PDA

View Full Version : Iskandar's Travels in Multiplayer Minecraft: a LP

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Iskandar
2011-02-27, 01:56 PM
Youtube playlist for this LP is here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FB9C42A9549DCB68

If you want to join me on my adventure:
Download mumble (a voice chat client) and go here (mumble://209.239.114.150:2062/?version=1.2.3). I will tell you the address of the server and add you to the whitelist. A mic is NOT required, I just cannot record a LP, play minecraft, and type to talk.

Domochevsky
2011-02-27, 02:19 PM
What, the other thread not good enough for you? :smallwink:

(I'm pondering joining the server... got a mic but can't provide anything better than gutural sounds though. >_>)

Terry576
2011-02-28, 09:59 PM
Man we're doing so great. We've got like, five people and three layers of that evil dome done.

Maybe another episode will be up soon. But don't take my word for it, I'm just a member of the server, not Iskandar.

Iskandar
2011-03-01, 05:55 AM
Episode 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mAhlursBIo)

I've been a little lax about getting these videos posted. Hopefully the pace will pick up a bit soon.

Koury
2011-03-01, 04:38 PM
If I have Mumble running and try to open Minecraft, MC will crash after log in. If I have MC open already, Mumble will fail to open.

I don't get it. They both run fine without the other one open.

In other news, things seem to be coming along nicely. I stopped by the dome
last night and was impressed by the progress being made. Good job all around.

Zain
2011-03-01, 05:44 PM
When would be good time to be on mumble and find some else online? I wouldn't find joining to help out.

Iskandar
2011-03-01, 05:46 PM
Generally about noon EST until about 6 pm EST, and somewhat after 10 pm EST somewhat erratically.

Destro_Yersul
2011-03-01, 07:51 PM
Episode 3 seems to have gotten lost somewhere. Unless I missed it? You went right to 4 from 2.

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-01, 08:34 PM
Episode 3 seems to have gotten lost somewhere. Unless I missed it? You went right to 4 from 2.

Check the link to the whole playlist at the top of the page.

Crossblade
2011-03-02, 04:34 AM
You were probably asked this ages ago, but what do you use for recording? Fraps or something else?

Also, I think I narrowed down the problem of my personal lag (though haven't 100% confirmed it); it's a poor brandname router.

Lastly, my gf gave me an old headphone set, so now I can talk on Mumble... but not sure there'd be much point to it if I weren't on the server with you. Unless you just get lonely and would like some talking while I play my single player minecraft. :smalltongue:

Iskandar
2011-03-02, 10:10 AM
Yeah, Fraps. More or less the goto app for recording games, it looks like. Run it to record half-size and lock at 30 FPS, I get 8 - 12 minutes per 4 gig avi file.

And Windows Movie Maker to edit the raw footage. Not as full featured as it might be, but it gets the job done. Compresses a 15 minute episode into about 300 to 500 megs.

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-02, 02:43 PM
Damn, why does uncompressed video take up that much space? What resolution are you recording at?

Iskandar
2011-03-02, 03:33 PM
960x540 (half size of my 1920x1080 native) at 720p.

Mind you, that is raw footage, no compression at all. Encoding brings that down to a more manageable 300 to 500 Mb per 15 minute episode.

I have a 1 Tb HD with a secondary holding 250 meg, so space isn't that big an issue. that said, raw video gets discarded monthly.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-02, 07:10 PM
Is it just me, or is the server down?

Terry576
2011-03-02, 07:35 PM
Yep, it's down.

Thought you oughta knew.

Domochevsky
2011-03-02, 07:49 PM
Ah, i was just trying and wondered... :smallconfused:

Iskandar
2011-03-02, 10:12 PM
I just got a fairly ominous email saying the hard drive that the node my server runs on is failing. The integrity of the data is not guaranteed, and it looks like our map may be lost.

I'm going to be somewhat upset if it truly is gone, but it isn't like this is the FIRST minecraft map to go down in the middle of my LP.

Give me a day to try to put sort this out...

Dragon Elite
2011-03-02, 10:56 PM
I just got a fairly ominous email saying the hard drive that the node my server runs on is failing. The integrity of the data is not guaranteed, and it looks like our map may be lost.

I'm going to be somewhat upset if it truly is gone, but it isn't like this is the FIRST minecraft map to go down in the middle of my LP.

Give me a day to try to put sort this out...

That would be fairly lame.

Iskandar
2011-03-02, 11:15 PM
Partly my fault for not instituting regular back ups. Then again, the server was a week old...

Iskandar
2011-03-02, 11:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VogNrj-ROG0

An important announcement.

also, server temporarily up with a temporary map and no plugins. I do have Runecraft up, though. 10 slots, no waiting....

No whitelist, so come one and all:

IskandarsTravels.c2mcs.net

Domochevsky
2011-03-03, 07:13 AM
Fff~!

And i was just done with the house too. :smallfrown:

(Yeah, me hosting the server for him fell indeed through, due to Minecraft being java-based. Sh*t be costing extra, apparently.)

factotum
2011-03-03, 07:38 AM
(Yeah, me hosting the server for him fell indeed through, due to Minecraft being java-based. Sh*t be costing extra, apparently.)

So your hosting provider is telling you it costs extra to have a FREE server running on top of a FREE JVM? I'd start investigating other hosting options, if I were you... :smallwink:

Domochevsky
2011-03-03, 08:01 AM
So your hosting provider is telling you it costs extra to have a FREE server running on top of a FREE JVM? I'd start investigating other hosting options, if I were you... :smallwink:

No, my provider is telling me that having java on my server is part of a extended Plesk pack, which costs extra per month. :smallwink:

(Unless i can install a java vm myself somehow. I'm open to suggestions.)

Iskandar
2011-03-03, 01:47 PM
And all is well again, I think. Map is recovered, and server is back up, it looks like....

The Shadowmind
2011-03-03, 03:23 PM
And have you started making daily backups of the map yet?

Iskandar
2011-03-03, 06:22 PM
I am now.

Was going to start weekly backups, just like I do with my single player map. Server kinda died before it made it through the first week.

Also, server offline for the night. The data is fine, they just need to finish some maintenance on the server.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-03, 09:07 PM
OH GOD. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FridgeBrilliance)

I just realized Iskandar could look just like Notch if he changed his haircut.

How did I not realize this before?

Iskandar
2011-03-03, 10:18 PM
And the glasses. My beard isn't quite as epic in person, though. My ancestry made it impossible to grow a beard at all until I was well into my thirties, and it STILL refuses to grow as well as it should.

The poor web cam quality covers that up, though....

The LP will continue soon. And it should be open for everyone to return tomorrow.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-03, 11:16 PM
And the glasses. My beard isn't quite as epic in person, though. My ancestry made it impossible to grow a beard at all until I was well into my thirties, and it STILL refuses to grow as well as it should.

The poor web cam quality covers that up, though....

The LP will continue soon. And it should be open for everyone to return tomorrow.

I have been on the server today.
And yeah, glasses, whatever. Still.

Iskandar
2011-03-04, 10:59 AM
And the server just went down hard.

