PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Paladin?

veven
2011-02-25, 02:04 PM
Is there any Paladin variant similar to the mystic ranger? One that gets paladin spell casting from level 1? No, i don't want to play a DMM Divine power cleric. I actually cant, since this would be for an E6 game. If there is nothing like this out there, what do you think would be a good trade off for the mystic ranger spell progression (but with the paladin list) if i home brewed it?

Angry Bob
2011-02-25, 02:06 PM
Sword of the Arcane Order feat(?) from Champions of Valor lets you prepare wizard/sorcerer spell from a spellbook in your paladin spell slots, in addition to your ordinary paladin spells.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-02-25, 02:09 PM
Is there any Paladin variant similar to the mystic ranger? One that gets paladin spell casting from level 1? No, i don't want to play a DMM Divine power cleric. I actually cant, since this would be for an E6 game. If there is nothing like this out there, what do you think would be a good trade off for the mystic ranger spell progression (but with the paladin list) if i home brewed it?

I don't know about an official "mystic" paladin; but I would guess it would be doing roughly the same, delaying all class features by one level...maybe trimming the proficiencies adding spellcraft to the class skill list (while also bumping it to 4+int at the least) and possibly trimming the proficiencies.. perhaps Cutting down heavy armor proficiency and maybe also axing the special mount.

ko_sct
2011-02-25, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure if it work cause I'm AFB at the moment but if you want to get level 2 and 3 spells from a paladin, if you have access to heroes of horror, you can get your depravity up to severe and then take the feat mad faith that give you extra spells pair day of a level depending on your depravity.

Of course you may get smack by the dm, both for making a paladin with 3rd level spells in E6 and making a character that probably cant work in a group (hellllooooo murderous rages ! :smallbiggrin:)

gorfnab
2011-02-25, 02:16 PM
If there is nothing like this out there, what do you think would be a good trade off for the mystic ranger spell progression (but with the paladin list) if i home brewed it?
Lets see a ranger looses his animal companion, loses his martial melee weapons, and has it's combat styles and favored enemy delayed a level in order to become a mystic ranger. For a paladin I think they would loose their mount, have their smite evil and remove disease delayed a level, and maybe loose martial weapons or heavy armor as well (if you want to keep the weapon and armor profs then maybe consider dropping the HD to a d8). Then add in the mystic ranger spellcasting progression with paladin spells and the spellcraft skill. Choose cantrips from the cleric list and go through the cleric 5th level spell list and choose the more paladin themed spells.

Tyndmyr
2011-02-25, 02:24 PM
Human, two levels of wizard, followed by three levels of human paragon, and your favorite casting progressing class. 5/6 spellcasting, a juicy feat, +2 to a stat of your choice, and lots and lots of skill goodness.

You are now a "paladin". Thanks to Mount, you can summon a ride. Thanks to multiclassing, you have great saves. Your class skills are whatever you want them to be, and the stats/feat shores up any areas you want more paladin-like. ACF off your familiar for something else handy.

Be lawful good, bust out the martial weapon of choice(which human paragon also gives you proficiency in), and go beat in the faces of evildoers.

If divine casting is important to you, replace wizard with cleric in the above. It'll work just as well.