PDA

View Full Version : Statting Dantalion [3.5]

Niezck
2011-02-26, 06:03 PM
So I'm hoping to join a level 30 gestalt, GITP-homebrew-friendly game that allows dual-prestige classing and dual-advancement prestige classes. Any 3.5 is allowed essentially and web enhancements are usually good to go.

My concept for said game is this - I want to build Dantalion. I've tracked down this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183097&highlight=vestige) template to do the job along with 5 levels in the Scion of Dantalion prestige class from ToM (DM has allowed me enter and bypass the binding requirement with that template).

My problem is this - I now have 55 more levels to fill and absolutely no idea how to do it. Dantalion is meant to be the conglomeration of kings and royalty bound never to enter the afterlife. So how do I represent that with class features? I like the many minds in one body part of the concept and would really like to build on that, but honestly can't think how.

The obvious choice would be something akin to Master of Masks to represent the different lords and ladies, but I'd like to avoid Factotum-esque abilities that just allow a variety and would prefer to focus in one one particular area.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Thoughts? Rants that I'm an idiot with a stupid idea? :smalltongue:

Dust
2011-02-26, 06:09 PM
For those unfamiliar with the reference, Dantalion on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dantalion).

Niezck
2011-02-26, 06:11 PM
For those unfamiliar with the reference, Dantalion on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dantalion).

I was more going for the Tome of Magic vestige, but that's actually really helpful.

Urpriest
2011-02-26, 10:54 PM
I'd actually go with some Dragon Shamanfire Adept (meant the competent one, somehow put the other). While most of the fluff doesn't really fit, the Baleful Geas invocation that one of the other threads has been complaining about just feels really really kingly. Lelouch vi Brittania kingly.

Otherwise...Disciple of Asmodeus is all about royalty, and IIRC it's not actually that bad. Of course something like Wizard or Sorceror feels kingly just by raw "mess with reality" ability. Perhaps combined with Paladin of Tyranny and Crusader into a Sorcadin build.

Zaq
2011-02-26, 11:11 PM
I'd actually go with some Dragon Shaman. While most of the fluff doesn't really fit, the Baleful Geas invocation that one of the other threads has been complaining about just feels really really kingly. Lelouch vi Brittania kingly.

Otherwise...Disciple of Asmodeus is all about royalty, and IIRC it's not actually that bad. Of course something like Wizard or Sorceror feels kingly just by raw "mess with reality" ability. Perhaps combined with Paladin of Tyranny and Crusader into a Sorcadin build.

I assume that you mean Dragonfire Adept, not Dragon Shaman.

Anyway, the whole "teaches all arts and sciences" makes me feel like Bardic Knack (or, at a minimum, Lore/Bardic Knowledge, but Knack is probably more appropriate) should be in there somehow.

JaronK
2011-02-27, 02:13 AM
Well, the general knowledge stuff makes me think that Archivist is an obvious choice... probably straight Archivist 20. Knowledge Devotion makes sense as well. The mind reading bits make me think that a Mindbender 1 dip with Mindsight would be a solid idea as well. Honestly, I'd go Factotum 19/Mindbender 1//Archivist 20 for the first 20 levels, but if you really don't want Factotum (or Chameleon, which would make perfect sense too) then you'd need some other arcane casting to use Mindbender. Perhaps Bard for Bardic Knack, with 10 levels of Sublime Chord and a level of Mindbender thrown in?

Also consider throwing in some Swordsage, as their teleportation abilities would work well. Maybe even Teflammar Shadowlord or something.

JaronK

Eldan
2011-02-27, 06:38 AM
I still consider Dantalion a Telepath, actually, for all his mind control and mind-travel stuff. So I'd fill one side with that.