Waiting on support....

Sigh. I WAS going to try to get a LP episode out. apparently THAT isn't happening....

Iskandar
2011-03-04, 12:50 PM
And up again. They were supposed to do maintenance last night to fix the hard drive that took out the server in the first place. Instead, they did maintenance this morning.

Server is up. Map is back. Runecraft is installed. Things should be good again....

Dragon Elite
2011-03-04, 07:01 PM
Awesome. I will now spend many hours playing.

Iskandar
2011-03-04, 11:48 PM
New plan!
Been speaking with Domochevsky, IskandarsTravels multiplayer is moving servers.

I will NOT be moving the map. If there are any structures you absolutely must keep, message me and I will move them as a MCEdit schematic to the new server.

The new server will be running Bukkit and Runecraft and that is it. I've decided to keep things simple.

Abandoning the dome construction is painful, but in the end, too much cheating went into its construction, and I think a clean break is in order to remove the temptation.

Maeglin_Dubh
2011-03-05, 12:12 AM
Might join you in the new world.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-05, 12:22 AM
Hear, hear. And new world sounds fun.

Iskandar
2011-03-05, 01:33 PM
Server is up:

Whitelist protection, if you want in contact either me or Domochevsky to get added on mumble. Mumble server here:
mumble://209.239.114.150:2062/?version=1.2.3

Runecraft added, things look stable, tell one of us if you have problems

Maeglin_Dubh
2011-03-06, 12:06 AM
Whitelist is for the server, or for mumble?

Iskandar
2011-03-06, 12:33 AM
The server is whitelisted, mumble is not. To get into the server, you must connect to mumble and ask either I or Domochevsky to add you to the whitelist.

Iskandar
2011-03-06, 12:28 PM
Episode 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbIkd_WRQGE)

Work starts anew....

The Shadowmind
2011-03-06, 09:08 PM
I think I might need to be re-white listed, the_shadowmind.

vampire2948
2011-03-07, 11:29 AM
Hey Iskandar,

My computer's performance isn't great on your server, I get constant 2 second+ latency and such. I'm sure it is my computer / internet connection's fault.

So, I won't really be online. Makes it much too annoying to do anything.

Thanks for the invite and such anyway :/

Vamp,

Iskandar
2011-03-07, 01:31 PM
Alright shadowmind, you are re-whitelisted.

Terry576
2011-03-07, 03:00 PM
Apologies for not logging in recently. I've been busy with homework and stuff.

Rewhitelist me I guess.

Tertiary.

Iskandar
2011-03-07, 03:25 PM
and so are you...

Iskandar
2011-03-08, 03:45 AM
Episode 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXJib-9--N4)

Lots of stuff going on, which I'm not really part of. Really need ot play more than watch....

Kurien
2011-03-08, 05:41 PM
When I saw what you looked like on your special announcement, I simply had to make a skin in your likeness:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6409/iskandarminecraftskinla.png

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6707/iskandarminecraftskinpn.png (http://www.minecraft.net/skin/remote.jsp?url=http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6707/iskandarminecraftskinpn.png)
(The tiny wun is a link to minecraft.net's remote skin changer)

I hopes it works properly this time, with the accessories section showing on the skin.

Also, I'd like to point out I didn't use a program like SkinEdit to make this, so I apologize if it has turned out wrong in some way and requires correctification. :smallredface:

Iskandar
2011-03-08, 11:43 PM
Skin works, beard does not, looks like. Neat though.

Thanks.

Iskandar
2011-03-11, 04:19 PM
Episode 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBfebm3rWF8)

Sorry that took so long. I've been playing instead of updating.

things are progressing.

Domochevsky
2011-03-11, 05:27 PM
So that's how that bit got blown out of my temple... weird stuff. :smallconfused:

(We landed in quite a strange world here. Pretty nice.)
GODDAMN CREEPERS!

Iskandar
2011-03-11, 05:45 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. I would have fixed it, but I couldn't tell what was damaged to fix it.

Freaking ninja creepers.

Domochevsky
2011-03-11, 06:03 PM
Oddly enough the only actual damage it did was blow out a piece of ladder and a half block (stairs). So... i'm not quite sure just what exactly happened there.

factotum
2011-03-12, 04:56 AM
Cool terrain where you've decided to place your house! Don't forget to put a teleport rune before teleporting back to the Hall of Teleports, though... :smallwink:

Destro_Yersul
2011-03-12, 10:52 PM
There still room on your server? I might want to sign up, though I'm not sure how active I'd be.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-12, 11:56 PM
There still room on your server? I might want to sign up, though I'm not sure how active I'd be.

If I remember correctly, the whitelist can be as long as you want, but the max limit on at once is 10. And I've only seen 4 people on at once.

factotum
2011-03-13, 03:23 AM

Hmmmm...wasn't there a Minecraft Let's Play somebody hasn't worked on since January? :smallsmile:

nosignal
2011-03-13, 04:30 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/153xs2a.jpgPictured: Pyromaniac admiring his work up close.

:smallbiggrin:

Iskandar
2011-03-13, 09:51 AM
oops? oops.

Well, at least the trees are clear...

Iskandar
2011-03-13, 02:55 PM
Episode Eight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrQwZ6n_eOI)

Why yes, I am insane...

Caustic Soda
2011-03-13, 04:56 PM
It seems to me that for each new dome, you've managed to come up with a new way to complicate matters. If the server dies again, are you gonna build the next dome in the nether or out of obsidian? or bpth? :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Destro_Yersul
2011-03-13, 05:46 PM
Hmmmm...wasn't there a Minecraft Let's Play somebody hasn't worked on since January? :smallsmile:

Nobody was commenting on it. I could start updating again if you all really wanted me to. Not to steal any viewers from Iskandar or anything...

Iskandar
2011-03-13, 05:46 PM
At least this one is the same size as the last one. Frankly, unless Notch increases the sky limit, this is the largest practical dome you can make without playing around with your map, or trying to build in mid-air. (about 120 is the absolute limit, without hitting bedrock)

With a sky limit of 512 or so, I could create a dome 500 high and 1,000 wide at the base. Of course, that would require excavating about a quarter of a billion blocks....

At 90 high and 180 at the base, this is a more reasonable 1.5 million.

Domochevsky
2011-03-13, 10:18 PM
For reference: Don't hold buckets of water while you use teleporters, people. Odd surprise there when i came back to the temple. >_>

Crossblade
2011-03-14, 05:04 AM
Technically, it's a globe or sphere, not a dome. A dome is just the top half of a sphere.

I am curious though... Why? Just because?

Destro_Yersul
2011-03-14, 06:22 AM
Hey, who owns the massively flat area with the box full of dyes? I'm going to need a fair bit of red dye at some point in the future, and I can't very well collect my own when every rose nearby seems to have been looted already.

factotum
2011-03-14, 12:56 PM
OK, not to sound too snarky about this, but I thought one of the reasons for moving to a new server was to avoid abusing admin tools--so what's with the "/time set 0" almost every time it starts getting slightly dark?

