PDA

View Full Version : so i got a question about epic

Kahlendrrari
2011-02-25, 09:20 PM
when they say "reaches 20th level" do they mean ECL 20, or do they mean 20 hit dice. BAB, feats and everything else is calculated off of hit die, so for poops and smiles, if i was playing the trumpet archon, and wanted to add a class to it, his ECL would be 21, but he would only have 13 HD. would he still get the BAB and what not from the class that he gained or would he just get the epic stuff right off the bat?

SiuiS
2011-02-25, 09:31 PM
To the best of my understanding, you would continue normal progression based on hit dice, until you had 20 HD. Level adjustment exists ONLY to penalize your experience, it has no affect on your actual level. Your trumpet archon would be affected by magic as though he were only 13th level as well, not 21st level.

I find it funny you will capitalize acronyms like ECL and HD, but you won't capitalize your 'i's ;)

Kahlendrrari
2011-02-25, 09:39 PM
i type how i write, and being military and the bazillions of acronyms and stuff like that they always get capitalized, and usually when i write my "i's" it looks preety much like an "l" anyways so i figure why bother, if i look un-educated then so be it. /rant off. thanks for the info that was kinda what i thought but being really new to the game i didn't know.