PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Best class "secrets"

Thurbane
2011-02-24, 08:36 PM
Hey all,

I was just wondering, there's a few classes that have very similar concepts - Loremaster, Dark Scholar (SGS), Tainted Scholar (HoH), Paragnostic Apostle (CM)...just wondering what "secrets" that these guys get you would conisder the best (aside from other class features)? Also, any similar PrCs I've forgotten?

Cheers - T

Coidzor
2011-02-24, 10:39 PM
What book is SGS? My google-fu is turning up this thread alone. :smallconfused:

Kylarra
2011-02-24, 11:01 PM
What book is SGS? My google-fu is turning up this thread alone. :smallconfused:The Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde apparently.

So speaketh my list of power (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/prc).

SurlySeraph
2011-02-24, 11:09 PM
Paragnostic Apostle: I like Call of Worlds, Manifest Ethos, Mind Over Matter, and Divine Understanding, in that order.
Loremaster: Its secrets availability table is a pretty good guide. Instant Mastery is nice for dealing with some skill prereqs, though.

Last Laugh
2011-02-24, 11:13 PM
Primal Scholar (Secrets of Xen'drik) and I know there is a non-casting 'secret' class somewhere in the Eberron books. Thunder Guide or something?

Most of the Primal Scholar secrets have to do with action points, one of them however lets you choose a spell and cast it spontaneously. Which I like a lot!

As for Lore Master, I like the first secret because it gives you RANKS in a skill, which isn't so common. Don't think it would help you meet any requirements, but it's cool. The bonus feat on is awfully nice too.

Paragnostic Apostle (Complete Champion by the way) has some very nice Knowledge is Power abilities.
Decent fast healing to all summons is handy, but I don't think it will change many battles.
+2 AC from armor boost spells is good.
+1 Caster level to spells which "physically alter your form" could be fun!
Increasing speed boosts from other spells is nice!
+1 dispel/spell penetration is a boost that could see a good chunk of play.

Really I like Paragnostic Apostle lots...