Crossblade
2011-03-14, 01:57 PM
That's so it's daylight for when he's recording. Can't see too well on youtube in the dark.

Koury
2011-03-14, 02:20 PM
Hey, who owns the massively flat area with the box full of dyes? I'm going to need a fair bit of red dye at some point in the future, and I can't very well collect my own when every rose nearby seems to have been looted already.

That'd be mine. :smallsmile: I have need of all those things I have in that chest for sure. I need to go hunting for some yellow dye too.

Iskandar
2011-03-14, 02:57 PM
OK, not to sound too snarky about this, but I thought one of the reasons for moving to a new server was to avoid abusing admin tools--so what's with the "/time set 0" almost every time it starts getting slightly dark?

To avoid recording in the dark, mostly. Makes post-recording so much easier when I don't have to worry about what y'all can and cannot see because it is dark and I have to pay attention to when I am within torchlight and when I am not.

I'm also keeping it day around the dome while I get my lighting issues fixed. If I was playing on single player, I would have turned it to peaceful, being multi that isn't an option so I compromise.

Which is the thing, really. My point here is that I am digging and placing every block by hand (with a little help from power rune'd tools, which is a mod, not an admin cheat). That was the thing with the last server, too much reliance on /give and WorldEdit.

Kurien
2011-03-15, 06:18 PM
Oh yays, you're using the skin I made! :smallbiggrin: Although, without the secondary accessories portion visible, it doesn't quite look like how I intended. I believe the following skin will rectify this, though.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6707/iskandarminecraftskinpn.png (http://www.minecraft.net/skin/remote.jsp?url=http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6707/iskandarminecraftskinpn.png)

I think the problem was that only the accessories section could be transparent, while the empty space elsewhere in the skin could not.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I would like to add that I was also a little miffed at the liberal use of admin tricks like /time set 0. I understand the temptation, considering it eases gameplay hugely and means you don't have to worry about it being too dark for viewers to see -- but in doing so you lose the feeling of... what's the word... of legitimacy? So the gameplay doesn't feel like a cop out? :smallconfused:

I've seen another multiplayer Let's Play-- Coe's World, I believe it was called-- in which it is stated that no admin trickery is used at all, and so it did become particularly dangerous at night when they were building.

It may be extra work, but I think you should make a return to modifying the gamma at certain points during post-recording editing, which you previous referred to as "Fake Flashlight/Lantern Mod/Edit". :smallconfused:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

And lastly, it would be awesome if you recorded you and some of the others exploring and clearing a large cavern system together. :smallcool: And hopefully encounter a few dungeons along the way. :xykon:

Destro_Yersul
2011-03-15, 09:20 PM
I don't mind the time set, since it's just when he's recording. At all other times night and day happen normally, though I personally usually skip night by either sleeping, if I'm the only one online, or hiding in a building, if I'm not.

Iskandar
2011-03-15, 10:51 PM
Yeah, for recording purposes, except for those times where night has a purpose like exploring, setting it to day is simply a better solution than post recording editing. It REALLY funks with the way the game looks and it is a serious PitA to rejigger the gamma afterwords.

Beyond that, blocks are dug by hand, blocks are placed by hand. I did keep it day during the first part of the building of the dome, but that was for a very specific purpose. We have had, and continue to have, severe issues with creepers on this map, especially since their warning hiss is erratic or even missing in multiplayer, and their hit box is smaller, so trying to hit one with a sword is nearly pointless. Worse, they can and do spawn on top of trees, just as if you had set your graphics to fast in single player. This meant that even in supposedly well lit areas you could get ninja attacked by creepers out of nowhere with no ability to fight back.

Yeah, a challenge I don't mind, but problems caused by multiplayer weirdness and bugs? Especially when I'm working on an extremely complicated not to mention fragile project (it is made out of dirt, mostly, atm)? Not so much.

Iskandar
2011-03-16, 02:43 AM
Episode 9 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egh_gFAPjC8)

For the very few of you who were very, very attentive may have noticed this video go up, and go back down... uh I kinda forgot the first few minutes. Woops.

Destro_Yersul
2011-03-16, 04:44 AM
The cakes, and by extension the wheat farm, was me. It's in the bakery directly across from spawn shelter. I've been working on that instead of working on my islands.

Crossblade
2011-03-16, 09:15 AM
I've tried logging in a couple times... ended up at the old dome island. The rune teleporter doesn't seem to work there. :p

My lag is still too much for me to play regularly though.

Zain
2011-03-16, 12:04 PM
Could someone please PM me the IP for the sever? I seem to have lost it -_-

Koury
2011-03-16, 02:36 PM
2nd page of this thread. :smallsmile:
Server is up:

Whitelist protection, if you want in contact either me or Domochevsky to get added on mumble. Mumble server here:
mumble://209.239.114.150:2062/?version=1.2.3

Runecraft added, things look stable, tell one of us if you have problems

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-16, 08:41 PM
Well, Iskandar, I've joined your server (as Awesome_Guy_Z) but unfortunately I was unable to accomplish anything due to the immense lag I experienced. Hopefully I'll have better luck in the future.

Just wanted to let you know it was your last video series which inspired me to get Minecraft, so thanks for putting in all that hard work!

Domochevsky
2011-03-16, 09:54 PM
Talking about hard work... i still need MOAR sandstone for the temple, so if anyone could gather some of that and put it into the chest at the shelter, that would be swell. :smallsmile:

The Shadowmind
2011-03-16, 10:34 PM
For the lag try:
Reloading minecraft

If using 64 bit OS, make sure java is 64bit, might require using internet explorer opened in 64 bit mode to access the proper java page

Setting FPS limit to on.

Crossblade
2011-03-17, 01:08 AM
2nd page of this thread. :smallsmile:

Ok... the old server is still up too, I was on that the other night. Iskandar, I hope you're not paying for both.

Iskandar
2011-03-17, 01:42 AM
Briefly, yes. At the end of this month, that server will gol down. I have the map, though....

Dragon Elite
2011-03-17, 05:02 PM
Also, the server is refusing my connections.

Domochevsky
2011-03-17, 05:41 PM
Also, the server is refusing my connections.

Should be fixed by now. Server was forced to its knee by a memory overload. I really should get people who know how to write scripts instead of hacking stuff together myself. >_>

Dragon Elite
2011-03-17, 06:23 PM
Should be fixed by now. Server was forced to its knee by a memory overload. I really should get people who know how to write scripts instead of hacking stuff together myself. >_>

Okay, great.

Destro_Yersul
2011-03-18, 07:29 PM
work on the islands progresses. I'd be on more often, but I do have work.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-18, 07:54 PM
I'm just starting on a new project, and I was wondering if someone could explain how the warps work?

I assume you mean waypoints? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN-WFzwuegE)

EDIT: My post is orphaned. :smallfrown:

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-21, 04:50 AM
I built a 3-story tower outside my cliffside workshop. Used around a thousand cobblestone from the chests in the dome. Come check it out if ya want, guys.

