PDA

View Full Version : Incorporating 2nd Edition Kits into 3.5/Pathfinder

blackleaf108
2011-02-27, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know of a good 2nd Edition/3.5 combination? I'm looking for something that will allow the incorporation of class kits from 2nd Edition into 3.5.

Any suggestions, or somewhere where I can find where someone has made these rules?

blackleaf108
2011-02-27, 02:10 PM
'kay, I'm thinking maybe this belongs in Homebrew, amirite?:smallannoyed:

nyarlathotep
2011-02-27, 03:14 PM
It only belongs in homebrew if you're posting actual new mechanics.

From what I know kits are usually covered with a combination of places of origin (Forgotten Realms) and alternate class features. However if that doesn't tickle your fancy they would be easy enough to convert. Kits essentially messed around with the 2nd ed equivalent of class skills, and gave small boosts. The only problem is that you'd have to convert each kit by hand.

navar100
2011-02-27, 03:18 PM
You'll have to look at each kit individually. A potent kit ability could be a feat. If the kit has a number of minor things, then together they can be one feat. If you really want to expand on the kit, to flesh it out and possibly make it stronger, turn it into a prestige class.

arguskos
2011-02-27, 03:20 PM
Kits also can be handled with Alternate Class Features or Substitution Levels. The best method is to look at the specific kit in question, see if it's already been replicated through a feat, ACF, sublevel, or something, and if not, then pick one of those three and turn the kit into one.

DisgruntledDM
2011-02-27, 03:23 PM
Check out the variant classes in the Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide.