PDA

View Full Version : Turning Character into a Monster

Sinpoder
2011-02-26, 06:59 PM
My DM has now approved the ability to become a monster in a character now that he is not a primary character ( see page 145 of Savage Species )

The Character I am going to change is the character in my Sig. I was wondering what should I change him into so that he keeps his LG alignment. All Books are allowed with telling me what the book is. No Dragon Magizines.

I believe he uses the wish spell exactly like the book will. I will take Half breeds and templates as long as you can show me where they are.

Note: Money and Experience is not a issue, if you look at my character you can see I can kill even the strongest red or black dragon with ease and then take there treasure.

Yukitsu
2011-02-26, 08:40 PM
You kill the strongest red depending on the epic feats the DM gave it. If he gave it epic spell casting, you're a little boned, and certain fly/breath combos would give you problems in the open. But yes, you can easily toe to toe melee a red great wyrm who didn't take the same epic feats as you.

On that note, I recommend "assending" I find a great wyrm gold dragon is a good "go to" for a paladin in golden looking armour, and doing so would cover some of your non-melee on ground deficits. If you mean monster as in, he's fallen to darkness, Just paint the armour black, add spikes to everything and fall to darkness.

Sinpoder
2011-02-26, 09:30 PM
He is not a evil paladin, if that was what you meant, he is the same guy and personaly I would perfer to have a monster that has a humanoid look to it. I was thinking a celestrail of some kind.

More or less what I am looking for is a way to completely power up my paladin while still keeping him LG and while turning him into something badass but still human looking....

Any Ideas and I am open still..... if no one can come up with anything better then a dragon then I will pick that....

Chilingsworth
2011-02-26, 09:42 PM
He is not a evil paladin, if that was what you meant, he is the same guy and personaly I would perfer to have a monster that has a humanoid look to it. I was thinking a celestrail of some kind.

More or less what I am looking for is a way to completely power up my paladin while still keeping him LG and while turning him into something badass but still human looking....

Any Ideas and I am open still..... if no one can come up with anything better then a dragon then I will pick that....

Gold dragons have an alternate form ability that lets them take the form of any medium or smaller animal or humanoid 3/day for as long as they wish. Becoming a gold dragon would let you remain human-looking until and unless you had reason to be otherwise.

Sinpoder
2011-02-26, 09:49 PM
Dragons are not immortal...... I am looking for a way to become Immortal too and as far as I know all outsiders are immortal..... Dragons can live a very very long time ( 2.5k+ ) but that is not long enough...

starwoof
2011-02-26, 09:55 PM
There is a prestige class in the Draconomicon called, I believe, the Dragon Ascendant. Basically its a 13 level prestige class for true dragons that not only makes you immortal, it makes you a god. Turning into a gold dragon and then becoming a Dragon Ascendant could be a good way to become immortal.

Sinpoder
2011-02-26, 10:01 PM
Very true but my problem is that it is nearly impossible for me to get more levels......... so that being said I don't really have the time to gain 13 more levels.....

Daftendirekt
2011-02-26, 10:08 PM
Look at the Guardinals in the MM1. They're definitely humanoid. I've always liked the Avorals, but the Leonals are pretty cool too.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-02-26, 10:11 PM
Ask to become an angel of some kind; it would be plenty appropriate for such an epic paladin I think. Ask if he can ascend to become an astral deva, or an archon of some kind.

Edit: Sort've ninja'd.

Yukitsu
2011-02-26, 10:11 PM
Just chalk it up as a class/race retraining.

Sinpoder
2011-02-26, 10:14 PM
True.... I am just wondering what kind would be the best..... I was looking at the Solar Deva and it was good but I was wondering would that be the best opion...

Amnestic
2011-02-26, 10:17 PM
Dragons are not immortal...... I am looking for a way to become Immortal too and as far as I know all outsiders are immortal..... Dragons can live a very very long time ( 2.5k+ ) but that is not long enough...

Time Dragons are immortal as I recall, though I think they're only in Dragon Mag., and I don't know which issue.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-02-26, 10:20 PM
True.... I am just wondering what kind would be the best..... I was looking at the Solar Deva and it was good but I was wondering would that be the best opion...

Solars are extremely powerful, hence the epic challenge rating; at the level your character's at, I'd say he's long overdue for godhood really, so if not demigod or quasi-deity status, I'd say becoming a solar would be pretty appropriate.

Sinpoder
2011-02-26, 10:25 PM
Well he is a quasi-deity, but the thing is his Deity is in a war that I think he is going to lose..... so I am currently looking for a back up plan for immortality because when my god pulls his divine rank to power something, or he just gets bored of his paladin then I want a back up plan.......

Solar Deva is the best opion, but I want to know if there is anything more badass then a Solar Deva in the war against evil... and remeber I will take any and all books.....

Sinpoder
2011-02-27, 12:12 AM
Well There is the Throne Archron from the book of Exalted Deeds........ is that better then a Solar Deva....