PDA

View Full Version : And so they rise again... (IC)

Fable Wright
2011-02-27, 07:52 PM
OOC LINK (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189032)

{table=head] Character name | Class | Alignment | Race | Player
Searos Arroway (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275552) | Incarnate/Cloistered Cleric | LN | Incarnate | Bindin Garoth
Tucker (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275643)| Warlock | CG | Halfling | RaggedAngel
Helki (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275726)| Ranger | TN | Human | GamblerJoe
Mickey (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275737) | Wolverine-totem Barbarian | CG | Human | Cleavon[/table]

The air is humid and damp. The treacherous mud under your boots is proving a downright tricky foe, moreso than the vast majority of monsters you ever fought. With each step sloshing through the knee-high water above it, landing in the swirling, sticky silt at the bottom of it, which has proven to be entirely uneven, with slippery rocks at the bottom causing every other step to slip a bit, and when you regain your footing, water and god knows what else filters in through the top, no matter how sealed it was. You had lost your boot at least three times in the last hour to the mud alone, and the willow roots, unseen at the bottom and as twisted as a devil's contract, have tripped you up dozens of times, submerging you into the fetid swamp itself, causing you to reek of decaying animals almost as much as it did. Of course, some light may have helped avoiding the roots, but between the monotonous grey clouds drifting above and the, albeit sparse, canopy above, there's barely enough to go around. The little light that does get through is often cast into twisted shapes with the claw-like shadows from the willows around you, setting your nerves on fire given the nature of why you're here. To top it all off, it was raining. Well, in a fashion. None came from the sky; it was just the infuriating drop of foul liquid from the leaves at the top of the trees, falling down on you from above, and smelling much as the swamp did. To top it off, there were the nearly hourly attacks by stirges and the swarms of mosquitoes hovering over the surface of the brackish water. But, the journey was at last at an end-the town of Willowshire was just up ahead. Reinvigorated, you rush ahead, tripping over yourself in the marsh to get into the town-

-and you see the worst-looking town you have ever seen staring back. There was barely any reprieve of the marsh outside in the town- while the streets weren't quite underwater, they were covered in foul waste of a questionable origin. The town smelled even worse than the bog around it- a feat in of itself. Pretty much all small towns, be it a run-down thorp or hamlet, or just a poor neighborhood, at least took some pride in their town- Willowshire just looked as if it had given up. Run-down buildings made of ill-fitting willow branches lean up against the pile of logs that served as the wall of the town- it looked as if they would just fall over at the slightest push. A couple of buildings, looking better than the rest of the town, though not by much, dot the enclosure. They had signs hanging outside them, but whatever message they proclaimed had long-since faded away. In the unpaved streets, a man missing one eye, covered in patches mud and fungus looks at you, and hurries off to the other side of the street, going into what looked like a small pile of leaves which appeared to be his shelter. The other few folks on the road take no notice of you, and just hurry out on their business. Well, this was it- Willowshire. You were told that it was a backwater town, but that doesn't even begin to describe the conditions here. One building had some writing on the outside that stubbornly refused to go away, though the elements had put up a fight. "Welcome to Willowshyre. Enjoy yer stay!" proclaim the faded letters. Well, here you were- Willowshire, the town you swore to save- the one who doesn't itself think that it has a chance. The sun, on the distant horizon, seems to begin to rapidly fade away- if the stories were true, then the dead would shamble out soon and begin their unlively assault. What could they possibly want with this town? Seeing it, there's not much they could want- there was more active life in the swamp than in the town, and there was nothing to claim here. But, that was a question for later. Right now, the first thing you need is a bath- though, given the state of the town, it's unlikely that you'll coming out smelling any cleaner than when you went in.

bindin garoth
2011-02-28, 06:17 AM
Man, look at this town! Things must be getting really bad for it to end up like this. Searos said as he almost trips over yet another root, catching himself at the last minute. Stupid roots! I've been out in the wilds before, but never had this much problems with mud and roots!

Gamblerjoe
2011-02-28, 11:24 AM
Helki

What a town. Are these people trying to ward of the undead, or invite them in? Who cares. What's it to me if these people wouldn't have lasted two days on the fringe. I'm here to help in exchange for information; information I am willing to do anything for. If I have to, I will destroy every last walking dead in these lands by biting and head butting them.

Helki shambles along, the starlight outlining his hooded silhouette and bow. His arrows haven't gotten much use in these woods. There doesn't seem to be any game for miles, and even if there is, waking up just before dusk makes it difficult to hunt. For the last few days, he has lived off some disgusting rations he purchased at a trading post, and they've been playing hell with his digestive system.

"Evening sir-*sigh*"

"Pardon m-*grumble*"

"Madam... Well, this is useless. If these people want me to protect them and their dung heap, I'm going to need to find their orc-brained leader."

The wet angry woodsman continues sloshing around "town" looking for whatever functions as their municipal center.

Cleavon
2011-02-28, 11:25 AM
Mickey

Hearing Searos complain for what seemed like the millionth time, Mickey shook his head and kept plodding along. He had expected such belly aching from the small one, but the other softy always surprised him. He glanced around the murky bog for a bit and then shrugged.

"Keep on bahs, towns roit ahed by my notice. Looks to be as shoit as the bahg we've been sloggin though by reckonin'"

As they pulled themselves out of the deeper bog, and into the bog that was the tow of Willowshire, Mickey shook his head as he looked around slowly.

"So I gotta ask bahs, ooz great idea was this'n eh?"

Gamblerjoe
2011-02-28, 02:30 PM
Helki

"What do you mean Mickey? Doesn't this place remind you of home?"

The party continues into Willowshire, receiving their warm welcome from the locals.

"*Grunt*, this is the kind of place where druids are assigned warden duty as a punishment. The people are just charming the boots off me though."

Seraphiel
2011-03-04, 03:42 PM
How can people live in this squalor? Surely something could be done, despite the marsh.., Serah said as she entered what passed for a town.

She watched as Helki futilely tried to speak to the townsfolk who were hurriedly shuffling about the dreary town, before heading towards the only building with a sign that was still legible. If only barely.

"Perhaps I can get some information here."

RaggedAngel
2011-03-06, 11:24 AM
After the voyage through the swamp, Tucker was about as miserable as he had ever been. In the six years since he had left his home behind on a journey to do as much good as he could in the world, he had encountered a rather large number of horrible evils and vile monsters. This was the first time, however, that he had seriously contemplated using his vile of holy water to bathe with.

"I don't know about the rest of you fine folk," He said, while nimbly following Serah towards the one remaining beacon of literacy in the town, "but I'm beginning to look forward to a zombie attack, if just because it will give me something to think about other than how much I itch and how bad we all smell."

Tucker took the opportunity to scratch one of the various marks on his arms; apparently mosquitoes loved halfling blood, though he had thankfully managed to avoid any skirges. "That reminds me; we need to get some food. I hate to be the one to bring it up, and all, but I wouldn't want to be around Mickey if he skips too many meals." He gestures at himself with a wink. "I'm bite-sized, you see."

Cleavon
2011-03-06, 12:19 PM
Mickey

Glancing over at the halfling a wide grin spread across his lips. He tightened the spiked gauntlets graving his hands and forearms and then crossed his scarred up arms over his chest. Obviously the man cared little if he got scraped or cut by the viscous weaponry.

"I dunno ow 'afling cooks but ah'd be willin' to try anythin' unce or tice."

He gave Tucker a wide grin from his not so well taken care of teeth and then turned to Helki shrugging a bit to the woodsy fellow.

"Guessin' we should stay wit the little un and the others, no tellin' uht moit try an make aff wit em wit out uz round."

RaggedAngel
2011-03-06, 01:25 PM
Tucker grins back at the much, much larger man. "You know, I'd be far more concerned about the zombies if you weren't around, Mickey. Just think; as it stands, they'll all get full to bursting trying to eat all of you."

Tucker fiddles with the numerous small scrollcases and potion vials strapped to him as he walks. Currently he is twirling one of the wands at his belt deftly, while his eyes wander across the town. Tucker is usually playful and lighthearted; however, the atmosphere has clearly made him more cautious than is usual.

Fable Wright
2011-03-06, 04:04 PM
As you wander into the largest building in town, the only one with writing on it, you discover that it's... a small, grungy tavern. The ceiling, though larger than most of the rest of the town's, sags down in the center of the tavern, dripping water. The patrons of the bar sit alone, mostly silent, drinking their ale on dilapidated tables in depressing silence. The air is filled with the smell of decomposing wood, mold, rain, and horsepiss. The ale doesn't smell to much better. The walls are mostly bare, but a few of them have faded pictures on them. At the far end of the tavern is the only sign of mobile life, the barkeep, fighting against entropy on the bar in front of him. It seems mildly in better shape than the rest of the tavern, which isn't saying much, but the top of the bar is clean enough to consider putting a plate on it. He looks up from his polishing rag, and smiles a bemused grin, showing off some of his yellowing teeth. Hey, now. Travelers in town. Haven't been any like you here in at least 15 years. What can I do ya for?

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-06, 04:53 PM
Helki
diplomacy[roll0]
"Good evening sir, we are composing a codex of all the most exemplary hamlets and thorpes of the land. This place really stands out to us as a great place to raise a family. Judging by the casks of ale, and the smell of rotting carcasses, this is clearly your town hall." Helki looks around the tavern for the lowliest, drunkest looking patron and points at him. "That would be your mayor I presume... might we have a word with him?"

RaggedAngel
2011-03-06, 05:06 PM
Tucker hops up onto a bar stool; he's found that humans take him more seriously when he's addressing them from their height. "We're here to help you with your undead problem, sir. However, we have not a clue as to how to locate the leader of your town. As this was the only marked building we could find, we decided to come here first."

Tucker looks around for a moment. "Ah, and sir, could I purchase some ale? I would assume the alcohol would kill anything in the water, and I've seen nothing but bog water for a while now." He taps a small purse hidden in his vest, and it jingles.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Cleavon
2011-03-06, 05:25 PM
Mickey

As they filtered into the so called tavern Mickeys nose crinkled up and he shook his head. He tried to stay silent, but after hearing Helki, and then the little halfling he could hardly contain his amusement, which was rather strange for the normally angry, dour human.

"Didn' you ear Tuck? 'elki there already sussed im out. The one wit da stains down his front and one eye shut!"

He sat down at the bar and slammed his fist down on it, looking up to the bartender and giving him a toothy grin.

"Roit yeh silly bastahd. Get me a mug o tha 'orsepiss you're slingin' an quick. Least you kin do fer yer saviors comin' to yer rescue eh?"

Seraphiel
2011-03-06, 11:19 PM
Serah walks up to the bar and sits down beside Tucker, before turning to the barkeep. "How about a glass of your best wine, I could use a little something after the hike through marsh." She tosses a coin down on the bar, and and waits for her glass.

"Ah, and another thing. Perhaps get the boy a glass of milk." She winks at Tucker and takes a sip of wine, before looking around the musty tavern.
Rolls!
Diplomacy [roll0]
Spot! [roll1]

Hope there's something interesting to see. XD

bindin garoth
2011-03-07, 08:22 AM
Prefect! I'll have some rum myself. It'd be better than the water here that's for sure. Searos says before placing a coin on the counter. As he takes a big gulp from his mug, he grins and says Definitely better then water... Sooooo, bout how long have you had these undead problems? Any peticular area or direction they come from? Any chance it's a necromancer? he asks with a sudden serious look on his face, thinking it could be related to his past in some way.

