PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Evil Cleric

Antipas
2011-02-26, 05:13 AM
Well, I'm new to Pathfinder and starting off with joining an evil campaign and I'd like some advice on how to build it. I'm looking to play a mostly melee buffer. The books available are core, APG and bestiary I & II.. a few things can be allowed by negotiating but count on a no.

The required: Character level 5 evil aasamir (It makes sense with the back story and it was allowed at no LA) cleric of the god Zon-Kuthon (I managed to get the 3.5 version of spiked chain allowed) with a starting stat block of 17, 14, 14, 14, 14, 12.

The negotiable:
Stats: 17 to strength and the 12 to int or dex
Domains: destruction, undead (death). Undead mostly because I'm channeling negative energy, several in the party are dhampir. The other non negatively aligned I can adjust with the base ability and at level 8 I can heal myself with the channeling.
Feats: Selective channeling (but is it really needed because of reasons above?), Eschew materials is always a favorite but how important is it really since it's only <1g? I also want heavy army prof and feats moving towards greater cleave (because of the spiked chain). I considered doing a one level dip to fighter but was promptly yelled to never EVER lose a caster level. Maybe meta magic feats later?
Equipment: 10.5k Entirely unused to not having the entire MIC on my lap. We'll be fighting good, so I'd love an unholy spiked chain, but that's expensive. Decent armor. At this point in playing, I basically consider a handy haversack mandatory also.

I could mostly use help on what feats to get now and what to build towards and starting equipment.