Domochevsky
2011-03-21, 12:43 PM
Great, now we only need to find a way to get rid of the other 20 chests full of cobble. :smallwink:

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-21, 04:54 PM
I might build a full-on castle if I find a nice, wide-open spot for one. I dunno....

Dragon Elite
2011-03-21, 05:55 PM
I might build a full-on castle if I find a nice, wide-open spot for one. I dunno....

I would love to help if you find one. I have some epic plans for the corners of walls, anyone can PM for any structural/aesthetic tips/building plans.

nosignal
2011-03-22, 09:49 AM
Is the server down? I've been getting timed out for the past two hours.

Iskandar
2011-03-22, 10:04 AM
Yes, it appears to be down. Gotta wait on Domchevsky to notice and fix it.

Iskandar
2011-03-22, 12:07 PM
While we are waiting:
Episode 10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ej6erai2dA)

factotum
2011-03-22, 02:23 PM
Speaking of fractals, I wonder if anyone has ever laid out a Mandelbrot set in Minecraft? :smallwink:

Wookieetank
2011-03-22, 02:57 PM
Speaking of fractals, I wonder if anyone has ever laid out a Mandelbrot set in Minecraft? :smallwink:

I'm not sure, but I want to now! Yet another major project to add to my ever increasing list of projects :smallsigh: At least I won't be bored for the foreseeable future though! :smallbiggrin:

Domochevsky
2011-03-22, 03:18 PM
*Sand is missing*

"Ah, Domochevsky must have been here."

Tsk. :smallbiggrin:
But it's true. I have been there. >_>

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-22, 05:34 PM
I didn't realize you were recording this when I was on with you! :smallamused:

Destro_Yersul
2011-03-22, 07:14 PM
Aww, no love for the frozen islands? Though, I actually don't know when this episode was made, and they may not have had work done on them then. Still, glad to see the bakery got shown off a bit.

Iskandar
2011-03-22, 08:06 PM
Yah, this was recorded quite a few days ago, you can tell because the dome got flattened quite a bit more than was shown

Kurien
2011-03-23, 01:28 AM
May I suggest a use for all the excess cobblestone?

I was thinking, an arena dedicated to the *ancient* and *noble* sport of Spleef? [Obligatory link to Minepedia article] (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Spleef) You guys could make it as big as you want it, but the bigger, the awssumer.

I would request it to be based on the Roman Collosseum (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/Colosseum_in_Rome%2C_Italy_-_April_2007.jpg/800px-Colosseum_in_Rome%2C_Italy_-_April_2007.jpg).

Zain
2011-03-24, 01:15 PM
I Support the above Idea, and would be happy to help with the building of said stadium

Destro_Yersul
2011-03-24, 09:34 PM
Today I discovered a rather large (though not massive) cave system under the dome. It has been stripped of all useful material, with the exception of some obsidian, most of which got deposited into the chests. It has also been lit up entirely.

In other news, I accidentally cleared a bunch of snow near spawn. I'm going to be building something there, though, so don't bother re-freezing it.

Zain
2011-03-26, 10:36 AM
I've built a lava and glass art thing near the spawn, I hope that ok

Dragon Elite
2011-03-26, 10:39 AM
I've built a lava and glass art thing near the spawn, I hope that ok

It looks great!

Zain
2011-03-26, 02:39 PM
It does take quite a bit of glass though, I think we should just stop referring to Far home as a desert now, it's become a sand sorce

Iskandar
2011-03-26, 06:13 PM
Episode 11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efs25j-Xupc)

Missed a bit of the cave exploration due to a FRAPS issue but good times nonetheless

factotum
2011-03-27, 04:26 AM
Problem with your dome is that it just looks like a big black circle--you can't see the detail in the darkness! Could do with some torches across the surface.

Iskandar
2011-03-27, 05:09 AM
Yeah, about that.... Someone is working on possibly embedding glowstone in the walls of the dome. Maybe. We'll see.

Sorry for the slow updates, everyone. This project is taking a wee bit of time.

Heh, wee. Yeah. The Dome Project, Devourer of Lives more like.

Still, 20+ layers are now shaped, and 30+ layers are rough dug (which means I am lagging behind, as I am the one doing the shaping of the walls of the dome)

Which sounds impressive until you realize that comprises less than a third of the dome's total layers, and that third is the smallest of those layers. Total actual completion? About 15%. Maybe 20%, if I'm lucky.

SilverSheriff
2011-03-27, 05:17 AM
After a few weeks without having a computer, I am now capable of playing Minecraft again. I am still quite interested in playing on your server and wait patiently in Mumble.:smallbiggrin:

The Shadowmind
2011-03-27, 04:16 PM
After having Iskandar set the sun where I wanted it, I took a picture of my house

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/79/shadowhouse.png

nosignal
2011-03-28, 09:48 AM
So, before I left, the dome looked like this
http://i52.tinypic.com/fva82p.jpg
When I returned,
http://i52.tinypic.com/v4nqro.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/301oodj.jpgOh hey a guest, I would have tended to him, but I was retrieving my gear after falling down thishttp://i52.tinypic.com/5yuiwi.jpg
Hit the ledge, my (now invisible) gear scattered all over several levels.
:smallsigh:

SilverSheriff
2011-03-28, 12:21 PM
Hit the ledge, my (now invisible) gear scattered all over several levels.:smallsigh:

I thought I fixed that...:smalleek:

Iskandar
2011-03-28, 05:30 PM
Yeah, and I don't mean to sound harsh, but you kinda messed up.

This goes for everybody, we need the dome dug out evenly, 3 layers at a time. We definitely do NOT need deep holes scattered all over the place.

I was too tired last night to take notice, and I really should have said something at the time, my fault.

Get with Domochevsky (AgentPaper in game), Nosignal, or DemonHunt, and they can show you what needs to be done.

Also, can someone please take a moment and fix the torch grid?

On a more positive note, I am now embedding glowstone in the walls of the dome, per DemonHunt's idea (Zain, isn't it?). And it looks good. So, much thnaks for that idea.

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-28, 05:32 PM
Do we have access to the Nether in multiplayer, or do you have to spawn it in?

EDIT: I played for about 15 minutes but something happened and I got disconnected. Now it's saying it failing to reconnect, and the connection is refusued. Did something happen to the server? Or is the problem something on my end? :smallconfused:

Iskandar
2011-03-28, 09:27 PM
nope, server is down. when that happens, check the mumble server to see if Domo is there so he can fix it. If not leave him a PM, and he should get to it fairly quickly.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-29, 09:29 AM
Aww... server is down. I was going to post some pictures of mah epic air balloon.

Domochevsky
2011-03-29, 01:26 PM
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fa49adc16cd, pid=26179, tid=1093052752
#
# JRE version: 6.0_22-b04
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (17.1-b03 mixed mode linux-amd64 )
# Problematic frame:
# V [libjvm.so+0x5e06cd]
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

:sigh:

Java is way too prone to crashing on linux. And i have no real idea how to get a hold of that. The server log shows no specific activity that may have caused this (Apparently it died about an hour after i logged out).

Did anyone of you (Awesome_Guy_Z and nosignal) do anything special directly before it crashed? Playing with lava? Using specific blocks?