Fable Wright
2011-03-07, 07:03 PM
The bartender, at Helki's rambling, replies, Sure, sure, you two delusional folk go on over there an' chat while the rest of us have a drink. I don't mind. He fills up a tankard with off-color ale with small bits of Olidammara-knows-what in it, and passes it over to Tucker, quickly followed by a mug of a viscous, white substance that smells rather sour. Drink up before the bugs do. After that, he takes out a small wooden cask, about the size of the normal mugs, with sticky molasses leaking out the seams, pops off the top, and clunks it down in front of Searos, who, after a sip, can tell that, while probably healthier, it certainly did not taste better than the water. At Serah's request, he takes a small vial out from under the bar, pops the lid off, and hands it to her. This is the only bottle of wine I got here for the last twenty years. It's probably okay. Surprisingly, it is not too bad; it's only a little sour. Finally, with a small grin on his face, the bartender walks out the back door, and returns a few seconds later with a fresh, frothing, yellow-brown drink, and hands it over to Mickey. Fresh horse-piss. Best I have right now, too. He turns to the whole group, and says, So, you're the adventurers who're takin' care of the undead problem? You'll probably want to talk to Dran; he's the one who put out the ad. I dunno where he is right now, though, he seems to just pop up a few minutes after someone needs him. Turning to Searos, he says, I dunno much about undead. The only thing I know is that they ain't natural. We never seen nobody out there with them, if that helps. They just come from nowhere, on all sides... it ain't natural.

@Serapiel:
You see a man in the corner, covered by a green hooded cloak, so that only his face is visible, staring at you. Not blinking, not glancing away, or between the people there... just a dead fisheye expression in your direction that somehow expresses him paying attention to you... it's rather unnerving.

RaggedAngel
2011-03-07, 10:35 PM
Tucker carefully drinks his beverage. Halflings, while not light drinkers, per se, are a good deal smaller than the average humanoid, and Tucker had to be careful least he end up sick and on the floor. His people were naturally lucky, but he was pushing it enough already. No need to test Lady Fate more than he had too.

"I thank you kindly for the information, sir. I look forward to making you all safe." He takes out a wand and twirls it a bit. "About how many attackers do you all get, on average? Just out of curiosity." He tosses the wand up in the air and places it back in its holster with a single smooth motion.

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-08, 03:06 PM
Helki

Helki looks at all of the drinks, then gives his waterskin a shake. *grunt* He's going to need to fill it with something, and its sure not going to be the bog water. Of all the drinks, the ale on tap seems the most drinkable.

He scowls at the barkeep and orders a mug of ale. "Alright, gimme a mug of that stuff." He throws down a silver piece, assuming it to be vast overpayment, but not expecting change. After receiving his mug, he takes a sip, and shivers a bit. "Yup...I can drink this." he pours whatever will fit into his waterskin, and takes another sip of whats left in his mug.

Looking down at his mostly empty mug, Helki takes a finger and collects some of the head and mystery chunks. He holds his finger up and says "This must be how you attract so many troubadours and road scholars." Then he wipes it on his tongue and shrugs.

Cleavon
2011-03-09, 09:23 AM
Mickey

Watching the bartenders movements he sneered and planted his forearms on the bar, making some fresh marks in that rather sparsely polished bar top. He managed a grin when the man described the unnatural spawning of the undead around their camp, their hordes coming from all sides. That was something Mickey could get right in front of.

Taking the tankard he shook his head and looked at the frothy, and most likely genuine drink, before turning it tot he side and pouring it out, the nasty stuff dribbling through the floor boards to seep into the dank soil underneath. He tossed the tankard haphazardly back onto the bar and pointed at the bar tender, that grin still stuck to his face.

"Yeh jus worry bout findin' uz sometin edible and drink tha don make meh any more blind 'n I already am. As far as tha dead? I ony need ta know one thing...where...dey...are..."

bindin garoth
2011-03-09, 09:54 AM
Searos almost spits the rum back out as soon as he takes a sip. Clearly not better than water. Still, better than nothing he decides as he pours it into his waterskin for later, having lost his thirst with that one sip. How do they live like this, he wonders.
So about how many of em come and attack you all? Any idea? And does their attack keep on ccoming all night or what? Searos asks.

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-09, 05:10 PM
Helki

A little less edgy after half a mug of ale, and assuming the party's business is done here, Helki does the closest thing he can to thanking the barkeep and keeps his mouth shut. He heads outside, paces around and scopes out the other buildings on this road. He doesn't leave the general area... in the wild, Helki insists on leading from the front, but in towns, even modest ones, he feels a little uncomfortable and prefers to blend in with the pack; even after all these years of city dwelling.

Seraphiel
2011-03-09, 07:51 PM
Serah sipped her wine, and kept an eye on the man in the green cloak. It was obvious that he was watching her for some reason. "Hey, Mickey, come here for a moment." She positioned herself so that the barbarian was between herself ant the cloaked man. As she though, he changed seats so he could continue watching her. She'd have to be careful with him around.

Turning to the bartender, she asked him "So, these undead. Do they seem to be directed towards something when they enter the town, or do they just wonder about aimlessly? This could help us figure out whether or not they're being controlled by someone."

She took notice of Helki leaving the tavern before facing the bartender to hear his reply.
Not really sure if this is applicable, but I figured I'd throw another diplomacy at the bartender, and a sense motive at both him and the cloaked man.

Bartender
Diplomacy [roll0]
Sense Motive [roll1]

Cloaked Man
Sense Motive [roll2]

Edit: Man, I love my rolls. XD

Cleavon
2011-03-12, 08:46 AM
Mickey

Turning his attention from the bartender to Serah, he pushed off the bar with a sneer and walked over to lean against it near the woman. He blinked down at her and when she seemed be preoccupied, he turned and leaned the small of his back against the bar and crossed his arms over his chest, his spiked gauntlets not really damaging him, his skin was tough enough to be used to the points gracing his forearms.

"Yeh be needin somethin lass or did yeh jus wan stare at meh fer a minnit?"

He smirked at her, which she would probably take as jovial for the eternally angry gentleman. As he looked about he noticed the man that Serah had been looking at, but didn't put two and two together about his staring at her...he had other things on his mind. Like destroying a flock of undead so he could go somewhere where he could at least get a good meal and strong drink.

bindin garoth
2011-03-12, 09:54 AM
"Ah, I'm gonna go take a walk around. Can't stand being inside for long periods of time. I think I'll just scan right outside of the town, I'm gonna keep an eye out for when they come. If I don't find anything in say, an hour or so I'll come back ok?" Searos says as he heads out towards the door,finding it slightly suspicious that so many undead are heading to a run down town such as this. He decides to keep an eye out for anything suspicious or anything they could be after while walking around.

Note: I detect all undead within 60ft of me from my soulmeld.
Spot check to notice anything unusual: [roll0]
Listen checks to notice anything unusual or anything following me: [roll1]
edit: nevermind. Great rolls :smallbiggrin:

Fable Wright
2011-03-17, 04:25 PM
The bartender sets down the mug he was polishing as he heard you all speak, and looks at you with a grave face. The undead? They come in fast and hard, all at once, from all sides in the swamp and the grove. They charge the town, and seem to be trying to get into the town center. One of the ghouls got in once, and it caused a nightmare, attacking everyone it saw. I know you came here to help out, but you might want to reconsider... things get really gritty, and we don't want you all dying on our accord. He looks genuinely worried.

Seraphiel:
You have a hunch that the bartender had something happen related to the undead... though you don't know what. Also, the cloaked man doesn't shift to watch you. He just keeps staring at the group.

Bindin Garoth:
As you leave, you don't really see anything wrong... but for some reason, some of the villagers keep on staring at you as you exit the place, their eyes following you when you shift.

RaggedAngel
2011-03-17, 05:54 PM
Tucker smiles a bit, and it looks much more natural on him than any grim visage. He holds out his hand and stares at it for a moment. A minuscule bit of power begins to leak out, only visible as tiny motes of energy that quickly wink out a few inches above his hand. The air above his hand shimmers a bit, but it is otherwise a very subtle effect; he isn't trying to put on a show or intimidate anyone. "We may not get through without a scratch, but I think we'll be fine. These are all tough people, and I'm decent in a fight myself. What's more, I'm feeling pretty motivated to help you people. You're good people. I can tell. And you don't deserve the horrible things that have happened to you."

Tucker drops his hand and looks at the bartender with honest eyes. "What's at the center of town? Is there any important building or site at the center, or near there? If we actually need to be guarding something instead of just holding the perimeter, we need to know what it is."

Cleavon
2011-03-17, 08:09 PM
Mickey

The rough and tumble man looked at the cleric next to him and then his eyes spied the swirl of power int he palm of the halfling, staying where he saw at the bar. If the cleric wanted him nearby, who was he to argue? He leaned over though, most likely encroaching on Serahs personal space as he spoke to the bartender and Tucker.

"Like I sed befur lads, yeh jes point dem bastahds ouh to 'Elki and mehself and we'll set to pummelin'. Tha wee un there can andle imself..and girly here takes care o us. we'll save all yer precious mud and save this entire ****ehole of a town by reockonin"

Leaning back he seemed rather happy with his assessment of the situation, drumming his fingers on his stomach as he leaned back next to Serah and watched the bar around him.

bindin garoth
2011-03-18, 11:21 AM
As Searos walks out of the tavern, the few people in the middle of the street turn and look at him. Slightly unnerved by this, he decided to ignore them and go ahead and scout the area. As he walks around, he notices more and more people looking at him, no matter where he goes. After getting lost twice, he finally makes it back to the tavern, half an hour later than expected, with quite a bit of anger built up from the mud, the people, and getting lost. He notices people are still looking at him and sends a glare with his icey cold blue eye before walking in, pulling out a chair quite forcefully, and sits down before anyone can say anything to him. After taking a second to cool off, he asks the bartender in a forceful tone "What's so special about this town? Anything different? Or a legend or in its past?"

Sense motive to tell if he's hiding anything [roll0]
Knowledge(religion) (off chance there's something to know about this place :smalltongue:) [roll1]
and just for fun, since searos can be a hot head and is hating the stares, intimidate with that glare :smalltongue: [roll2]
edit: well, those rolls are worthless, and of course the intimidate is a good roll :smallfrown:

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-18, 04:25 PM
Helki

After standing around for what seemed like an hour, Helki watches as Searos wanders aimlessly around town and returns to the tavern. Slightly confused, he decides to start moving toward the town center. As much as being alone in town makes him feel like a fish out of water, Helki wants to talk to the mayor before the walking dead show up.

Helki hopes the town center is where the municipal building or constabulary can be found. He keeps an eye out for any signs written in common, though he can speak orcish as well.

Spot: [roll0]

Fable Wright
2011-03-22, 04:12 PM
The bartender looks quizzically at all of you. Does this town look like anything special? There's nothing here. The center of town is that space right next to the well over there, completely empty. Nothing's ever happened here, until now, and we damn well don't know why. The bartender looks agitated. If we knew why they were here, we might be able to do something about them. But it's a complete mystery. They just started attacking one day, out of the blue, about the time Old Yeezbank went over the bend. If ye find anything, bless you, but it's not likely tha' you will. He stops and thinks for a moment, and begins to say something, before he is interrupted by a scratching sound, like nails on wood. scritch, scritch He looks at you, and says, They're here. scritch, scritch Go now. Time to shine, heroes. scritch, scri--- Thunk shhk shhk crkle crkle cr- Oh, gods. RUN!!!
Gamblerjoe
You see... nothing. No sign of a municipal building, or anything aside from a shop or a dwelling.

