PDA

View Full Version : Church Inquisitors

Gullintanni
2011-02-25, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I know that as a fluff requirement, Church Inquisitors are required to be members of a Lawful Good Church or a Lawful Good Order. I've done some digging and I can't really find anything that prohibits a Lawful Neutral Cleric who worships a Lawful Neutral God from joining a Lawful Good organization.

Take Wee Jas for example. In the Greyhawk setting, she has the Inquisition domain. It makes perfect sense for her to have Inquisitors. Is there anything that prohibits a Lawful Neutral character from practicing in a Lawful Good organization?

TroubleBrewing
2011-02-25, 04:32 PM
It would mostly depend on the DM who was running the game. If it's you, heck no! You can have CE cleric of slaughter as inquisitors if you want, it's YOUR game! If it's not, just check with them. (Personally, I'd have no problem with it. I might even ENCOURAGE it, given the "Neutral" nature of information gathering.)

CapnVan
2011-02-25, 04:36 PM
Church Inquisitors are required to be LG or LN
p.26 CDiv.

Shouldn't be a problem. You're a part of the Wee Jas clergy that seeks to ensure that Evil doesn't subvert any part of the church. Doesn't mean that you want to turn the church towards good, per se, but rather, that you do battle with the forces of evil constantly seeking to subvert the practitioners of magic towards the path of evil.

Keld Denar
2011-02-25, 04:38 PM
Different churches also have varying sects and orders within them. In Greyhawk cannon, most of the main gods like Pelor, Heironeous, and St Cuthbert all have different orders with different responsibilities. St Cuthbert especially, given the gods tendancies to wobble on the good/neutral line.

The funny thing is, the text doesn't say it has to be YOUR church, just a lawful good church. I played a CI of Pholtus a while back who's fluff revolved catching a cleric of "Pelor" summoning a demon. Since that day, my CI has been trying to find proof behind the "Church of the Burning Hate", as he belives Pelor is. Naturally, any sun god that's not HIS sun god must be fake, right?

Gullintanni
2011-02-25, 04:42 PM
Church Inquisitors are required to be LG or LN
p.26 CDiv.

Shouldn't be a problem.

I know. It's the Order part. They have to be members of a LG order...does that mean worshipping a LG god? I guess the real avenue I'm pursuing here is to optimize the Master of Shrouds. Cleric 2/CI 1/MoS x. It's not that difficult to work fluff wise...it's a crime and punishment thing.

Seek information, summon shadows to drain offenders.

Barbin
2011-02-25, 04:43 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/TorNATE0/NooneExpects.jpg None of you expected this!

As McBannert said, it's up to the DM.

TroubleBrewing
2011-02-25, 04:44 PM
And now... the Comfy Chair!