PDA

View Full Version : Leap Attack, PF, and Metamagic

Seatbelt
2011-02-27, 02:44 AM
I'm converting a gish to Pathfinder. He's ftr 1/wiz5/ek2/abjc/5/ek2.

So I have three questions: How does Leap Attack interact with Pathfinder, is there a feat like "Spell Girding" (dispell checks against you take a -2 penalty) exist in PF and/or is it worth it given how dispel magic now works in pathfinder, and..

I wrote on my character sheet "Reduce Persistent Spell."

I took a feat that reduces the spell level increase of Persistent Spell. But I forget what its called, how it works, or actually anything about it. It's been almost two years since I've played this character. :P

Jarian
2011-02-27, 03:01 AM
Sounds like you took Easy Metamagic (Persistent Spell) or qualified for Practical Metamagic via spontaneous divination or something.

Both reduce the level adjustment of a given metamagic spell by 1.

Can't speak to your other question though.

Seatbelt
2011-02-27, 03:19 AM
Does anyone remember what book the feat "Create Magic Tattoo" is from? I found it on the intertubes but I would like a book to cite.

Jarian
2011-02-27, 03:19 AM
Spell Compendium.

Feat? No, no idea. There's a spell of that name in SpC though.

peacenlove
2011-02-27, 03:50 AM
I'm converting a gish to Pathfinder. He's ftr 1/wiz5/ek2/abjc/5/ek2.

So I have three questions: How does Leap Attack interact with Pathfinder, is there a feat like "Spell Girding" (dispell checks against you take a -2 penalty) exist in PF and/or is it worth it given how dispel magic now works in pathfinder, and..

I wrote on my character sheet "Reduce Persistent Spell."

I took a feat that reduces the spell level increase of Persistent Spell. But I forget what its called, how it works, or actually anything about it. It's been almost two years since I've played this character. :P

Leap attack doubled Power attack damage so i guess it does the same in PF.

Mysterious magic from Secrets of Xendrik eberron book is superior to Spell girding since it also increases the spellcraft check to identify your own spells by 5. However, no in Pathfinder there isn't yet an equivalent buff.
Also Dispel magic might be bad but Greater dispel magic is still powerful since typically you will only have time to have 3-4 buffs on you in a given battle..