And, as you turn to look at the noise... you see a giant mass of rotting flesh, black and rancid, with raw, bloody strips of torn meat hanging off the sides of what looks like a giant's intestines, with a large, gaping maw filled with bloody teeth, rocks, broken glass, all sticking out in a gauntlet of sharp, disease-ridden filthy garbage make you ill just looking at it. One of the sores on it's body bursts, releasing the acrid spell of pus into the air. A deluge of black liquid pours from the maw, and it begins to slither towards you...

RaggedAngel
2011-03-22, 04:41 PM
Tucker (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275643)
Male Chaotic Good Halfling Warlock, Level 5, Init +4, HP 28/28, DR 1/Cold Iron, Speed 20ft.
AC 24, Touch 15, Flat-footed 20, Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 3
Eldritch Blast +9 (3d6, x2)
Masterwork Dagger +3/+10 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
+1 Mithral Chain Shirt, Shield (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +4 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 16
Condition See The Unseen (Darkvision + See Invisibility)

Laughing, Tucker begins to move as soon as he hears the first warning from the bartender. The undead had come sooner than expected, and that was perfectly fine with him.

As he rushs out the door, he calls to his companions. "Time to move, big guys." He reaches to his belt and whips out a wand as he moves; it's inscribed with a silvery pattern and has the word "Shield" written on it in ink. He pauses outside the door, concentrates, and taps himself on the arm with the wand. There is a faint blur as a mostly invisible shield forms before him.

Single move action out the door, then use a charge from my Wand of Shield. Take 10 on Use Magic Device for a result of 21.

Listen: [roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-22, 09:00 PM
Helki the Misanthropic Woodsman (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275726)
M TN Human Ranger, Level 5, Init +2, HP 41/41, Speed 30
AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +3, Base Attack Bonus 5
mwk battleaxe // mwk morningstar +10 -or- +9//+8 (1d8+4//1d8+2, x3//x2)
mwk comp (4) longbow +8 (1d8+4, x3)
+1 chain shirt, +1 buckler (+5 Armor, +3 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 6
Condition None
Animal Companion

Jasper (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=276265)
N Wolf Animal Companion, Level EDL = 2, Init +2, HP 13/13, Speed
AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 10, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus 1
Bite +3 (1d6+1, 20)
(+2 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6

As the first to lay eyes on the undead abomination, Helki's first order of business is to blow 3 short bursts his signal whistle. "MATES! THEY'RE HERE! EVERYONE, RETURN TO YOUR HOMES!" With a bow in one hand and an arrow in the other, Helki moves back to the road, quickly scans for more monstorcities, and prepares to take a shot. Jasper stays close, recoiling from the terrible beast.

Cleavon
2011-03-22, 09:18 PM
Mickey

Hearing the scratching, and the words of the bartender he turned and grinned wide, clapping his hands together in front of himself, and hopping up and down like a prize fighter getting ready to enter the ring.

Roit! Lets see dese ooglies and show yah whut we're maduv! We'll be back in a jiff lad keep the 'orse pess warm fer meh!"

With that, the mad barbarian stormed out behind Tucker, slamming his palms together in a loud clapping as he made his way out into the middle of the street, working himself up into a snarling frenzy.

Double move out of the bar and into the street. Activate Blood Frenzy, lasts 8 rounds.

Mickey (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275737) :smallfurious:
Male CG Human Wolverine Totem Barbarian, Level 5, Init +2, HP 63/63, Speed
AC 11, Touch 6, Flat-footed 9, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 5
TWF- +12/+12 +1 Spiked Gauntlets +10 (1d4+9, 20x2)
+1 Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 26, Dex 15, Con 21, Int 11, Wis 13, Cha 9
Condition Blood Frenzy Round 1/8

bindin garoth
2011-03-23, 04:09 PM
Searos

Searos, slightly surprised, takes off as soon as he hears the noses of the undead. He quickly moves outside of the building, pouring essentia into his soulmelds all the while. He pulls out a longsword made up of pure essenta, although it looks different than most weapons made up of incarnium. Instead of being light blue in color and well-made, it is of a dull dark blue, almost black in spots. And it appears very dull in parts of te blade, almost like a well-used blade that's never been sharpened. Flames seem to burst out of his cape, although like his blade, they are a very dark dull blue, although easily just as hot as a normal flame. As he chants the familiar incantation of his protecton spell, he looks around, trying to find any other possible threats to the group.

move out of the door and draw my long sword, investing 2 essentia into it and my mantle of flames. Cast protection from evil on myself, and use my necrocarnium circlet to detect all undead within 30ft.

[/B] ( Arroway[/SIZE)
M LN Azurin Incarnate 3/Cloister Cleric 2, Level 5, Init -1, HP 40/40, Speed 20ft
AC 14, Touch 8, Flat-footed 14, Fort +9, Ref +0, Will +8, Base Attack Bonus 2
2 essentia Incarnate Weapon +6 (1d8+8, 19-20/x2)
MW Mourningstar +5 (1d6+6, x2)
+1 Breastplate (+6 Armor, -1 Dex, -1 Misc)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 9, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 10
Condition Essentia 4
2 Essentia in Incarnate Weapon, 2 in Mantle of Flames
-Attacks with natural or non-reach weapons take 3d6 fire damage.
-Detect all undead within 30ft

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-23, 07:44 PM
Helki
The gray cloaked ranger is steadily back-peddling and nocking an arrow. "We got one right over here! I don't know what this thing is, but it aint no zombie!"

Seraphiel
2011-03-23, 10:54 PM
F NG Azurin Esper Knight Level 5, Init +5, HP 35/35, Speed 40
AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 20,Fort +4, Reflex +2, Will +7, Base attack bonus +5
Longsword +10 (1d8+4) +(1d6 positive energy)
+1 Mithral Chain Shirt (+6 armor, +1 dex, +1 deflection, +3 Wis) Abilities Str 16, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 12
Condition: None

"Get yourself somewhere safe, quickly!", Serah yells at the bartender before rushing towards the door after Tucker. She noticed a grin on Mickey's face as he ran out the door, which made her sigh, then smile at the man. At least someone was easy to please.

Running into the street, she drew her longsword and looked around for the commotion.

Listen: [roll1]

Fable Wright
2011-03-26, 03:15 PM
As all of you turn about to see the source of the commotion... you see a giant mass of rotting flesh, black and rancid, with raw, bloody strips of torn meat hanging off the sides of what looks like a giant's intestines, with a large, gaping maw filled with bloody teeth, rocks, broken glass, all sticking out in a gauntlet of sharp, disease-ridden filthy garbage make you ill just looking at it. One of the sores on it's body bursts, releasing the acrid spell of pus into the air. A deluge of black liquid pours from the maw, and it begins to slither towards you...

{table=head]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_|Q _|R_
1||||||M||||||M||||W|W|W|H
2||M|||||M||||M|||W|W|W|H
3|||||M|||||W|W|W|W|W|||H
4|||M|||M||W|W|W||||H|||H|H
5||||||W|W|W||H||||H|H|H|H
6||M|||W|W||||H|H|H|H|H|||
7||||~|~|W|~||||||||||
8|||M||~|~|~|~|~||||||||
9|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|\||||||||
10|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|/||||||||
11||||~|~|~|~|~|||||||||
12|M||~|~|W||~||||||||C||
13||||W|W|||||||||S|||
14|||M|W|W|H|H|H|H|||B|||||
15|M|||W|W||||H|||||R||G|
16|||M|W|W||||H||||||||
17||||W|W||||H||||||||[/table]

H= House wall
W= Town wall
~= Rubble
Z= Undead thing
M= Mook
G= Helki
S= Serah
R= Tucker
C= Mickey
B= Searos

RaggedAngel
2011-03-26, 05:37 PM
Tucker laughs as he runs into position. "Oh no! It's an enormous, slow target with no way to hit me at range! Whatever will a warlock do?" He adjusts his gloves as he lines up his shot, and then a twisting ball of eldritch power forms. He cups the energy in his right hand, and it blossoms into a fist-sized, chaotic sphere. His gloves glow rime-blue for a moment and the black and red ball shifts into deeper hues of purple and blue.

"Let's see how you like this, ugly." Tucker whips his hand forward, mimicking the throwing style he was taught as a young halfling, though the eldritch blast was not a true thrown weapon. The bolt of rime-laced power hurtles forward, slamming into the side of the horrible beast. Tucker then moves around his friends into the center of the open area, giving himself good room to blast at the creature.

Attack, with Point Blank Shot and a charge from his Gloves of Eldritch Admixture.

Attack: [roll0] vs Touch AC.

Damage: [roll1]

Move to P11.

Seraphiel
2011-03-27, 10:40 PM
Serah runs in the same direction as Tucker, not wanting to leave him off by himself. "Careful, everyone. We don't know what this... thing can do yet. Be wary." As she runs, a purple ball flies past her and strikes the beast in the side. Stopping, Serah concentrates, feeling energy flow into her, and the air seems to warp around her as she unleashes a blast of force towards the abomination.

Serah slumps a bit, the power somewhat draining. She hears a roar and takes a moment to look for her companions..

Attacking with Esper Slam

Attack Roll: [roll0] vs touch ac for
Damage: [roll1] (rounded down the strength modifier to 4 from 4.5, since I assume that's what you'd like)

Strength DC 14 or get pushed back 10'

Move to N 10

bindin garoth
2011-03-28, 05:03 PM
"Commencing attack!" Searos says as releases a pulse of divine energy. Time itself seems slightly slowed around him for just a moment, his muscles tensed up and ready to spring. His eyes dilate a bit, and quickly look over his opponent, scanning him for any weaknesses or openings. He surges forward in a sudden burst of speed, and takes a mighty swing at his foe.

Charge to J11, activate Law devotion (+3 sacred attack rolls) and knowledge devotion
Knowledge(religion) roll for Knowledge devotion [roll0]
Attack rol, +2 from charge, -2 power attack:[roll1] + 1 knowledge devotion
Damage, +4 power attack: [roll2] + 1 knowledge devotion
crit confirm:[roll3]

Searos Arroway (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275552)
M LN Azurin Incarnate 3/Cloister Cleric 2, Level 5, Init -1, HP 40/40, Speed 20ft
Condition Essentia 4
-protection from evil (+2 ac and saves vs evil)
-Law divotion - +3 sacred bonus to attack (included in roll)

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-29, 01:39 AM
Helki

Helki looses his arrow, and slings his bow as he side steps to the right.

LongbowAttack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Move to P-9

Cleavon
2011-03-29, 07:37 AM
Mickey

As his compatriots began their assault, he watched the things fly at the beast, both mundane and magical. It was time to test the beast, see how strong it indeed was.

Sneering at the thing the man watched as Searos charged forward to an attack, and he himself surged forward, not as quick as the Incarnate but with a measured fury. He quickly stepped up beside Searos and brought his fists back and then slammed them forward at the thing.

Move 30' to I11. Single attack, Power attack for 5.
[roll0]
[roll1]
If Natural 20:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Fable Wright
2011-04-02, 07:19 PM
As Tucker's blast of eldritch power accelerates towards the wurm, just before it begins to pierce it's flesh, a nearby sore on the wurm's body bursts, coating the area just about to be it with a layer of foul slime, which seems to... absorb the energy into it causing it to glow a rime blue for a few seconds before it crusts over. Serah's blast seems to accomplish more, hitting the creature, but it doesn't even flinch at the blow, more or less ignoring it. Helki's arrow embeds itself in a patch of pus on the creature's skin, doing nothing, while Mickey's powerful blow merely rebounds of the creature's hardened flesh, but Searos manages to hit a weak spot in the surprisingly thick shell of the being, causing black ichor and gray-yellow pus to pour out on him. Enraged, the creature raises it's body, revealing a swollen, ancient intestinal tract, and it's gaping maw engulfs both Mickey and Searos at once, before it lowers itself and begins slithering towards Serah.

