PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Planetouched Question

Beelzebub1111
2011-02-25, 05:49 PM
Quick do lesser Planetouched loose their darkvision? What about their martial weapon proficiencies? or is it just the same, except that they're humanoid instead of outsiders?

Chilingsworth
2011-02-25, 05:58 PM
Well, the weapon profficencies are part of the outsider type, so those would disapear. I don't know about the darkvision, I think they also lose the energy resistances they have, and the spell-like abilities.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-02-25, 06:09 PM
Well, the weapon profficencies are part of the outsider type, so those would disapear. I don't know about the darkvision, I think they also lose the energy resistances they have, and the spell-like abilities.
No, they only loose what ever is based on the Outsider sub-type, the resistance and Spell-like abilities are retained.

Quick do lesser Planetouched loose their darkvision? What about their martial weapon proficiencies? or is it just the same, except that they're humanoid instead of outsiders?
In a nutshell, yes they do loose Darkvision and the weapon proficiencies, the loose all of the below.

Traits

An outsider possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

* Darkvision out to 60 feet.
* Unlike most other living creatures, an outsider does not have a dual nature—its soul and body form one unit. When an outsider is slain, no soul is set loose. Spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, and resurrection, don’t work on an outsider. It takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection to restore it to life. An outsider with the native subtype can be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected just as other living creatures can be.
* Proficient with all simple and martial weapons and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
* Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Outsiders not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Outsiders are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
* Outsiders breathe, but do not need to eat or sleep (although they can do so if they wish). Native outsiders breathe, eat, and sleep.

They would loose all this, while still being susceptible to Dismissal, or Banishment (where to.. no one knowns)

stainboy
2011-02-25, 06:17 PM
I believe they keep everything explicitly given to them in their description.

Tieflings As Characters

Tiefling characters possess the following racial traits.

* +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma.
* Medium size.
* A tiefling’s base land speed is 30 feet.
* Darkvision out to 60 feet.
* Racial Skills: Tieflings have a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Hide checks.
* Racial Feats: A tiefling gains feats according to its class levels.
* Special Attacks (see above): Darkness.
* Special Qualities (see above): Resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Infernal. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Orc.
* Favored Class: Rogue.
* Level adjustment +1.

So tieflings keep Darkvision, energy resistances, and their Darkness ability, but they lose their racial martial weapon proficiency.

Also, Dismissal and Banishment affect extraplanar creatures, not Outsiders. All creatures including humanoids are susceptible to those spells when off their native plane. The only reason planetouched are more likely to be affected is because they're more likely to be from somewhere other than the Material. There's also an easy dodge for Dismissal and Banishment: make Sigil your native plane. The spell tries to teleport you into Sigil, and therefore fails.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-02-25, 06:24 PM
I believe they keep everything explicitly given to them in their description.

So tieflings keep Darkvision, energy resistances, and their Darkness ability, but they lose their racial martial weapon proficiency.

They still loose darkvision, cause they get it from the Outsider typing to the best of my knowledge

Chilingsworth
2011-02-25, 06:28 PM
Since we're discussing the creatures, and kinda need their stats to do so properly:

Lesser Aasimar characters possess the following racial traits.

■Type: Humanoid
■+2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
■Medium size.
■A Lesser Aasimar’s base land speed is 30 feet.
■Darkvision: Lesser Aasimars can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
■Racial Skills: Lesser Aasimars have a +2 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks.
■Racial Feats: A Lesser Aasimar gains feats according to its class levels.
■Automatic Languages: Common, Celestial. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Sylvan.
■Favored Class: Paladin.
■Level adjustment +0.

Also, they're affected as through they are both humanoids and outsiders for purposes of spell targeting. Charm Person affects them, as do banishment and the like.