Server should be back up. Also made another backup and updated craftbukkit to 544 (Runecraft remains at 2.4.5, despite being called 2.4.4 in the server log).

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-29, 07:45 PM
Actually, I think it crashed the exact instant I clicked on my teleporter.

Iskandar
2011-03-30, 04:10 AM
Glowstone is in place and it looks good. New episode recorded but not edited just yet, later today, so everyone can see.

Need people to smooth out the surface of the dome atm, and put the torches back in some kind of order. I chased off a skeleton and a creeper off the floor of the dome, not a good sign.

Beyond that, good job one and all.

Zain
2011-03-30, 11:28 PM
Just though I'd post some Images of the glowstone dome
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5605/mc4n.jpghttp://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8302/mc2xo.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1394/mc7a.jpg
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1386/mc8f.jpg

And our Narrator and lead designer Iskandar
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/720/mc3b.jpg

Iskandar
2011-03-30, 11:47 PM
Yeah, now I just have to get off my butt and get the episode up.

Iskandar
2011-03-31, 12:17 PM
Minecraft has updated, Bukkit has not. If you are a member of the server, do NOT update your client just yet, otherwise you will not be able to connect to the server. The serve should update within 24 hours, perhaps less.

Iskandar
2011-03-31, 01:00 PM
And Episode 12 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUvDczXZzT0) while we wait

Oh, and general announcement to the players on the server: Do NOT log out and back in directly after teleporting. It MIGHT be causing a server crash. I know you lose your skin when teleporting, but please give the server time enough to load the chunks around you before logging out.

SilverSheriff
2011-03-31, 01:23 PM
Yes I did make that tunnel with the water at the bottom, but it was in the search of Redstone (which I did find and eventually gave some to AgentPaper).

Iskandar
2011-03-31, 02:07 PM
Ok, for tunnels that low, make sure you are JUST over bedrock (so your ceiling is under layer 9 or lower if possible) (which your tunnels are, actually, so good job there) or that you are at layer 12 to 16. The dome floor will be at either layers 10 or 11, I think, and I would appreciate not to have to fill in too many holes.

Destro_Yersul
2011-03-31, 07:36 PM
the big flat area with the lava was me. There's also a skeleton dungeon down there. I really should install some signs though, it's a right bugger to get out if you don't know where you're going.

factotum
2011-04-01, 01:42 AM
Lookin' cool. Also, did you change your in-game name, Iskandar?

Iskandar
2011-04-01, 02:32 AM
Yup. When I created my original account, I was unaware that you could not set a nickname. So, now my account name matches(more or less) my forum name here.

factotum
2011-04-01, 06:58 AM
Mind you, where does "Imangiapane" come from anyway? Always reminds me of an almondy cake... :smallsmile:

Dragon Elite
2011-04-01, 08:00 AM
Mind you, where does "Imangiapane" come from anyway? Always reminds me of an almondy cake... :smallsmile:

lmangiapane. With an L.

Iskandar
2011-04-01, 11:41 AM
My name is Laurence Mangiapane. And now you know. Just a way to guarantee a an account name that has yet to be taken.

Server is up, without runecraft atm. Waiting patiently for an update.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-01, 07:15 PM
Oh My God Wolves Are So Cute!!!!!!

factotum
2011-04-02, 01:10 AM
My name is Laurence Mangiapane.

Whoops, sorry for comparing you to a cake there...thought it was something you made up, not your name! :smalleek:

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-02, 08:49 AM
I think I've become the dome's unnoficial cave-system clearer. There's some rather substantial caves down there, and I've been systematically lighting them up. At some point I'll probably mine out all the useful materials and donate them to the dome construction effort.

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-02, 09:54 AM
Wow, it's hard to fight creepers and lag at the same time. Getting a little tired of rebuilding my workshop.... :smallannoyed::smallfrown::smallsigh:

Iskandar
2011-04-02, 10:30 AM
I'd like to thank nosignal, domochevsky, destro, Zain, the_shadowmind, and DiamondDragon. They have been going over and beyond in helping my get this project done.

Thanks guys, couldn't do this without you.

Domochevsky
2011-04-02, 01:09 PM
Heh, where's that sudden bout of thankfulness coming from? Ensuring that we'll continue once runecraft is updated? :smallsmile:

(At least now you've got enough time to catch up with the rim shaping, so that's a plus.)

Iskandar
2011-04-02, 01:49 PM
Me and nosignal got finished trimming the walkways down to size, and looking down at the dome floor caused the bigness and insaneness of this project to hit home.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-02, 02:47 PM
I'm about to get on for about an hour, I'll help some more on the dome.

And thanks.

SilverSheriff
2011-04-03, 06:03 AM
I used 2 Lava Buckets to smelt all the Iron down into roughly 4 stacks of iron Ingots, which I then turned into Iron blocks to save space in the miscellaneous items chest, which was looking a bit full. I like to think I was being efficient and helpful (for once:smalltongue:).

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-03, 09:31 AM
I have stripped the tunnels I found of useful things, as promised, and in the process I have done a few other things I feel may be useful.

- signs added to the caverns pointing the way out in case Iskandar gets lost down there again. :smalltongue:

- added materials located to the dome stockpiles. 9 blocks iron, 2.5 stacks coal, 2.5 stacks redstone, 10 diamonds.

- all coal has been relocated to a chest specifically for coal, conveniently situated near the furnaces. We've got twelve metric craptons of the stuff, so it's probably better to use that for smelting than lava. Much more plentiful.

- planted plenty more torches in the caverns. Probability of monster attack has decreased significantly.

Lastly, I have discovered something interesting. Someone else has been clearing caverns under the dome as well. I've mined a new passage between my caverns and those caverns, and am curious as to who it was cleared them out. Whoever it was knocked hole in the roof of one large cave, then planted a perfectly straight row of torches to mark it off.

I explored those caves a little bit, but there must have been dark places nearby. They were full of scary noises, and I was carrying valuable goods. I didn't stay long.

SilverSheriff
2011-04-03, 09:53 AM
Couldn't have been me, I haven't dug anything else out since the shaft with the water at the bottom and the path back up to the top.

Iskandar
2011-04-06, 01:17 AM
Coupla notes from dome construction: The excavators have hit layer 54, which is 48 from the starting layer of 102, thus they have technically passed the half way point. I am currently shaping layer 64, and am lagging 10 meters behind, which is typical.

I had to spend the day fixing the dome, I managed to duplicate a layer. Took me a bit to realize what I had done, took me longer to find it, and even longer to fix it. Had to check all 34 completed layers against the plans to find the anomaly.

On the plus side, I modified the top of the dome, raising the glass to where it should have been (I had inset it into layer 2, when it should ahve been raised above it) and converted layer into glass, enhancing the sun ray thing the glowstone already had going.

Next episode should be up shortly, as we explored a giant cavern under the dome a day or so ago.

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-07, 07:40 PM
I haven't been on lately. The reason is work. I'd like to see the episode, though. COme on, get it uploaded :smalltongue:

Iskandar
2011-04-08, 03:15 PM
Episode 13 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnH3Z4pKqDo)

Super bonus length video. So long, in fact, I smacked into Youtube's size limit. Which is why it is slightly lower in quality.