{table=head]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_|Q _|R_
1||||||M||||||M||||W|W|W|H
2||M|||||M||||M|||W|W|W|H
3|||||M|||||W|W|W|W|W|||H
4|||M|||M||W|W|W||||H|||H|H
7||||~|~|W|~||||||||||
8|||M||~|~|~|~|~||||||||
9|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|\|||G|
10|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|/|S|||
11||||~|~|~|~|~||||||||R|
12|M||~|~|W||~||||||||||
13||||W|W||||||||||||
14|||M|W|W|H|H|H|H||||||||
15|M|||W|W||||H||||||||
16|||M|W|W||||H||||||||

H= House wall
W= Town wall
~= Rubble
Z= Undead thing
M= Mook
G= Helki
S= Serah
R= Tucker
C= Mickey (Takes 12 damage)
B= Searos (Takes 25 damage)

RaggedAngel
2011-04-02, 07:38 PM
Tucker's hands shake. He has never, not once in his life, watched his Eldritch Blast fail. A blast like that one had killed his father utterly. It hadn't even scratched the beast. What was more, he had just watched two comrades, almost friends, be engulfed before his eyes.

His eyes light up with eldritch fire. "Never again. I owe her that."

He holds his hands high and forces all his anger and hate, all of his negative fury, into one intense ball of power, this one tinged with crackling bolts of electric energy. He then recedes from the beast, backing up thirty feet.

Point Blank Shot, one charge from his gloves.

Attack: [roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-04-03, 04:15 AM
Helki

Helki pulls back his hood, and throws open his gray cloak. Charging toward the creature, he draws his trusty axe, and a small hunting knife. He swings his weapon with purpose, as he aims for the hideous monsters mandables.

Battleaxecharging (AC=18)
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Cleavon
2011-04-03, 09:32 AM
Mickey

As his gloved fist bounced off the things hide he howled in rage, which was quickly muffled by the thing engulfing he and his compatriot.

Mickeys rage consumes him as his senses are filled with the incredibly disgusting and putrid insides of the monster. He thrashes about and his spiked gauntlets thrust into the lining closest to him, trying to pierce its hide and create some way out.

Attack!
Grappled, able to make an attack with a Light Piercing or Slashing weapon(Spiked Gauntlets)

Power attack for 5.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Fast healing while Bloodfrenzied, heals Mickey for 5.

bindin garoth
2011-04-03, 12:18 PM
Searos

As his longsword cuts deep into the foul beast's flesh. As he steps back from the strike however, he sees the beast move in to swallow him. He, unable to move fast enough, is swollowed by the beast. Feeling sick from the though of being swollowed by the beast, he quickly tries to scramble out of the beast.

.....well, no light weapon, and unarmed strike won't do much, so opposed graple check to get out.
[roll0]

Seraphiel
2011-04-04, 05:09 PM
"Mickey, Searos!", Serah yelled as the creature swallowed her campanions. This is not good, she thought as a blast of what seemed like lightning flew past her towards the massive undead. Serah needed to act quickly, as well, if they were going to help their companions.

Serah ran alongside the monster, hoping that she'd be safe from being swallowed if she struck from the side. She let her energy flow into her longsword, and it seemed to glow with a pale blue aura. She struck at the creature, hoping to create some sort of gap that Mickey and Searos could perhaps use to escape.

Move to I 11

Power attack [roll0] for [roll1] and [roll2] positive energy damage

Fable Wright
2011-04-04, 06:20 PM
Tucker's sphere of energy flies towards the zombie, discharging ineffectively through the worm's strips of ragged flesh, leaving utterly ignored patches of scorched flesh over the worm's hide. Serah, strafing beside the worm, would have landed a blow against the unliving flesh, were her blow not deflected by a shard of protruding bone that her weapon ricocheted off of. As Helki charges forward, the worm opens it's mouth wide, causing him to charge ineffectually right into the creature's stomach. The worm, ignoring the halfling, backs up quicker than Serah would have though possible, before she, too, was engulfed by the worm. Tucker alone stands free of the thing's gizzard, and it's maw turns towards the halfing, exposing it's "teeth" in a parody of a grin, with black liquid pouring from it's wide-open maw.

Inside the stomach of the worm, Mickey's blow rocks the stomach slightly, but the rubbery flesh holding it together is sturdier than he expected. Searos's struggling yields no result, but his aura of flame yields a patch of slightly less sturdy flesh where it touches, before he falls into unconsciousness from the bludgeoning stones lining the worm's gizzard.

{table=head]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_|Q _|R_|S_|T_|U_|V_|W_|X_
1||||||M||||||M||||W|W|W|W|H|H|H|H|H
2||M|||||M||||M|||W|W|W|H|||H
3|||||M|||||W|W|W|W|W|||H|||H
4|||M|||M||W|W|W||||H|||H|H|H|H
7||||~|~|W|~||||||||||
8|||M||~|~|~|~|~||||||||
9|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|\||||||||
10|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|/||||||||
11||||~|~|~|~|~||||||||||||||R
12|M||~|~|W||~||||||||||
13||||W|W||||||||||||
15|M|||W|W||||H||||||||
16|||M|W|W||||H||||||||

H= House wall
W= Town wall
~= Rubble
Z= Undead thing
M= Mook
G= Helki (Takes 20 damage)
S= Serah (Takes 20 damage)
R= Tucker
C= Mickey (Takes 27 damage)
B= Searos (Takes 22 damage)

bindin garoth
2011-04-04, 07:48 PM
Searos

As searos starts to fall over from the pain, he silently thinks 'Not yet, I can't.' He unconsciously reaches for the pendent around his neck, causing it to send it energies throughout his bodies. The energies restore parts of his body, and although it will not last for long, it will allow him to continue. After fainting for mere seconds, he regains his conscious and realizes what happened. He quickly gets up and gets ready for the next assult.

Searos Arroway (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275552)
M LN Azurin Incarnate 3/Cloister Cleric 2, Level 5, Init -1, HP 17/40, Speed 20ft
Condition Essentia 4
-protection from evil (+2 ac and saves vs evil)
-Law divotion - +3 sacred bonus to AC (included in roll)
-17 temp hp

Cleavon
2011-04-04, 10:30 PM
Mickey

Mickey feels the crushing pain of the creatures innards squeezing him, and sees searos almost go down. Turning his head he saw the scorched patch and Grasped his hands together swinging them with all his might at that weakened spot with a mighty roar, muted by the foulness around him.

Attack!
Power attack for 5. Hp: 37/66
[roll0]
[roll1]

Fast healing for 5

RaggedAngel
2011-04-04, 10:50 PM
Tucker (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275643)
Male Chaotic Good Halfling Warlock, Level 5, Init +4, HP 28/28, DR 1/Cold Iron, Speed 20ft.
AC 24, Touch 15, Flat-footed 20, Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 3
Eldritch Blast +9 (3d6, x2)
Masterwork Dagger +3/+10 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
+1 Mithral Chain Shirt, Shield (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +4 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 16
Condition See The Unseen (Darkvision + See Invisibility)

Tucker almost falls to his knees. He's alone. Again. Again and again and again, they were all crushed and consumed by the hideous beast, and he hadn't even managed to hurt it. He didn't even know if it had felt his blows. He looks down at his hands, and thinks for a moment about his power.

The realization hits him, and he utters aloud. "I'm trying to kill the infernal with the infernal." He touches his Wand of Cure Light Wounds and his Scrolls of Cure Moderate Wounds. They had been meant for his friends, but they may serve to kill the beast.

Before he attempted that, however, he had one more burst of power remaining in his gauntlets. He could have used cold energy again, or electrical power.

But he decides on fire instead. The bolt in his hands is infused with dire arcane flames, and the empowered eldritch blast hurtles towards the beast.

Note: I didn't realize this, but only 2d6 of his previous blasts have been energy damage; the rest is Eldritch Blast standard damage. I don't know if it's been ignoring the damage due to DR or resistance, but it may change things if it's resistance.

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Fire.

Seraphiel
2011-04-04, 11:02 PM
Darkness engulfs Serah as the worm bears down on her. She feels herself being dragged along and crushed against the creatures organs. She gathers up what energy she can, and sends another blast of force through the beast.

Esper Slam [roll0] ranged touch for [roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2011-04-05, 05:35 AM
Helki

After being swallowed whole, Helki immediately begins slashing at the inside of the creature with his hunting knife.

Daggerattempting to cut a hole with a light slashing weapon.

Fable Wright
2011-04-05, 04:20 PM
As the beast begins lumbering towards Tucker, his blast of searing fire scorches the unliving flesh, charring it black. Ignorant of the fact, the worm continues to stretch forward inexorably, drawing itself forwards more and more, opening it's dread mouth wide, despite the brittle charcoal covered flesh. Tucker can see the worm's gullet, lined with the sharp, lethal, serrated garbage that made up it's teeth, and he can smell the odors of the still-rotting, animated flesh. As he stares into the dark cavern that is about to claim him, after his friends... it just... falls. The head hangs limp, the liquid no longer pouring out, and the beast's head crashes into the ground at Tucker's feet. Looking around for a reason, he sees why- the beast's body had snapped almost completely across at a particularly scorched spot, where both the lightning and fire had burned the flesh. As he stares, to his horror, the worm begins to move again, shaking it's body left and right, with a dull gray spike protruding from it's body... until you realize that it was, in fact, Mickey, clawing his way out of the worm. Shortly thereafter followed by a worse-for-wear Searos, and a rather put-out looking Helki, as well as a slightly shaken Serah. As you look around, it seems that the villagers did a passable job of setting up a temporary barricade against the hordes of undead now banging on the walls of the town, but it seems like it will hold for the night...

RaggedAngel
2011-04-05, 06:01 PM
Tucker stares for a moment, disbelieving. His hands hang limply by his sides, and the smell of brimstone wafts from his palms. All his pain and anger were gone, stolen away by that last blast of eldritch power. He had forced all of his stength into that blast, and it had resulted in a more powerful attack than anything he had ever unleashed. Even still, he had been quite sure that they were all about to die. He finally lets out his breath, and a laugh escapes him.

The he runs as fast as he can over to his friends, estatic. "How in the Nine Hells did you survive that?" He asks, taking out his Wand of Cure Light Wounds. "Who needs healing? Are you all stable?"

Cleavon
2011-04-05, 10:21 PM
Mickey

As his spiked glove pierced the things stomach lining, and he felt night air on his fingers his other hand slammed inward and he broke a hole in the things side. He was covered in disgusting filth and detritus, such things as had been inside the foul creature. He looked to Tucker with fire burning in his eyes and he swung his arms wide, stepping out of the beast and turning to watch his companions make their way out of the hole.

"Survive eh? Whut yeh tink we wuz gun do? Take a nap and wait fer it to ****e us out in the marnin'? Come an Tuck ye know us better 'n tha!"

Seraphiel
2011-04-06, 02:42 AM
Serah pulled herself out of the hole in the worm, shakily sitting down on the ground some distance from the still beast. She was covered in some manner of putrid... goo, as well as chunks of unidentifiable refuse. "I.... I think I'll be alright, Tuck... I just need a minute. And a bath," she said and let out a hesitant laugh.

