PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Waffles anyone? CoD Wunderwaffe weapons/perks for DnD 3.5 + D20Modern

Razgriez
2011-02-24, 08:01 PM
So one of the things I do, when I'm not busy with work, or playing DnD. is play video games, as well as being an editor over at the Call of Duty Wiki.

This idea just sorta popped in my head recently: "What if the Wunderwaffe weapons from the zombie mode, were in DnD and D20 Modern?"

Before I continue: Obligatory warning to DMs!

WARNING! The "Wunderwaffe" weapons, are kept in a Co-op modes that are meant purely for fun for a reason. They would be HORRIBLY broken in an competitive multi-player mode. If you give your players any of these weapons, there is a risk that the players will be able to just steam roll over most typical battles. I highly suggest that if you decide to use these weapons, you use them only for a comedy campaign. I also suggested treating these weapons as Relics or Artifacts to limit their usage and make ammo hard to find. To quote the "Good" Doctor from the zombie modes this is how powerful those weapons are:
"Now you could fit into a gumball machine... and I could have a piece of you for a quarter. WHO HAS A QUARTER!? Dempsey???"
Consider your self warned

Alternatively DMs, I offer the 2nd piece of advice
Be EVIL, make your players play as a zombie horde, while you play as a party of adventurers armed with these weapons:smallamused:

Also, feel free to give some of these weapons "Maximized" Damage ability. That is to say, the weapon will always deal it's maximum base damage value when used.

To get this started, in the words of Tank Dempsey:
"Gotta have to get the power on, it's like déjà vu all over again."

Ray Gun

"I don't know who Ray is, but his gun is rip!" -Tank Dempsey

3d6 DMG// Critical x2. //Range 40' increment.// 2 lbs.// Ammo: requires Element 115 "Atomic" batteries, 20 shots per Battery. Semi-auto// Reload speed: Move action

Wunderwaffe DG-2
"The Wunderwaffe DG-2! My greatest invention!"- Doctor Rictoffen
"L'eggo my Wonder Waffle!" - Tank Dempsey

Fires an effect similar to a Maximized Damage Chain Lightning spell:
DMG: 10d6 (60) Electricity damage// Critical: - (x2 optional, but not advised) // Range: 400 Ft Max, 30 Ft "chain" distance, Maximum 10 Targets // Requires Element 115 Energy Cells, 3 Shots per cell. //Single shot per turn //Full round action to reload

The Monkey Bomb
"Get ready for a surprise!"- The Monkey Bomb, before exploding
"Monkey is image of Nikolai's wife! But prettier." -Takeo Masaki
"Aww, what a cute little bundle of C4!" - Tank Dempsey

What can only be described as being a mix of "Disturbing" "Hilarious" and "Friggin awesome!" this musical cymbal monkey toy has been rigged to play polka music that attracts the curious, before exploding 3 sticks of dynamite

Stats: takes a full round action to use (winding up toy and throwing it)
Provides a Distraction for 18 seconds (3 rounds). Undead for some unexplained reason are attracted to the thing when active. At the end of the 3rd round. Explodes with the force of 3 sticks of dynamite (5d6 Bludgeoning damage, in a 15 ft burst radius) Can be thrown as a ranged, grenade like weapon, with a range increment of 10 ft. weight: 5 lbs

Thunder Gun- Work in progress
"He just... he just blew all over the place! *laughs* Wow!"
"I think that one hit the sky. Holy crap!" - Tank Dempsey, commenting on the Thundergun

I am still working on the rules for the Thunder gun, I'll provide an update when it's ready, suggestions accepted

Winter's Howl: Work in Progress

Gersh device (AKA "Black Hole Bomb") Work in Progress

Exploding Matryoshka Doll: Work in progress

Pack-A-Punch Machine and upgrades: Work in Progress

And Finally: The Perk-a-cola Machines

Juggernog
"When you need some help to get by, something to make you feel strong. Reach for Juggernog tonight, Sugar seduction delight! When you need to feel big and strong, reach for Juggernog tonight!"
— Jugger-nog Jingle

Made with real eggs, sugar, and who knows what else, this specialty drink will double the user's maximum HP (and heals for the same) for 1d3 hours

Speed Cola
"I can't be sure but I think the active ingredient rots your mind."-Rictoffen after drinking Speed cola
When drank, Reduces Reload actions by one step. I.E.: A full round reload becomes a move action reload, and a Move action reload becomes Swift action. Last for 1d3 hours

Quick Revive (note, based this more on the single player version of this)
"Whenever things, been draggin' you down, grabs you by the hair and pulls you to the ground, if you wanna get up, you need a little revive. If you wanna get up... YOU NEED A LITTLE REVIVE!"
— Quick Revive Jingle

After consumption, for 1 day, if the user ever should be knocked into Negative HP, they will returned to Full Health

Double Tap Root Beer:
"Cowboys can't shoot slow or they'll end up below. When they need some health, they reach for the Root beer shelf (Ye-haa) Cowboys can't shoot slow, or they'll end up below, (below?) when they need some help, they reach for the Root beer shelf. YA THIRSTY PARTNER!?"
— Double Tap Root Beer Jingle

After Drinking: for 1d3 hours, You gain an additional Partial action (similar to the effects of Haste or Speed Weapons)

Stamin-Up and PhD Flopper to be determined latter

Opinions, suggestions anyone?

jojolagger
2011-02-25, 03:09 PM
This is brilliant! CoD zombie game in D&D!