PDA

View Full Version : Items for a Transmuter

NeverSleep
2011-02-26, 11:53 PM
I've got a Transmuter5/incantrix2 that I'm playing long term.

I was wondering if you guys have some suggestions on some items I should be on the look out for, and other things I should be spending the cash on.

Most books are wide open.

Items I already own:

Bracers of armor +8(BBEG went down a bit early)
Hat of Disguise
Cape of the Mountebank(dimension door 1/day)
Various low level scrolls

I'm looking for things that follow the transmutation theme, and things that are just plain good for mid-to-high level casters to have.

Thanks

GoodbyeSoberDay
2011-02-27, 03:49 AM
Custom item of spellcraft +[as high as you can afford]. This is your most important item, bar none. If you can't get this, there are other item-related ways of pumping your spellcraft, but they are indirect and mysterious to me. Do them.

Ring of Enduring Arcana, MiC, provides a large, cheap bonus against dispelling your wonderful buffs. Very, very important for an Incantatri.

Ring of Counterspells, putting one of the Dispel Magic line in it. Good, but less useful in a full-splat game due to the wider variety of ways your DM can dispel all your goodness. Enduring Arcana, OTOH, pretty much works against everything.

Edit: I should probably put in a disclaimer that this advice assumes you want to abuse Incantatrix by persisting a bunch of powerful spells normally balanced (or somewhat balanced) by their short duration. If you're nice enough not to want to do that... Get one of the concentration-boosting items in MiC and have fun with Seize Concentration when you get it.