The undead could be heard around the edges of town, and Serah started to wonder if this town really had a chance.

bindin garoth
2011-04-08, 06:33 PM
As Searos climbs out of the worm, his musles visibly relax as he lets out a deep sigh of relief. His cloak of flames seems to disburst and slowly fade away, as does his sword when he almost colapses right after exiting the worm. He slowly gets up, clearly in pain and couging but blood in the process,as if his body is warning him that it needs treatment fast. He sits, almost falling, against the worm and focuses his remaining divine energies to his wounds from the worm, slowly but surely closing up as a sickly, abnormal noise is heard coming from his body. Finally healed to some degree, the smell of the dead worm suddenly seems stronger without him having to focus on his wounds. Almost throwing up, he barely holds it back and shakely stands up. Glad that's over, stupid foul beast..... Anyway don't worry about healing, I'll cover everyone save that for when I'm out of divine energies that can heal. Searos says as he pulls out a wand to heal everyone.

converting all remaining spells to cure spells.
[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-04-08, 07:21 PM
Helki

After pulling himself out of the beast, Helki takes his knife and begins scraping himself off. He grumbles a bit, and seems to have damaged his ego more than his body. Blood seeps from a few wounds, but none appear life threatening. He picks a few bits of glass and broken rocks out and returns to his normal alert state.

"Lets not get too comfortable yet. They did say the undead comes in hordes." Helki draws his bow, grabs an arrow, and begins scanning the area.

Spot: [roll]1d20+10
Listen: [roll0]

RaggedAngel
2011-04-08, 09:15 PM
Tucker looks a bit startled by the mention of more zombies. "There's no way in the Nine Hells that thing-" he gestures to the giant zombie worm- "has a bunch of buddies. If they were hit by one of those every night there wouldn't be anything left of this place. Even if there's a horde out there, this was a special event. I think while we should keep a look out for little zombies it's more important to keep a lookout for more things like this."

He gestures with his gem-studded gloves. "I used up all the auxilery power in these things for today killing that thing, and my last attack was... not something I can do at will. To be honest, I don't know how I hit it that hard. If another one shows up that suddenly, I don't know what'll happen." He looks down for a moment, and then looks up again, quizically. "How did that thing approach so quickly? It's the biggest thing I've ever seen, and there was no warning. That seems a bit off to me. Anyway, I'm going to see if I can find a rooftop or something, and I'll spend some time picking the little ones off, if there are any out there. Anyone with a ranged weapon is welcome to come with."

He begins looking for a high vantage point, and you can tell that he's a bit shaken. Careful attention would show that the ends of his sleeves are singed heavily.

Spot for any zombies inside the town: [roll0]

Cleavon
2011-04-09, 08:00 AM
Mickey

As Mickey stood there listening, brimming with rage his cuts and bruises seemed to fade, and small pops and cracks were heard as he rolled his neck and shoulders, shaking out his arms. He began to feel better quickly, and as he listened to Tucker a sly grin crossed his face.

He scooped some of the grime and muck from the creature off of himself as he stood there scanning around the town. He certainly did like the idea of some smaller zombies. It would be a much needed change of pace after being swallowed by a gargantuan beast.

"If'n suntin' like da runs afoul eh uz again tonight I be reckonin' I'll do jus whut I did afore. Whate'er I can."

He grinned wide and clapped his hands together in front of him, a bit of grime flying off in various directions as he started around the town.

"I prefer a stand up fight meself lads. Anyone else care to take a stroll roun town and see if the walls are holdin'?"

Gamblerjoe
2011-04-09, 05:28 PM
Helki

As everyone begins to walk back into town, Helki suddenly snaps around, nocks an arrow and begins yelling. "Behind You!" He begins firing arrows and backpedaling.

Initiative (if needed): [roll0]
Attack (when its my turn): [roll1] Damage: [roll2]

Seraphiel
2011-04-09, 08:17 PM
As the rest of the group began to depart from the corpse of the huge worm, Serah took a few moments to wipe of some of the disgusting goop. Man, these clothes are going to be ruined..., she thought to herself. Then, she noticed the hole they made in exiting the worm start to... pulsate and begin to close up. As she watched, the beast began to rear up, about to strike at the retreating party.

Everyone, watch out!", she yelled as she charged toward the beast, hoping to stop it.

Initiative?: [roll0]
Power attack: [roll1] for [roll2] and [roll3] positive energy damage

Cleavon
2011-04-10, 07:36 AM
Mickey

As warnings were screamed out Mickeys eyes flared with life and he turned to see what the commotion was about. In his clouded rage he had missed it at first, but that thing had made some movement again. He watched Serah charge at the thing again and he grimaced.

"Damn thing. Dere got to be a better way than jumpin down his gullet."

Mickey began to look around, almost frantically.

Last round of Blood rage. Mickey Looks for a large piece of flammable wood, and will take anything save major supports of structures. Also trying to find perhaps a lit lantern somewhere, to set said big piece of wood on fire.

"Fire bahs! Flames hurt the damn thing lets see if we can burn it down!"

RaggedAngel
2011-04-10, 07:23 PM
Tucker whirls towards the great lumbering hulk as his friends react to it. He takes a split second to get over his shock, and then he renews his assault. "This time, ugly, I'm not going to stop blasting until all the Nine Hells run out of power. When I put you down, you're supposed to stay down." He begins to gather up the energies required for an eldritch blast, but decides against it. His hand whips down to his bandolier, and he draws out a small flask filled with a simmering reddish liquid. "You didn't seem to like my fire much, zombie. I'm going to bet you don't like this much." He takes the bottle, leans back, and puts a little halfling spin on it as he hurls it towards the beast.

Assuming he's around 20ish feet, ranged touch with an Alchemist's Fire. -4 for two range incriments, +1 for being a thrown weapon, +1 for being within 30 feet.

Damage: [roll1] fire damage. EDIT- :smallbiggrin: And +1 damage from Point Blank Shot.

Next turn it takes another d6 of fire damage.

bindin garoth
2011-04-11, 10:19 AM
Searos

Searos turns around around as he hears the party's warning, bringing his cloak of flames and weapon back into focus. The sweat can be seen dripping off of his head, and his breath shakey, as he takes a few steps back, trying to figure out what he could do to stop this beast.

Deciding its best to be more defensive this time, Searos focuses the divine energies flowing through him into defense, and says I'll focus on keeping away from it and keeping us healed for now!. After shifting his weapon into his right hand, Searos grabs a vial of dark liquid from his belt and downs the whole thing while keeping a close eye on the beast.

2 rounds left of law devotion, shift the attack bonus to ac (+3 bonus to AC)
1 round left of protection from evil

Searos takes a potion of hide from undead from his belt and drinks it.

Fable Wright
2011-04-23, 04:30 PM
The worm, lunging forward in your distraction, seems headed towards Mickey before it "sees" Searos's potion. Changing direction with disturbing alacrity, it swallows Searos before he can finish quaffing it, causing the unfortunate man to once again be thrust into the beast's gullet, bereft of the effects of the potion. Helki's arrow flies true and sticks in the beast's open maw, and it recoils a bit from the attack, before starting to move towards it's original target. Serah's blow seems as if it would strike the beast, but the beast shifted slightly, causing the blow to ricochet off a piece of bone embedded in the hide, something that could easily be avoided should she have aimed her sword better. Mickey, rummaging through the rubble, finds a large board that, conveniently enough, was already burning, set on fire by a watchman's lantern that was knocked over when the wall broke. Tucker, despite massively underestimating the distance between him and the worm, managed to hit the worm with the vial, causing it to shatter all over the beast, igniting it once more.

{table=head]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_|Q _|R_|S_|T_|U_|V_|W_|X_
1||||||M||||||M||||W|W|W|W|H|H|H|H|H
2||M|||||M||||M|||W|W|W|H|||H
3|||||M|||||W|W|W|W|W|||H|||H
4|||M|||M||W|W|W||||H|||H|H|H|H
7||||~|~|W|~|||||||G|||
8|||M||~|~|~|~|~||||||||
9|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|||||||||
10|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z|Z||||||||
11||||~|~|~|~|Z|Z|||||||||||||R
12|M||~|~|W||~|\|/||||||||
13||||W|W||M||||||||||
15|M|||W|W||||H||||||||
16|||M|W|W||||H||||||||

H= House wall
W= Town wall
~= Rubble
Z= Undead thing
M= Mook
G= Helki
S= Serah
R= Tucker
C= Mickey
B= Searos (Takes 19 damage)

RaggedAngel
2011-04-23, 06:00 PM
Tucker calls up his eldritch power again, staying a good sixty feet from the hideous beast, and he focuses his power for the first time that day into a piercing Eldritch Spear. The power swirls around his hands before slamming into the creature before him. "We've got to put this thing down quickly!"

Ongoing Fire damage from the Alchemist's fire: [roll2]

bindin garoth
2011-04-23, 07:37 PM
:smalleek:

As Searos is swallowed up by the beast, he feels the world going black. He struggles to keep his eyes open as he feels the coppery taste of blood in his mouth. 'Not yet' he thinks as his eyes close.

mantle of flames fire damage: [roll0]
stabilization check: [roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2011-04-23, 09:25 PM
Helki

The ranger continues backing up, and fires another arrow. "This time, abomination, you will stay down!"

LongbowMove to T6.

Cleavon
2011-04-24, 08:14 AM
Mickey

Mickey hefted the piece of wood he had claimed as his new weapon, his muscle fatiguing as his blood frenzy began to wear off. He heaved the flaming piece of wood, attempting to slam it into the creatures mouth, before reaching up and hoisting himself up the wall with a sort of agile grace, landing him atop the nearby building.

Heaving the flaming piece of wood into the monsters maw to attempt to stick its mouth open(think rancor vs skywalker) and then hoisting himself up the wall using his climb speed to end his movement atop the house in G14

Fable Wright
2011-05-28, 06:11 PM
As Serah stands paralyzed in fear, the worm begins to slither towards Mickey, ready to swallow him, and almost assuredly would have done so were it not for the large board suddenly shoved into his mouth. Unable to complete the attack, the gargantuan creature recoils with the board firmly wedged in his mouth, before reducing the board to splinters as the horrible maw closes with terrifying force. Helki's arrow miraculously pierces the beast in the side, causing black ichor to spew out, as Tucker's ray of eldritch power, while less potent than before, still causes the beast to shudder still, disrupting the fell magic animating the creature. With a sickening thud, the beast falls down once more, Searos rolling out of the thing's gullet in a pool of red blood and black ichor.

@Searos:
Roll a fortitude save

Gamblerjoe
2011-05-29, 02:06 PM
Helki

Helki draws his axe as he charges toward the motionless abomination. He relentlessly hacks at the body just behind the mandibles, hoping to eviscerate what suffices for the things head.

RaggedAngel
2011-05-30, 09:16 PM
As soon as the beast falls, Tucker feels the blazing urge to blast at its fallen form fill his mind. He raises his hand, and begins to channel the eldritch might to strike at the beast again and again. He feels his mind touch on his own personal hell, the special place in his soul that grew every time he channeled his power. He felt the dark, diabolic energy fill his heart and soul, and he began to grin.

Then he saw Sereos, bleeding out into the dirt. Tucker winced, slapped himself, and ran over to his fallen friend, pulling out a white ivory wand from his belt as he did. He touched Sereos with the wand, focused his mind, and shouted a few random words while forcing just a touch of power into the wand. It was a new wand, but his eldritch power gave him a significant edge when making magic items work for him, and it yielded its healing power to him. There was a flash, and Sereos was healed, at least partially.

