'harmless' spells cast by allies unless it is intentionally lowered.

Ernir
2011-02-24, 08:14 AM
It can, I believe, be lowered and raised as a free action. I think that's as close as you can get.

Standard action, as HunterOfJello said.

The Reactive Resistance feat (Drow of the Underdark) reduces this to an immediate action.

Leon
2011-02-24, 10:08 AM
Ah, Thats the feat i think i could partly recall but had no idea where it was from.

Thankyou