PDA

View Full Version : Highest Grapple Mod by 10?

Stallion
2011-02-25, 02:39 AM
After a ruling by my DM that allowed Wild Shape Ranger to gain size changes in their Wild Shape as a Druid, I promptly took Aberration Wild Shape and Great and Small. I then took one level in barbarian and one level of Psywar, bringing me to an 8/1/1. I already had Improved Grapple. I then cast Ram's Might and shifted into a Darktentacles. Then using Great and Small and Expansion, I increased my size to Gargantuan and finally manifested Grip of Iron before raging. My total grapple mod was a +59 by this time.

What other ideas for ridicugrapple by level 10 does everyone have? Does anyone have something that blows this particular idea out of the water, or even better, improves on it? Please, comment and enlighten me, o playground!

Zaq
2011-02-25, 03:13 AM
Any way you can shove some totemist in there? Totemists can get grapple checks that rival those of druids.

Stallion
2011-02-25, 03:25 AM
Not without losing large shape, and by extension the lovely darktentacles shape. That +16 racial mod they get is truly lovely.

Zaq
2011-02-25, 03:31 AM
Fair enough. If you can scrounge up a few feats for some Incarnum feats, though, you might be able to dabble in some of the totemist's glory.

Also, getting some reusable (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20031225a) psionic tattoos of Grip of Iron and/or Expansion might be helpful, possibly even allowing you to drop your level in Psywar. (If you're willing to bend RAI a bit, you don't even need PP to do so. Capacitors cause you to "start the day with 1 fewer power point per capacitor that is charging," but it never says that you have to have PP in the first place. It just says that they charge at a rate of 1 per day, with no mention of whether or not that PP comes from you. Against RAI, sure, but legal RAW.)