Autosucceed the UMD on his Wand of Cure Light.

[roll0]

Cleavon
2011-05-31, 04:49 AM
Mickey

Shaking his head as he watched the thing collapse once again he stood atop the house breathing heavily. He looked down upon Searos, seeing The halfling rush aide their fallen comrade, and he turned to look across the village, his head sinking down as he grasped the edge of the building, crouched down he climbed deftly down the buildings sheer side and stopped near Helki.

"Damn ting ain't sure down fer good ya bettin'. Best to burn it to cinders."

Mickey went about grabbing up torches, burning wood, anything he could find and put it around the thing, trying his best to assure it wouldn't come back while the others tended to the wounded and each other.

He was nice enough to try and keep the fires away from the other houses. As much as he hated the place, he didn't want to see it burned down. He had seen how rough the little village was from atop that perch he had taken during the end of the battle, and it had grown on him, even if only in those short moments. A ragged thing in the middle of the woods was what he had been once.

bindin garoth
2011-06-01, 06:15 AM
Searos rolls out the beast, his sight but a blur from the blood loss. The flames of his cape have become but an ember, almost reflecting the damage he has taken. But then, as soon as he feels some healing, he slowly gets up, leaning on the beast's body for support as he gets up.

After steading himself, he, barely a whisper with his weak voice, says "Thank you....". He shakely reaches for a pitch black wand with an ivory tip and uses it several times on himself, each time slowly healing the wounds on his body.

fort save was rolled in OOC post.
Use wand of cure light wounds 5 times, I'm just going to roll them all at once.
[roll0]

Fable Wright
2011-06-04, 09:34 PM
Even as Helki's blows begin to dismember the beast, the wounds begin to fill with black fluid, and as they do so, it seems as if the flesh continues to regenerate... which it does. No matter how hard or where Helki seems to strike the beast, the wounds just begin to heal over again.

As Mickey begins to walk around collecting the burning wood, some villagers come out and, after looking at the still-twitching beast, wordlessly begin to help him build a bonfire to burn the worm. Not until the fire covered the entire the thing's entire body did the beast begin to seem to stop twitching... and then, seconds later, it shudders throughout it's whole length, and utters a long, drawn out screech that grates upon your ears, as it rises up, a great, burning wurm from hell, and plunges down towards the villagers, ramming it's head into the ground, and beginning to burrow, seemingly trying to escape, forming an arc over the town. Then, it turns rigid, stock still, and...

Mickey:
You get a small headache, and as you look around, you see that some members of the crowd are clutching their heads, especially those not entirely covered the refuse surrounding the town. Some are twitching, and some are flat-out seizing on the ground. As you turn towards the rest of the party, you see them, too, clawing at their heads in pain. Helki and Searos just seem to be clutching their heads in pain, like most of the crowd, Searos twitching slightly. However, the halfing lies there, collapsed upon the ground, twitching and seizing upon the ground. Serah, however, is nowhere to be found...

Tucker:
Your head explodes in pain. You see stars, and are vaguely aware of falling down as your clutch your head in pain. Every thought causes your head to burst out in a new vein of agony, and you begin to feel... odd. You can't... remember. Panicking, you send explosions of pain as you begin to forget... everything. Details in memories begin to fade, lessons from your father... you still remember the pain of them, the suffering you caused... but.. not what you learned... what they were about... and other things. You remember someone, someone important, but not who they were, their face... something happened, but... you don't know... everything seems to be missing. You try to remember something and... it's just blank... you don't... know... trying to remember... what? It's just a gap in your head, empty, you try to think of it, you don't even know what you were trying to think of, it's all just blank, but... what... who...

Facts begin to slip out of your head, and the more you grasp at them, the more the pain builds up in your head. You feel light-headed, despite the pain, and as the thoughts begin to fade, your mind becoming empty, and the pain beginning to fade, and become aware that you're lying down on the grass, your muscles tense, and you get the feeling people are staring at you... unfamiliar faces that seem familiar... one is covered in black... stuff...! the stuff! It was bad! there was... something... with the black stuff... it was... something... but the black stuff was bad! Wait... where were you? It feels... familiar... it's not home... something... going somewhere? Mud? There was mud... and who are these people looking at you?

Helki:
You feel searing pain shooting throughout your brain, shooting across your mind. Your vision goes fuzzy, and red sparks shoot across your eyeballs. You feel yourself forgetting things... but... you don't know what... something important... details... it's just a blur.

Coming to, slightly, the haze and pain begin to fade, and you see someone twitching on the ground... a child... no, wait, you know them... who... something... he was with you when... something... but you don't remember...

Searos:
Your head explodes in agony, as with each thought, it begins to intensify. The pain splits your head, making you begin to twitch in agony, as your vision turns into red sparks before your eyes. You feel... something... thoughts... memories... something... going away... you try to remember... you were... somewhere... trying to stop... something... bad... it was... now and a long time ago... something... needles... dark... pain... blood... but... you forgot. There was something... but you can't remember... it was...

As your thoughts and memories begin to fail you, the pain and sparkks begin to fade... your vision is fuzzy, but it's clearing up... and there's someone on the ground... small, like a child, in pain... pain shoots from your brain as you try to remember, and you remember... what were you trying to remember? You see the child on the ground, in pain... it looks familiar... it was... long ago... someone new... who? What? There were... people around you.. somewhere... but who? Where? They seem familiar, but you don't... remember...

RaggedAngel
2011-06-05, 12:26 AM
Tucker freezes in place. He's shaking, as if he was very, very cold. He's surrounded and in pain, and he has no idea where he is. All he can remember is the pain, and his father...

It's a trap. It's a trap and they're going to kill him. Tucker rocks back onto his feet and lets his power surge through him. He focuses for just a moment, forcing his raw energy into the proper channels, channels that were beaten into him over years of running and hiding.

Tucker vanishes from sight with a single uttered word.

He shuts his eyes tight and he hopes that if nothing can see him, he'll be safe.

He casts invisibility.

This is cool. Crazy and kinda trippy, but cool.

Cleavon
2011-06-05, 04:01 AM
Mickey

Mickey grabbed at his head for a moment, and then let out a little set of grumbling noises, and his hands came away, shaking the pain away. He looked at the escaping worm like creature, but his main focus now was on the people around him. They had seemed to all go mad at roughly the same time. He figured it must have something to do with the pain he had felt, but it was nothing he couldn't handle.

He looked at his companions, seeing Tucker truly in dire circumstance, he moved forward, and then the little bugger disappeared!

"I've 'ad bout enough of this dark sorcery bout dis lil mudole!"

He growled and looked to Helki, seeing the man holding his head as if in pain, and he approached.

"Pull yerself togetter Helk, we gots people be needin' uz"

he gave the man a slap on the shoulder and turned to look at his other companions.

"come on now lads, weren't been nutin' worth cryin bout. Jus a bit o pain come on!"

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-05, 07:01 AM
Helki

As Helki shambles to his feet, he suspiciously eyes Tucker with a sense of bewilderment. He begins walking toward the halfling, and is startled when he disappears. He snaps around when he feels Micky's hand on his shoulder. He jumps back and draws his hunting knife, threatening anyone who comes near him. "I don't know what you people are up to here, but you've messed with the wrong woodsman!"

Helki slips and falls as he backpedals. He sinks slightly into the soft earth and vaguely remembers trudging through this stuff. Where is this place? Did I come here voluntarily? Helki struggles to regain his composure and remember what he is doing here.

bindin garoth
2011-06-05, 12:21 PM
Searos

As Searos finally steadies himself up, he takes a quick look around before suddenly stiffening up collapsing on the floor. He vision blurring, and his fingers twitching, he lets out a yelp of pain before trying to get a grip over himself.

"It's the past, it's just the past..." he tells himself as he mind scrambles, and not quite believing himself with it being just the past. Then, he screams out "What are you doing to that child?!" as the pain washes over his entire body yet again.

He then hears Mickey yelling at them, and in his confusion, almost a whisper, says "Who..... Are you?"

Fable Wright
2011-06-05, 04:53 PM
Tucker:
As you retreat into your mind and draw the magic from within you, you feel... something. It's... someone else? You feel emotions, not your own, welling up inside you, strange thoughts quite unlike your own running through your head. You feel something, too... it's hurt. Angry. Confused. Dangerous. It's... it's in your head. You can feel it. It's... examining you. It's... looking for something. It's rummaging in your head, looking for something. You feel... things. Like worms, wriggling deeper into your mind, taking something out... moving things... you don't know what... something... looking for something? It's... angry. It was hurt, and it's looking for something...

You can feel the... things moving in your head, snaking around your brain, moving through it, like an oily film through your thoughts, penetrating your brain... it's looking for someone. You feel like you need to help it... the thing it's looking for made it hurt, and... someone else? You can feel... something else in this thing... like small bubbles it it's mind... they... come closer, and you can feel them. Thousands of rising thoughts of pain, agony, hate, confusion... there are so many... it's overwhelming... they're overwhelming you, shutting you in a corner of your mind, there are too many thoughts... and... the thing's tendrils are all throughout your brain, now, bathing your mind with it's thoughts, and you feel yourself agreeing with it... you feel like you should just do what it says; it was wronged, you should help it... it knows what it needs, all you need to do is just stay out of the way, just let it take over...

Roll a will save.

Helki:
You remember... you were hunting something. Or... somethings?they were bad. You were coming close... you went here to find something... something about bad magic?

RaggedAngel
2011-06-05, 08:52 PM
Sitting perfectly still and invisible Tucker stares forward with inhuman intensity, tiny flickers of eldritch light coming off of him. Out loud, he is silent.

In his mind he does nothing but scream.

Will: [roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-07, 08:06 AM
Helki

"To hell with that, Iv got a human to defend!" Helki looks around trying to remember where he is. "I must carry on. There is foul magic here... Something I have been hunting... Something I must stop."

Helki begins to appear slightly steadier and more cognizant of his surroundings. "If any of you people are associated with the evil in this place, I can tell you now, running will do you no good."

bindin garoth
2011-06-07, 08:43 AM
Searos

As Searos looks around more confused than ever, and upon hearing the words "foul magic," a shiver travels down his spine out of pure fear, although he does not know what that fear is of. Images of all sorts come to mind, mostly bad, but one person keeps on coming up. A child, with numberous wounds on him. He feels as if he knows this child, and known him for a long time, but cannot remember who.

"Who are you?" Searos mutters outloud, confused.

As his mind flashes through more images, he almost starts to feel as if he can't tell what is real, and what's in his head. All of the images were of pain... Of him..... Of others..... Nothing but blood...... And as Searos lays there he lets out a scream of pure agony, unable to tell what's real.

Cleavon
2011-06-07, 12:39 PM
Mickey

Looking at Helki with a raised eyebrow he turned to hear Searos yelling for Tucker. Turning from the misanthropic woodsman, Mickey put his hands out wide and seemed rather angry and incredulous.

"Pull yer damn selves tagetter! I've ne'er seen you lot sah rippin stuped! Get yah selves up!"

His eyes scanned the area where the halfling had been, having only recently seen him vanish. He knew the halfling knew such tricks, but he had no idea of their inner workings.

"The wee lads gon. By 'is own magics or sum other. reckon he could be anywhere."

Fable Wright
2011-06-07, 11:29 PM
@Tucker:
You feel... completely normal. Your brain still aches from the explosion, but it's calmed down now. In fact, you feel better than normal. With a dismissive word, you lower the magics that you shielded yourself with, and feel filled with a sense of purpose. You can't quite figure out what it is, but know you need to ensnare the loyalty of these weak-minded fools in order to fulfill your purpose.