Domochevsky
2011-04-08, 04:48 PM
It's a war out/down there! D:

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-08, 06:06 PM
Nice epic monster battle! :smallamused:

Crossblade
2011-04-09, 01:20 AM
You missed some diamonds!
When Diamond Dragon was fighting slimes and zombies with you. They can be seen in the roof above the lava at 16:19 as you were fighting a slime that knocked you off a small ledge. It was a little before you died.

Never mind, you went back and got it at 32:35. Didn't recognize the area at first glance.

factotum
2011-04-09, 08:03 AM
Bit risky exploring a cavern with only a single cake for food...they're kind of one-shot deals!

As for getting out with the diamonds, why didn't you just create a teleporter back to spawn? Not like you were short of redstone!

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-09, 12:43 PM
I've been looking into Runecraft and I noticed there is actually a one-shot teleport rune that can take you to any established waypoint. Pretty useful for long explorations, but I haven't tried it yet since I don't have any redstone. Seems like just the thing, eh?

Iskandar
2011-04-09, 03:23 PM
Yeah. Requires you to be carrying redstone torches and know the signature of the waypoint you are trying to reach. I know Spawn Shelter's waypoint, 2 dirt and 2 gravel, just I am rarely carrying redstone torches.

factotum
2011-04-09, 03:51 PM
Yeah. Requires you to be carrying redstone torches and know the signature of the waypoint you are trying to reach. I know Spawn Shelter's waypoint, 2 dirt and 2 gravel, just I am rarely carrying redstone torches.

But if you, say, happened to be carrying a bunch of redstone and some sticks, that wouldn't be a problem... :smallwink:

nosignal
2011-04-09, 07:40 PM

Isn't Spawn Shelter 2 sand and 2 gravel? But yes, personal teleporter is something I use when exploring. I usually 'port to Mountain Temple since it's 4 gravel.

Domochevsky
2011-04-09, 09:00 PM
Isn't Spawn Shelter 2 sand and 2 gravel? But yes, personal teleporter is something I use when exploring. I usually 'port to Mountain Temple since it's 4 gravel.

"Easy to remember and aquire" is the primary reason why i made it that way. Can't remember what any of the other teleporters have in them. (Shelter is 2 sand, 2 gravel on opposing sides, Hub has at least one sandstone in it... and that's about it. >_> )

Dragon Elite
2011-04-09, 09:15 PM
"Easy to remember and aquire" is the primary reason why i made it that way. Can't remember what any of the other teleporters have in them. (Shelter is 2 sand, 2 gravel on opposing sides, Hub has at least one sandstone in it... and that's about it. >_> )

Hub is 1 sandstone 3 wood. My house is 4 wool. Somewhere should be a wood waypoint with dirt filling for easy-to-acquireness.

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-10, 04:14 AM
I think my workshop is 4 torches. That's super easy.

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-10, 08:19 AM
Farhome is 4 sandstone. I forget what I made Frozen islands. Torches and logs, I think.

Iskandar
2011-04-10, 02:01 PM
and the server just fell over, dead. Paging Domochevsky....

Domochevsky
2011-04-10, 02:35 PM
Well, at least the java error was a new one. (too new for google even.) :smallcool:

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-10, 03:18 PM
Well, at least the java error was a new one. (too new for google even.) :smallcool:

Is that supposed to make us feel better? :smallconfused::smallsigh:

:smallamused:

Iskandar
2011-04-10, 03:52 PM
Server up, and we now have a warehouse for the cobble, and dirt to be moved into.

The teleport is across from the teleport to the outside, so if anyone wants to help with the move...

Dragon Elite
2011-04-10, 05:56 PM
Also, would anyone want a temporary map switch to a survival island/adventure map? I want to play one with other people, it would be fun.

Iskandar
2011-04-10, 09:25 PM
Might need a break after this latest insanity.

I have been removing all the dirt from the walls of the dome and replacing it with smooth stone. Not done yet, but I think this picture speaks for itself on how worth it is has been:

http://i.imgur.com/ZlEPQ.jpg

Dragon Elite
2011-04-10, 09:46 PM
Looks awesome, but a lot less natural.

Iskandar
2011-04-10, 10:04 PM
The dome never looked exactly natural, tbh.

I finally decided just to go with it, and show the parallel between the rigid structure of the dome and the more chaotic nature of the mountains that surround and engulf it.

I think it works better this way, but the idea and concept is still evolving and changing.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-10, 10:21 PM
I agree, it looks better.

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-11, 01:10 PM
I feel this is relevant and shall leave it here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound/3009-Mining-All-Day-long

Iskandar
2011-04-11, 06:07 PM
The dome walls are now fully converted to stone.

That was exhausting, but well worth it I think. If you are part of the server, check it out. For the rest of you, i'll get an episode up shortly showing off the recent changes. If you'd like to join the server, drop me or Domochevsky a PM.

Iskandar
2011-04-14, 11:48 AM
Episode 14 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfKRO9t4frc)

Things are still moving, albeit slowly.

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-14, 07:38 PM
I'd be on more, but half the time the bloody thing still doesn't work for me. :smallannoyed::smallsigh:

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-14, 07:44 PM
That dungeon down there with no spawner in it is actually the one you found exploring that huge cave, Iskandar. I appear to have excavated it somewhat, and was a bit surprised to see it, myself.

On a similar note, the chap what ended up walking out to Farhome was also me.

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-14, 09:47 PM
Well, I did some digging in the trenches for a bit. Cheers!

Iskandar
2011-04-15, 12:36 AM
Um.... anyone know what happened to a stack and a half of iron blocks in the dome chests? Not that I mind if anyone has a use for it, but I admit to some curiosity.

nosignal
2011-04-15, 01:41 AM
Nope, don't have them.

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-15, 02:55 AM
It was there a few hours ago when I was digging trenches.

nosignal
2011-04-15, 05:14 AM
All that iron's been turned into buckets to store lava, they're kept at the bottom of the dome. :detective:

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-15, 09:14 AM
That's a lot of buckets. 170, in fact. I think it's safe to say we don't need any more, so please, nobody make any more buckets.

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-15, 10:07 AM
Thanks to the magic of power runes, I've mined about half the dome floor for the next layer. I also moved a few more chests to the storage warehouse.

Zain
2011-04-15, 03:52 PM
I'll admit to creating most of the buckets used under the dome, I was preparing for the floor patterning. I do apologize, the choice to make that many was made with only 3 hours sleep for 2 days.

Either way, I am sorry for wasting the Iron

nosignal
2011-04-15, 07:29 PM
It's not such a big deal, we'll have tons of iron long before the dome is finished.

Iskandar
2011-04-15, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I never was really concerned on what you did with as much as confused where 700 iron ingots could go. The dome generates a surplus of iron, so any used will end up being replaced sooner or later, and likely sooner than later.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-15, 10:01 PM
The server has a missing chunk in the dome, where the teleporter and most of the chests are.

