PDA

View Full Version : Evil Subtype alternatives

CycloneJoker
2011-02-25, 11:03 PM
I was challenged to make a Tainted Scholar. Yes, I know they're hidiously busted beyond all belief and all, there's a long story behind it, but basically, I need to know, how can I avoid all the negative effects of Taint while getting absurdly high levels of it? Even the most bizarrely twisted methods are acceptable. I need to do this at as low a level as possible. And since I was stumped, I figured I could see what you guys know. The evil subtype limits the amount of Taint I can get, so it's out, unless, I misread it, so what other methods are there. My only idea was to go Mantled S2P Erudite, take a level in Subverted Psion, and then take a level in Tainted Scholar, but is there a more effective way?

sreservoir
2011-02-25, 11:18 PM
I do believe the standard solution is to go necropolitan. although, I'm not quite sure what (Evil) has to do with it.

CycloneJoker
2011-02-25, 11:29 PM
Evil Subtype makes you immune to taint, but:

Creatures with the Evil subtype and undead creatures are
immune to any negative effects from taint. They automatically
have effective corruption and depravity scores equal
to one-half their Charisma score, +1 for undead or +2 for
outsiders. They take no penalties due to these taint scores,
but they can use them to qualify for feats or prestige classes

I want to get a real benefit for burning down orphanages, not just a little, unless that's a minimum, not a constant.

Amnestic
2011-02-25, 11:35 PM
I want to get a real benefit for burning down orphanages, not just a little, unless that's a minimum, not a constant.

I believe there's never been a specific ruling on that, and it's debatable as to which side is correct.

There's the Ritual of Alignment (Savage Species) but it's quite pricey.

dextercorvia
2011-02-25, 11:43 PM
It's simple. To avoid rules arguments, get the [Evil] subtype without being undead or an outsider. Then you avoid the flat taint score argument, and the negative effects of your own taint.

CycloneJoker
2011-02-25, 11:59 PM
I believe there's never been a specific ruling on that, and it's debatable as to which side is correct.

There's the Ritual of Alignment (Savage Species) but it's quite pricey.
I can work with it, as long as it's not been ruled against, officially, or by everyone. Is there anything outside of that? I want to do this before level eleven. Also, I'm away from the correct book right now, can a Thought Bottle give you the level you lost from Necropolitan back?

It's simple. To avoid rules arguments, get the [Evil] subtype without being undead or an outsider. Then you avoid the flat taint score argument, and the negative effects of your own taint.
The subtype is what matters, not the type, except for undead.

Actually, do they add that on as a minimum? that would be awesome.

dextercorvia
2011-02-26, 05:21 PM
I was reading your quote wrong. I was reading that only undead and outsiders got the flat taint score (minimum or not).