PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Help 3.5

Sinpoder
2011-02-25, 09:52 AM
Hey, if you read my I need help surviving thread you will be proud to know that I survived rather easily. All I have to say is thank you god for failed fort saved, Natural 1s!!!!! Well that does not matter right now, right now I have 2,700 women in a castle ( which I took from the orc king, it was his palace ) and I know atleast 25% of them are pregant with half orcs. My main plan right now is to create my own kingdom out of this place and take totally control of this area. I need to know what is the survival rate of birthing half orcs, and I also need to find some generals for the army I have going to have.

My paladin has a leadership score of 64, and I have no idea how many followers I can have with that but I am guessing a lot!

Then I will need some more help with how to make a kingdom more profitable, and successful.

Chilingsworth
2011-02-25, 10:25 AM
Do you have any fellow party members that can help you, or allied NPC's? Also, what class is your cohort?

For the pregnant women, characters with healing magics and high Heal checks should increase the survival rate significantly.

I'd suggest getting followers that are Experts and adepts, if your DM will let you (or even PC classes of those are possible with out having to sacrifice their actual level.) Basically, you'll need "doctors" and significant numbers of them to deal with the births. You'll also want to bring in partners for those women so new families can be formed. Ideally, every one of your followers could find a spouse among the women. This way, every one of your followers will be an addition to your kingdom's population, as opposed to taking some of the women as followers since they're already present.

Basically, you'll need:

Farmers (or some other way of providing food on a long-term basis)
Builders (you're going to need to house all these people)
Doctors (as previously mentioned, for all those births)
And Defenders. Though you, your cohort, and any adventuring companions you have should be able to take care of big threats, you'll still want law-enforcement and troops for more minor ones.

I know of no WotC sources that discuss childbirth in detail. I think the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting mentions alittle bit about the availability of midwife services and such, though.

EDIT: Just read your post on this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188666#post10446160) thread, Do you plan on intergrating the half-orc children into yor kingdom, or exterminating them?

Also, do you have the epic leadership feat? You'll be able to gather many more followers and a far stronger cohort if you do. Also, for a Level 53 character, especially a Paladin, a 64 leadership score actually sounds kinda low.

Sinpoder
2011-02-25, 12:32 PM
Yes my Paladin is 53 level and he has a 33 charisma so a +11 and then I forgot to add the rest of the bonus for being a great hero and stuff so he could have a 68 Leadership. Yes I do have Epic Leadership, I would not be able to go over 25 other wises. The only reason I even put points in charisma is for Divine Grace so I have a automatic +11 to my saves along with all my other bonuses.

So you can guess my fort saves is really high! But what I need is a number of followers I can get, I need exact numbers of 1st, 2nd, 3rd level followers I can get. As for the rest of my adventuring party...... they died... I will bring them back later but I can't do it right now......

As for the builders...... I have a lyre of building and like 20 ranks in Preform and with my charisma I have more then enough to make the DC so I was planning on using that for the building because I only need two hours of sleep from a ring of sustance. So I can do that all day long for a while.

Most importantly I am going to intergrate the half orcs in, they will be my footsoldiers as a Paladin I will not kill them unless they do something wrong then the gloves are off and they get to feel my Devestating touch ability.

Chilingsworth
2011-02-25, 12:57 PM
Well, if you have the Epic Leadership feat, can I assume you have access to the Epic Level Handbook (the book the feat is from)? If you do, you can find the table and formula needed to calculate your follower numbers on page 37. I'd do the calculations for you, but I'm afraid it would somehow be considered non OGL content and therefore illegal to post.

The info you need is, as I just said, on Pg 37 of the Epic Level Handbook.

Asheram
2011-02-25, 01:15 PM
Now... this is a very delicate situation since there's a big possibility that a large percentage of those children are unwanted and I belive quite a lot of those women will be holding grudges...
I think you should talk to every one on a case by case basis. Some might want abortions, some might want to carry their child to term.

Now, the crux here is that for those children that will be born, you want to keep a very open mind and let them grow up to a profession that they wish. It will be Very bad for you if you let them grow up hated and secluded and then give them all the weapons they could need.
Let your people know that sin is not something that is carried from father to child and that every child is born innocent.

Sinpoder
2011-02-25, 01:17 PM
Ok...... I would have somewhere in the neighborhood of alot of people! I have close to 4k people of just first level and I think that is alot for just me, and I can have a 39 level cohort.

But my major problem now is where am I going to find these people....... the entire human population has been more or less then wiped out because the the same orc attack I thought I stopped, which I guess I did not..... The humans are now an underground race, but there is a planar metropolios and I can find some people there but I don't think they will want to leave with the "new" orc kindgom right there. Well due to the fact I am a 53 level guy..... I along can kill nearly everything that is not custom made and even then....... I can do 580 points of damage in one meele touch attack to an evil ceature.

So should I just attack the " new " orc kingdom and kill everything and then bring the human population back? If you have any other thoughts let me know......