PDA

View Full Version : Innate Spell, Complete Arcane 3.5

Nicolas010
2011-02-24, 10:40 AM
Hi, i have a doubt about this feat. The thing is that i can turn one of my spells into a spell like ability. But can i put some metamagic feats on the spell i want to be my innate spell before turning it into my spell like ability ? The thing is that i would like to enhance this spell plus using energy admixture feat in a fireball spell. I know there are feats for spell like ability, but they dont change the level of the spell and they have daily use. Finally i want to do this. Maximize, enhanced, energy admixture (sonic) to a fireball, And then use innnate spell. Can i do this? I im a 5 lvl wizard, 10 lvl incantatrix, 5 lvl archmage, 6 lvl epic incantatrix to a total of 26 lvl. I will choose improved meta magic feat twice. So my final spell will be. Fireball (level 3), Maximize (+1 level), energy admixture (+1 leve), enhanced spell (+1 level) plus finaly innate spell (+5 level) to a total of 11 spell.
Thanks for your answer.

Douglas
2011-02-24, 12:56 PM
The good news: I'm pretty sure you can do this.
The bad news: Innate Spell is not actually a metamagic feat and does not use the metamagic cost mechanism. Neither Incantatrix's capstone nor the Improved Metamagic epic feat apply to it, so the spell slot you would have to sacrifice for this would be level 14.

Nicolas010
2011-02-24, 01:32 PM
i think you are right, damm innate spell is not a meta magic feat ....
but are you truly sure of that because it works as a meta magic feat...

Andion Isurand
2011-02-25, 02:28 AM
Why not take the Arcane Thesis feat for the fireball spell and reduce all those +1 costs to zero?

Or better yet, try to get this to work...

Feats Needed: Eschew Materials, Silent Spell, Still Spell, Quicken Spell,
Epic Feats Needed: Ignore Material Components, Improved Spell Capacity x2

The Prized Feat: Innate Spell (Theller's Argauneau)

--------------------------------

Theller's Argauneau
Necromancy
Level: Brd 4, Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 full round
Range: Touch
Target: One red dragon egg
Duration: Instantaneous or 1 hour/level (see text)
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No (object)

You drain the life energy from a red dragon egg and absorb it into yourself, which may be used for several purposes.

Healing: Heal 5d6 points of damage as if a cure spell were cast on you. This has an instantaneous duration.

Ability Boost: +2 enhancement bonus to Strength, Constitution, and Charisma, lasting 1 hour per caster level.

Refresh Spell: Regain one cast spell or used spell slot of any level you can cast, similar to a pearl of power except that bards, sorcerers, and similar casters can also benefit from it. This has an instantaneous duration.

A dragon egg is treated as an object, not a creature, and it does not get a saving throw against the spell unless it is in the possession of a creature (and therefore uses the normal saving throw rules for objects in the possession of a creature). If you are not a creature of the type "dragon," you must succeed at a Fortitude saving throw (DC 14) when you cast this spell; failure means you gain no benefit from the spell, take 3d6 points of damage, and are nauseated for 1 round from the sudden influx of incompatible life energy.

Material Component: A red dragon egg containing a living red dragon embryo, worth 2,000 gp.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/wn/20030226a