RaggedAngel
2011-06-08, 12:43 AM
DMoD:
:smallbiggrin: I'm going to have fun with this. Update me if Tucker feels the urge to do anything specific, and I promise that my roleplay will not disappoint you.

There is a small flash of eldritch light, and Tucker reappears. He stands, perfectly calm again, and brushes himself off. He looks around at the carnage, and grins. "I'm really sorry about that, guys; I'm not quite sure what came over me, but I think it's better now." He looks down at himself, checking his wands and scrolls with the swift motions of habit. "How long was I out? I felt some sort of mental pressure after the worm exploded, but I managed to ward it off. If anything, I feel a lot better now than I did before the blast. I guess it's been a while since I gave my brain a real workout." Tucker seems utterly unfazed by the odd mental assault; his demeanor and bearing have truely returned to normal.

He turns and looks at the broken walls, and he takes out a wand from his belt. "I can put a Web between those walls to hold out more undead, but it won't last too long. I say that we start rebuilding, and see if we can get the villagers to help. Are you all with me?"

Before he starts walking to the walls, he takes a moment to chant a few words and move his arms in a swift motion. His eyes take on a subtle sheen and seem to become backlite with a faint red light. "There, now I should be able to see anything invisible sneaking up on us." He notices for the first time the way that the rest of you are acting. "Are... are you all right? Mickey, what's up with them all?"

He uses See the Unseen.

bindin garoth
2011-06-09, 03:11 PM
Searos

As soon Tucker reappears, Searos scrambles back, startled by the appearence of the halfling. "D-d-d-don't come near me!" he says with a scared and confused voice. With his eyes with and beads of sweat falling off of his head, he stares at the halfling, and then to Mickey, then Helki, and back to the halfling before suddenly clutching his head as another round of pain spasms through his body. Fear is clearly in his eye, fear of what however, is unknown. And his eyes widen as he stares off into space and the images begin anew. Of what exactly, Searos does not know or understand, and his thoughts become lost through these images.

RaggedAngel
2011-06-09, 03:50 PM
Tucker smiles and holds up his hand to Searos in a sign of peace. "Don't worry, Searos, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm your friend. I'm going to help all of you get out of here alive." He smiles with genuine earnestness in his eyes. Tucker takes a slow, gentle step towards Searos. "Remember who you are. Remember the power of your soul, and the power of your god. Can you remember?"

Cleavon
2011-06-09, 04:20 PM
Mickey

Seeing Tucker reappear pulled Mickey out of his incredulous state, at least a small bit. He looked from Searos to Helki and back. He listened to how Tucker spoke to Searos and he shook his head.

"They got sum probem wit they tinkin'?"

Turning back to Helki he grinned slightly and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Elki! Seryus now! Yah dun remember meh? Yah dun remember the bar in tha las town? Bastahd at tossin dice cheatin' and gettin' a busted nose curtsey ah you an I? Ow ken yah fergit!"

He hoped, to some degree that relating to Helki and telling him things that had happened just before their current journey would help jog his mind a bit.

Fable Wright
2011-06-09, 07:06 PM
Searos:
You remember now... there was someone. A priest of... some god. He was a good person, large and shining with kindness. He led you out of a dark place, out of the horror... he brought you to the light, and safety. He helped you and your friend... though the face is kinda blurry in your mind, you realize that he's not here. He's gone, into the darkness... but you were led into the light... and you remember that you went out to drive back the Darkness.

Helki:
You remember... your best friend Gruuk used to be like this, back when he was alive. Alive? How did he... die.

With that thought, you remember. You came to hunt down the infection, the corpse-riser. You put up with pain, suffering, and hardships to stalk the Darkness, and now you're striking at it. Here, plagued by undead... he has struck at the risen. Here you hunt the shambling mockeries of life. Here you hunt your prey.

Tucker:
You get the feeling that a friend is coming to help. He knows something... and you get the feeling that you want to know what it is. And... you get the feeling that you want to bring him to another friend, who's dying to meet him... but, of course, he doesn't trust new people. You need to bring him there without him suspecting anything... yes, you have a feeling that the new friend will love the guy he'll meet, after he gets to know him...

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-10, 10:06 AM
"Helki"

"Wait, I remember that. I wanted to kill that guy, and I thought you WERE going to kill him... Just like you almost killed ole Gruuk." Helki calms down and sheathes his knife. He retrieves his axe from the ground and hooks it back on his belt.

"But Gruuk is dead... why? Oh gods, why cant I remember? Its this place. I came here to hunt a monster, but this place is messing with my mind. How much do you remember Mickey? What the hell is going on?"

bindin garoth
2011-06-12, 02:08 PM
Searos

"Darkness...... Consuming." Searos begins in a distant voice, almost as if his mind is stuck in a single thought.. "Darkness gone........ Light. Saved Me, but not him..... Must banish..... The Darkness." He continues, as pain flashes through his mind.

He then looks up at Tucker and says in a pained voice "What's going on? Its like....... I don't know...... Light..... Darkness..... I feel like those two words signify something, I just cannot remember who..... What..... Or anything it seems like... Just that I need to destroy the darkness with the power of light..."

RaggedAngel
2011-06-12, 02:49 PM
Tucker holds out his hand to Searos to help him up. "Please don't worry, friend. I'm here to help. We are destroying the darkness with the power of light. Well, in my case with the power of darkness, but I hope you'll make an exception." Tucker winks at the incarnate. "Remember who you are, Searos. You came here to fight the darkness in this place. Remember that I'm your friend, and that you can trust me. Do you remember?"

Cleavon
2011-06-12, 03:29 PM
Mickey

A grin appeared on Mickeys face as his friend began to come back to himself. He walked by Helki and gave him a slap on the shoulder.

"Git up yah lazy bastahd, I member right bout evting. We bogged to dis burg, tha dead be risin' up all round, and now it be showin' magic tricks. Roit glad yer eds back on yer shouldahs."

Turning to look at Searos and Tucker he began in their direction.

"We gots ta figger this thing out. Tuck I unno whats appenin round ere wit peoples minds but we oughta figger it out. I dun want anyun messin wit my ed!"

RaggedAngel
2011-06-12, 08:13 PM
Tucker smiles at Mickey with light humor in his eyes. "Don't worry, Mickey, I doubt that any hostile presence could bludgeon its way through your skull. Not due to stupidity, of course, but because I can't imagine a more stubborn will than your own." He turns back to Searos. "We're to be trusted, Searos. Can't you remember us? Can't you see that we're good?"

bindin garoth
2011-06-15, 10:36 AM
Searos

"It..... What is The Darkness the I hunted? That I went out to banish? Why am I here?" Searos begins. "I..... Trust you, but who are you? Or the rest of them? You all seem familiar.... And what is The Darkness that we're after?" Searos says as he lets out one question after another. He, shakely at first, tries to push himself up off the ground and to steady himself upright.

RaggedAngel
2011-06-15, 12:26 PM
Tucker smiles, and gestures around them. "We came to help these people with the hordes of undead that have been plagueing them. We trudged through the swamps for weeks together, and upon arraiving here the town was promptly attacked by a giant undead worm-thing. When we managed to destroy it there was a massive explosion, mentally. I was scared for a moment, but I'm fine now. You seem to have lost your memory. What can you remember, Searos?"

Fable Wright
2011-06-15, 01:26 PM
@Searos:
You remember everything.

bindin garoth
2011-06-15, 03:49 PM
Searos

As he stands up, his memory seems to come back to him as recognition seems to wash over his face, then frustration. ".......... It just hit me. Everything came back to me. What....... When I find the ones who did this....... Well, they're gonna get divine punishment all right!" Searos says, almost yelling the last part in frustration.

After cooling off, he turns to Tucker and the others and says "Sorry about that guys." before taking a look around to see if he can find anything suspicious in the surrounding area.

Spot check: [roll0]
He's looking for anything unusual. Also, do the villagers appear to still be suffering or are they ok?

Fable Wright
2011-06-19, 12:21 AM
As Searos looks around, he, and the rest of you, all see someone walking out of the crowd. As he passes, the crowd that has gathered around you parts, making it obvious that this main is important. He's a rather average looking man, middle-aged with matte black hair and dull clothing, his hand clutched to his head, a look of moderate pain on his face. When he walks up to you, he says, You are the... heroes we sent for, yes? Please, come with me. He nods over at a small building on the far side of the town, and gestures that you begin walking over there with him.

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-19, 11:08 AM
Helki

Helki closes his gray cloak, and follows the man. "Finally, someone who knows whats going on around here. And a clever disguise too. I imagine the undead wont attack one they mistake for their own."

Cleavon
2011-06-19, 02:10 PM
Mickey

Turning as he saw someone come out of the crowd, he noticed that the man was holding his head a bit. What was it with undead attacks and migraines? Mickey felt fine!

"Ah! Well ya bastahd, foinally showin' yahsef afta we've gone un had a lil scrap wit that beastie...Wuh tha fook is goin' on here?"

He fell into step beside his companions, his arms crossing over his meager armor, eyes darting back and forth to check for any intrusion of the town, or anything else out of the ordinary. The place had certainly put him on edge.

bindin garoth
2011-06-19, 03:32 PM
Searos

As Searos begins following him, he begins to wonder. Who could mess with their minds like that? And what does this guy know? As he follows the man, he stays silent and hopes this will begin them on the right track to the right answers.

RaggedAngel
2011-06-21, 07:43 AM
Tucker follows the man with interest. Is the the one, the one who will show them? He takes a skipping step to catch up with the slightly faster human, and then he speaks up. "Sir, just to ask, the gap there will be guarded, right? I would hate for anything to happen when we weren't there to do something about it. Additionally, what information do you have about the undead swarms? Any little thing can help." He speaks with a bright smile, seemily unaffected by the murk and chaos around them.

Fable Wright
2011-06-21, 11:45 AM
The man grimaces at Tucker's barrage of questions, and grasps his head. He continues on over to the building he pointed to, and gestures you inside. As you enter, you see that this is... more or less like you envisioned the home to be. Dirt floor, mud caking the inside of the wooden wall, and a few plaques on the wall. As you keep walking, you feel yourself stepping onto something... soft, and as you look down you realize that there is a dirt-brown rug on the floor. The man gestures you to sit down, and begins to speak haltingly, pain obvious on his face. Thank you for... coming. We are not a... rich town, and we have... little to give. We greatly... appreciate your coming. I know you have many... questions. I will... answer them as best I can. As for your questions... young man, I will... answer them. The... gap is being repared right now. It is... and will remain... guarded. As for the undead... I think... I can't remember well right now, but I think they came when... something... a meteorite hit the ground. A couple of days... after that, I think. The water... in the river went bad. Animals... started dying. We... stopped using it. It was... not a large... force at first. It was... more of one or two... animal corpses, banging against the wall. Later... more, larger undead... came. In... waves. They would... increase in size at... about the same time. That's... pretty much all we know.

@Tucker
As the man speaks, you feel slightly confused and ashamed as he mentions how the first undead came. You also know that this is the man who must be introduced to your... friend. He should meet the Lurker behind the building right now. He's happy to take him to your... friend, for you. But only after you finish getting information out of him.

Cleavon
2011-06-21, 05:13 PM
Mickey

Shaking his head and following everyone to the mans hut, he kept muttering to himself about mud, undead, and how much of a royal pain in his ass this entire situation was turning out to be.