Iskandar
2011-04-15, 10:22 PM
Fixed it, server is being backed up and rebooted now

Iskandar
2011-04-16, 12:27 AM
Platform moved down to its final resting place at layer 45. Removing the old platform taught me something, stairs and cobble area pain to remove when the time comes. Thus a new rule in the dome:

All stairs are to be built out of half blocks, supported by dirt. Easy to place, easy to remove. Thanks.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-16, 08:04 AM
Industrialcraft would be an awesome mod.

Iskandar
2011-04-16, 09:16 AM
Seen that. Not Bukkit compatible, and multiplayer is very buggy at this point, anyway. I'm keeping an eye on it.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-16, 09:21 AM
Oh, okay. We should get it once it is though.

The Shadowmind
2011-04-16, 10:05 AM
Logged in, feel due to the stairs being moved. Found a cave at the teleporter hub, just below the farm teleporter. Fell in lava there, lost diamond pick and shovel. Checked on Mountain temple. Got lost near Mountain Temple. Wandered North for a long time, found huge area that was flattened with a teleported built there, not sure if it works. Wandered to end of flattened area, see a ball of light in the distance. Ball of light is the glowstone sphere of home.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-16, 10:15 AM
That place, did you activate the waypoint? I think it might be mine, it's pretty near the dome (ish)

Iskandar
2011-04-16, 11:43 AM
No, that large flattened area belongs to Koury. He had me move it from the old server, and then never came back.

The waypoint might be active, but it is not part of the Hall.

Zain
2011-04-16, 01:56 PM
Is there any chance we could get a sever map soon? It would be neat to where all the projects are in relationship to each other

Koury
2011-04-16, 02:54 PM
I'm still around, I'm just in the process of moving between states and haven't had much time for Minecraft. I'd love to get time to work on the project I have there though.

nosignal
2011-04-16, 02:59 PM
Server's down.

Iskandar
2011-04-16, 03:35 PM
Server's down.

PM Domochevsky when that happens, or check the mumble server.

Speaking of which...

Domochevsky
2011-04-16, 05:47 PM
PM Domochevsky when that happens, or check the mumble server.

Speaking of which...

...the hell.

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007ff3186663ec, pid=5837, tid=1103276368
#
# JRE version: 6.0_22-b04
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (17.1-b03 mixed mode linux-amd64 )
# Problematic frame:
# J net.minecraft.server.World.i()V
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

That one's new too. :smallconfused:

Server restarted.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-16, 05:49 PM
Also, how does a run-through of the 4 towers adventure map (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=84304) sound to everybody? We could temporarily change the server map to it, and I think it would be a fun diversion.

Zain
2011-04-16, 07:47 PM
When would we do said run? although I would support doing one, it looks like fun.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-16, 08:09 PM
I'd say we should do the run sometime. And have /tp turned on for at least one person (Like me!). I'll be able to get on anytime today or most of tomorrow.

Domochevsky
2011-04-16, 08:10 PM
4 Tower Adventure Run... hm, i'd be in favor of that. :smallsmile:

Question is: Does that work with multiple players in a server environment?

Dragon Elite
2011-04-16, 08:17 PM
Well. last time I played it, it was insanely hard and I always had a full inventory, so 4-5 people might not be a bad thing. The first time you get swords, you get ~6.

Seems like it should work.

Iskandar
2011-04-16, 09:29 PM
I have no objections

Zain
2011-04-16, 09:30 PM
I might not be able to make it, I do have a fair bit of homework piling up.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-16, 09:34 PM
I might not be able to make it, I do have a fair bit of homework piling up.

Awww. That's sad. You could just drop by for around 30 minutes (or less!) if you want to.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-17, 01:43 PM
So, anyone else free today? We could set up the adventure map today. It would make a great episode for Iskandar's LP of the server.

Domochevsky
2011-04-17, 03:29 PM
I'm currently looking into ways to have both maps running at the same time, so we don't have to stop work on one to do an adventure map. Should be interesting if it works.

Iskandar
2011-04-18, 04:47 PM
Trivia time:
For those of you wondering what plans I am following for the dome, I am using this:
(WARNING: GIGANTIC image ahead. No really. Even behind the spoiler.)

http://i.imgur.com/DfA57.png

Each "square" is a layer of the dome, left to right, top to bottom Since this is a half sphere, I am using half of that plan, down to the two yellow squares.

The dome is about 2/3 done now. Well 3/5. Moving along.

Iskandar
2011-04-19, 10:06 AM
As a gentle reminder to those playing on my server:
Even though 1.5 is out, the server will not update until Bukkit does, which may take up to 24 hours. If you want to play on the server in the meantime, do NOT update your client to 1.5 just yet. I will announce when the server has updated, and/or you will get a message about "out of date client" when trying to connect.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 10:59 AM
I have a new project:

A war base.

This means tanks, mechas, missile silos, and other warmachines.

I updated minecraft, but when the server updates, anyone want to help?

Domochevsky
2011-04-19, 12:30 PM
That depends on your plans, but i could be persuaded to get into that. But first thing i'll do once the server updates is find a place with lots of snow or rain and get building again. :smallbiggrin:

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 12:32 PM
Alright, domo, I could help you with that, it sounds fun.

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-19, 12:33 PM
I'm betting Frozen Islands is going to have loads of snow. I'll be curious to see how that interacts with constructed objects.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 12:38 PM
I'm betting Frozen Islands is going to have loads of snow. I'll be curious to see how that interacts with constructed objects.

It probably just covers all of my skylights. :smallsigh:

Domochevsky
2011-04-19, 02:09 PM
It probably just covers all of my skylights. :smallsigh:

Wasn't glass always excepted from snow?
(Also, if the mc wiki is currently to be believed, glass doesn't actually stop rain/snow right now, instead going through it.)

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 05:37 PM
Wasn't glass always excepted from snow?
(Also, if the mc wiki is currently to be believed, glass doesn't actually stop rain/snow right now, instead going through it.)

You're right, I just tested it. Also, screenshots of my tank(in SSP, using hacks and a flat map):

Front-Side view
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc369/Julian_Zucker/Picture1.png

Back View:
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc369/Julian_Zucker/Picture2.png

Inside:
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc369/Julian_Zucker/Picture3-1.png

One of the 4 small jail cells:
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc369/Julian_Zucker/Picture4-1.png

The save is here. (http://www.mediafire.com/?g6lg52fv1gy9v23)

Iskandar
2011-04-20, 11:09 AM
Alright, with bukkit still un-updated, I am going to have Domo bring the server back up under vanilla Minecraft 1.5_02. This will mean no Runecraft for the moment. However, it will mean we have the srver back up today instead of sometime next week,

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-20, 11:15 AM
Glad I logged off at the dome, in that case. Been doing a fair bit of running around.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-20, 11:16 AM
Alright, I'm getting the connection lost: End of Stream error and the Connection reset error. Halp?

Iskandar
2011-04-20, 12:06 PM
That is because the server is yet to be updated.

