PDA

View Full Version : Undead and "Brilliant Energy" weapons

Sims
2011-02-27, 12:26 PM
I read that even though Brilliant energy passes through nonliving matter, it has no effect on Undead. So does that mean that if I had a Holy Brilliant Energy sword, the entire attack would not go through? Or just the sword damage? (Like no 1d8, but still takes 2d6 Holy)

Last Laugh
2011-02-27, 12:31 PM
I read that even though Brilliant energy passes through nonliving matter, it has no effect on Undead. So does that mean that if I had a Holy Brilliant Energy sword, the entire attack would not go through? Or just the sword damage? (Like no 1d8, but still takes 2d6 Holy)

I would certainly say that it would do nothing to the zombie (on account of how it doesn't touch it) you also need to hit something for holy to do anything...

Chuckthedwarf
2011-02-27, 01:16 PM

Get into a raging philosophical debate with your DM, proving that "undead" are actually alive.

The smart ones - they move, they think, they sometimes eat or gain sustenance from magical sources (and we got all sorts of screwed up creatures that do that kinda things too). Sure, they don't reproduce - but neither is someone who is castrated or otherwise denied the ability to reproduce. So being an intelligent undead is sort of like being really sick, but still alive!

The dumb ones - in addition to the above, they're sort of braindead. >_>

Glav
2011-02-27, 01:19 PM

"A brilliant energy weapon cannot harm undead, constructs, and objects." says the d20 SRD.

The holy bonus would be additional bonus damage on hit.

If you can not hit it, you can not do bonus damage.

:(