I'm waiting on Domo at this point. As soon as he gets my message, I imagine the server will be back up shortly thereafter, if all goes well.

Domochevsky
2011-04-20, 12:31 PM
Ok, the server is now running again at 1.5_02 without bukkit (and subsequently without runecraft).

Apparently the bukkit guys (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/when-will-bukkit-be-updated-for-minecraft-1-5.13701/) decided not to develop for this version yet, due to various bugs and updates soon to come. Interesting.

Iskandar
2011-04-20, 01:07 PM
Ok, there is a way out of the dome with teleports down. I opened the west wall of the dome to a cave system that will take you out. It isn't exactly the most intuitive way to get out, but it will work.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-20, 11:52 PM
Just got all the achievements. Only played for 1 hour, too.

factotum
2011-04-21, 01:43 AM
Just got all the achievements. Only played for 1 hour, too.

How did you manage to build a kilometre of minecraft track in an hour? Or did you already have an extensive track system you could use? :smallconfused:

Dragon Elite
2011-04-21, 01:49 AM
How did you manage to build a kilometre of minecart track in an hour? Or did you already have an extensive track system you could use? :smallconfused:

Oh, I have subways everywhere. Including some new powered rails for "push button for cart" stations.

Iskandar
2011-04-21, 09:21 AM
Looks like bukkit is about ready for 1.5_02, however that is mostly irrelevent since runecraft still has not updated yet.

Hopefully some time today, otherwise we probably won't get it back until after the Easter weekend.

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-21, 10:02 AM
In the meantime, I've made a better exit for the Dome. If you follow the signs, it leads up to a little cobblestone structure directly under the giant cobblestone beacon.

For anyone who might need it.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-21, 10:03 AM
This is why we should have a back-up system of warps, but only allowing them used when runecraft isn't up.

Domochevsky
2011-04-21, 11:02 AM
Wouldn't mean much, since that would just be another mod to be put into bukkit that'd have to be updated on each update.

Keeping the total amounts of mods to a absolute minimum keeps our recovery times low per update. :smallwink:
(But i really wish Notch wouldn't use these useless obsfucation techniques... mod development would go much smoother without that.)

Iskandar
2011-04-21, 11:47 AM
Ok, we have a 1.5_02 version of bukkit now, but still no 1.5_02 version of runecraft.

And yeah, no back up system would work very well. Any time Minecraft updates, anything mod based would break anyway. Normally, I would simply hold off on updating the server, but since the lag time was greater the a day I decided to bring us back up to date without any mods.

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-21, 02:19 PM
Wouldn't it have been easier to keep everything on 1.4 until all the mods and stuff got updated? :smallconfused:

Iskandar
2011-04-21, 03:01 PM
Yes, it would have, if 90% of the player base had not updated their clients to 1.5. At that point, just so I wouldn't be completely by myself I had Domo go ahead and upgrade the server.

3SecondCultist
2011-04-22, 09:23 AM
This looks like a really cool Let's Play you've got going on here. If it were possible, I would like to try my hand at this, that is if you are not already full up. :smallsmile:

Dragon Elite
2011-04-22, 09:57 AM
I am beginning construction of the subway system the goes everywhere. Any assistants can help by finding clay, turning it into bricks, and bringing it to spawn. We're going to make a brick and glass subway exit. Everywhere eelse will be underground.

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-22, 10:44 AM
just mind the underground workings people may have put in place already. Where might the subway buiding thing go up?

3SecondCultist
2011-04-22, 10:55 AM
Umm so I have Mumble now. What is the name of the server?

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-22, 11:20 AM
Send Iskandar or Domochevsky a message. They can let you on. Our rules are simple:

rule 1: Play nice
Rule 2: no griefers
Rule 3: creepers are meaniefaces.

:smalltongue:

Domochevsky
2011-04-22, 11:40 AM
The mumble address is 209.239.114.150. Get on there and we work everything else out. :smallsmile:

Dragon Elite
2011-04-22, 01:21 PM
And the mumble port is 2062. Also, the subway runs parallel to the emergency exit.

Iskandar
2011-04-23, 12:31 AM
Ok, I've tried to be fairly relaxed when it comes about things in the chest in the dome. Take what you need and all that. That said:

Someone took the gold blocks, diamond block, and iron blocks for the chrono trigger rune. Please return them.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-23, 12:32 AM
Someone took all the iron, actually. About 3 hours ago. Has that been fixed?

nosignal
2011-04-23, 01:01 AM
Ok, I've tried to be fairly relaxed when it comes about things in the chest in the dome. Take what you need and all that. That said:

Someone took the gold blocks, diamond block, and iron blocks for the chrono trigger rune. Please return them.

I reclaimed the gold blocks when I realized someone had taken the diamond block. All the iron has also been taken, yes.

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-23, 08:52 AM
Who took the iron? It's not a very big list of people what can get on the server, since we've got a whitelist and all.

Destro_Yersul
2011-04-24, 10:47 AM
My apologies for the double post, but nobody had replied, and I have news.

The dome subway has been improved so that it is no longer necessary to push the minecart to give it a start. Each end now has 2 booster rails and a lever. Put the minecart on the unpowered rails, pull the lever, and off you go. It no longer loops around, either.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-24, 11:04 AM
Thanks Destro!

Zain
2011-04-24, 01:26 PM
Just posting to report that the new subway system works great, and we have a new member on the Sever, In-game name: etrim

Good job on the subway guys.

Iskandar
2011-04-24, 02:34 PM
Iron and diamonds appear to have been returned. Also, a screenshot for you.

Occasionally, chunk loading problems can be awesome:

http://i.imgur.com/4qPlK.png

nosignal
2011-04-24, 07:14 PM
Hey, now. I'd recognize that chunk loading problem anywhere.

3SecondCultist
2011-04-25, 10:11 AM
Well, I gave up all the iron I had harvested/traded with other people on the server. That should have been 78 iron blocks in the dome as of yesterday.

Domochevsky
2011-04-25, 10:22 AM
Unrelated: I updated Bukkit and Runecraft to their latest experimental builds, and so far they seem to work fine for the basics. (teleporters and powertools)

So we are now working with power again. :smallsmile:

Also: Added a few new teleporters to the hall of transportation and started to extend it in the same go to have two lanes instead of one really long one.

There are in addition to that a few teleporters without signs. Would be nice if those could be added by whoever set those there.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-25, 10:29 AM
Unrelated: I updated Bukkit and Runecraft to their latest experimental builds, and so far they seem to work fine for the basics. (teleporters and powertools)

So we are now working with power again. :smallsmile:

Also: Added a few new teleporters to the hall of transportation and started to extend it in the same go to have two lanes instead of one really long one.

There are in addition to that a few teleporters without signs. Would be nice if those could be added by whoever set those there.

YES. That will help a lot.

EDIT: I just died when using the recall, I was at the skele trap (thanks whoever made that), and so I have lost 2 stacks of bones and 2 stacks of arrows. If someone could get those back, that would be great.

nosignal
2011-04-26, 09:36 PM
Runecraft 2.6 out in stores now! (http://llama.cerberusstudios.net/runecraft/)