Looking among his companions, he was at least happy they were acting normally now. It was incredibly inconvenient to have them all clutching their heads in pain, and now that it seemed it was every person he had so far encountered, save himself...it made the normally angry man even more on edge.

As he listened to the mans story he couldn't help but bark out something he was thinking after the man stopped.

"So yer sayin' sumtin not O this worl? Sum rock frum abuv falls down en then tha dead are shamblin? Sounds like we've all gut a bit more problems than we taut! figgers, muddy hole of a place, set on by nasties.."

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-22, 01:41 PM
Helki

"So the water supply was tainted first. Are there no druids or holy men in this area? Id like to take a look at the point in the river where the water begins to run foul. Perhaps I could learn more about it, and we could allow the wildlife in this area to flourish once again...

What have you been doing for drinking water anyway?"

Cleavon
2011-06-22, 04:17 PM
Mickey

Turning to Helki quickly his arms crossed over his chest he grinned wide.

"Dontcha member tah bahr 'elki? Dey drink orses pess!"

Fable Wright
2011-06-22, 09:57 PM
The man looks slightly puzzled. We don't have a well in the middle of the town for nothing, you know. The water there is fine. However, the entire river runs foul; we don't know where the source of the river even is. We know that it's underground, but the water comes up from there fouled, and not at a later point in the river.

bindin garoth
2011-06-23, 05:26 AM
Searos

As he listens to the man talk about the meteorite and the foul water, Searos wonders, 'What in the name of Heironeous would be on a meteorite to cause this?'

"Could you lead us to the river so that we could follow it to its source? Maybe we can find some answers there."

RaggedAngel
2011-06-23, 09:41 AM
When Searil mentions leaving, Tucker looks up with a start. He had been previously lost in thought, it seems. He looks to the others with an odd look in his eyes; he seems to be thinking very quickly. "Wait wait wait. Give me a moment. I need..." He looks to the others with a sheepish grin. "I need a private word with the esteemed villiage leader here, out back."

He turns back to the man. "I'm a warlock, sir, and that gives me a certain way with magical currents and impressions. It is in all of our best interests if I check you over for any curses, charms, hexes, or other supernatural blights or markers. That said, I'm not very refined with my magical detections, and my friends here-" He gestures to the others, especially Searos, "light up like a bonfire under my detection ability. So if you could just step out back for a moment, it will take me only a few seconds to ensure that you are being scryed on or blighted or followed or something like that."

Fable Wright
2011-06-26, 11:09 PM
The village leader looks at Tucker oddly at first, and then nods his head. Yes, of course. Go ahead. I'll send Garth to lead you. He walks outside with Tucker, leaving the tent empty.

@Tucker:
As you walk outside, the leader signals over a large-looking man with a rusty-looking glaive. The kind that looks like you could catch tetanus off of by just looking at it the wrong way. Despite that, the edge is still well-honed, and you get the feeling that the weapon is capable of doing more damage this way than when it was new. As the man walks over, he gives you a glare, making you realize that this man is nearly twice as tall as you and many times stronger. The village leader murmurs some words to him, and the man enters the tent. The man looks at you expectantly, and you see a shifty-looking figure looking at you from behind the building.

(Keep your response spoiled and directed at me)

@Everyone else:
After a few minutes, a large-looking man enters the tent, carrying an enormous rusty glaive.The kind that looks like you could catch tetanus off of by just looking at it the wrong way. Despite that, the edge is still well-honed, and you get the feeling that the weapon is capable of doing more damage this way than when it was new. Standing half a head higher than even Searos, the man towers all of you, with muscles about as large as Mickey's. He sits down at the leader's place on the mat, and says I am Garth, head of the village guard. I will be taking you to the river tomorrow at dawn, from the west gate. Do not be late.

RaggedAngel
2011-06-27, 12:24 AM
@DMoD:
Tucker closes his eyes and chants a few words, and he opens his eyes to the world of magic around him. He doesn't expect to see much, but the less he has to fake the better. He doesn't want to disappoint his new friends; he wants to make them happy. He looks at the man for a moment, and then acts very shocked and interested. "I... don't know what to say. You have an odd aura about you. I have to admit, I'm not very good with auras. I need to see if this is enchantment or divination, or something else. There's a big necromancy glare out here, however; could you head over there a few paces, around the building? I'm pretty sure the aura on you isn't necromancy, but it's hard to tell." Tucker waits anxiously for the man's response; he hopes he doesn't see through the lie.

Bluff for the evulz: [roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-27, 01:55 PM
Helki

"I see you've adopted the Orcish methods of weapon maintenance. I personally prefer the more classic method of wiping off the blade after getting blood on it."Diplomacy: [roll0]

Helki remains silent after making his snarky comment. Once the meeting is wrapped up he makes his way outside. "If anyone needs me, ill be setting up my sleeping arrangements. If i see anything, i will sound my whistle 3 times; two short ones and one long one."

OOCHelki tries to find a spot near a breech in the wall to set up a small shelter. He is mostly concerned with concealing himself and Jasper since he is quite used to sleeping under the stars in his armor.

Cleavon
2011-06-27, 03:53 PM
Mickey

Looking at the man who strode into the place, he let out a derisive snort and looked between the mans rusty weapon and his bulging muscles.

"Blast me, lookut the soize uv um. Glad dey culd fine tis feller afferr dah battel eh? Mebbe he woz busy shinin' tha magnif'cent blade 'o iz"

Shaking his head as he turned to listen to Helki, he nodded to the ranger.

"Roit I'll be keepin' an ear open. Prolly wake up wit a deady clawin' at yer goolies nah mattah wer yah be restin"

Fable Wright
2011-06-28, 01:03 AM
@Tucker:
The man looks at you, frowning. No, there isn't... what are you trying to- He stops abruptly, having caught sight of the Lurker creeping up behind him. He looks at you and says No. You're... you're one of them. Hel- his scream is cut off by the lurker's swift blow to the diaphragm, winding the leader. Nodding to you, and taking a cloth in his hand and holding it over the leader's mouth, he drags the leader, still struggling, back down the alley, turning a corner and disappearing. You get a feeling of affirmation in the back of your mind, like you served your masters well...

@Everyone else:
As Mickey turns to face Helki, he feels a sharp point touching his throat. The kind of point that screams impending death, be it from tetanus or it cutting your head off. The man speaks quietly and slowly. Listen up, heroes. I may well not be as renowned as you, or accomplished as much, but do not accuse me of abandoning my village. While you managed to close the first breach, who do you think it was that stopped the hordes at the second breach? Turning his head slightly to Helki, he says, Right. When the streets you walk on are basically mud, do you think just wiping the blade off once in a while is going to do much? I don't. Nor do I believe in letting anyone who picks a fight with me get away with it unscathed, finishing his statement while giving Mickey a glare that fely about as sharp as his glaive.

Roll a listen check.

bindin garoth
2011-06-28, 12:04 PM
Searos

Searos decides to stay silent while the big man walks in, taking note of his rusty weapon and huge muscles. After hearing the conversation between his Mickey and Garth take a turn for the worse, however, he decides to step in before things get worse.

"I'm sure no offense was ment by that statement, Garth. Sorry for the misunderstanding." He says, taking a quick look at Mickey before continuing. "Garth, by what you've seen, how much longer do you think the village would last against these assults?"

Cleavon
2011-06-28, 05:27 PM
Mickey

Feeling the rusty blades point pressed to his neck he looked at Helki with a wide grin, and his eyes slipped back to the man holding the weapon. He looked him up and down for a second, and the shrugged, feeling the rusty point scraping along his neck, sure to cut him if it moved too much. Then a strange thing occurred, and a burst of laughter left Mickeys mouth.

"Well 'Elki dey ain all sisses liken we taut. Rusy ****e er not, least 'es got da stones tah give eh challenge!"

Turning himself away from the glaive point he looked to Searos and tilted his head, looking past the rusty blade to his companion.

"I dun tink you'll loik da ansa to tah one searus."

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-28, 06:44 PM
Helki

Helki immediately draws his axe and mace. "The only streets I have known my whole life have been of mud and dirt. I have spent more nights than you can count, if you can in fact count, sleeping under the stars in the pouring rain. For the good of my people I learned how to care for my equipment and keep it in working order."

"I see you have more in common with the orcs Iv slaughtered than just your size. their infighting and stupidity were usually their downfall. I suggest you lower your blade if you do not want to have one more thing in common with them."

Fable Wright
2011-06-29, 06:29 AM
Garth snarls, and shifts into a combative posture, glaive now pointed at Helki rather than Mickey. Oh? And do your techniques care for the weapons of the men in your care? You might have the time to polish a weapon or three, but can you clean 20 or 30 while spending every night fighting undead, with their staining black ichor, while also hunting down and coordinating defenses against criminals during the day, while still trying to be home for your family? I think not. So shut your mouth, vagrant.

@Mickey:
You hear a muffled "He-" outside, and a some gradually fading banging sounds coming from outside.

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-29, 02:43 PM
Helki

"The Fringe, where I grew up, was not a place for the faint of heart, but men did not require care and weapons did not require elaborate polishing techniques. Men who failed their rite of passage were exiled, and criminals were put to death. For the Napowsa, becoming a man took more than brawn. If you cant do something as simple as keep a weapon clean, how can you be expected to craft or lay a proper trap? How can you be expected to travel for miles undetected through the orclands. Oh iv seen many big ego, small brain warriors battle on the fringe. The boar totem berserkers were brave and strong, but they always charged in and fought to the death. How can a dead man defend his clan, and contribute to the tightly woven network that keeps the orcish hordes at bay?"

"Everything I have cared for, and fought to protect is now gone. The orcs could not overrun us, but a foul disease killed every last member of my tribe. I am out here, HELPING you pathetic lot for one reason only. I must find out who is behind this disaster. You are lucky enough to have our aid, and you threaten us with whatever diseases that blade carries? You people are even more backwards than I thought."

Fable Wright
2011-06-30, 09:28 AM
Oh? And how do you find out who those criminals are? Do they just walk up and say "I stole Mr. Joe's wallet, please kill me"? Do the people from your town deal with nightly assaults from ever-growing hordes? And how do you actually have the time to clean the weapon? Ichor sticks and dissolves whatever rag you try to wipe the blade off with, and fabric is better used to make stretchers or slings for the wounded. Not only that, but it only comes of when you soak it with water, or else the blade becomes worthless in but three days. I'd rather my weapon rust a bit and be destroyed in time rather than have it rendered useless right now when I need it most. And as for you, I will not have someone who disrespects the efforts of this town or the guardsmen defending it be hailed as a hero by our children. I would rather see him dead, and the rescue party one short, than see my son idolize disrespectful filth like you.

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-30, 11:59 AM
Helki

"Then you are a fool, and your people are doomed. Just because a simpleton like you cant figure something out doesnt make it impossible."

RaggedAngel
2011-06-30, 02:41 PM
@Helki:
The leader of the villiage has been gone for about a page of posts. He went outside with Tucker.

The tent bursts open as Tucker enters, frowning. "I step outside for a minute and you're all at each other's throats. Really, now, there are twelve thousand zombies to kill, and all you can do is fight each other? You should all be ashamed for fighting, or for not ending your fight. Now, can we all act like adults? I mean, honestly. I'm a halfling; do you really all want to be looking up to me?"

Cleavon
2011-06-30, 09:22 PM
Mickey

His ears twitched a bit and he craned his neck towards the back of the place, finally finding a reason to not simply stand there and enjoy the bickering going on. He blinked a bit and was about to hush the two men before him when tucker burst in, and he turned to regard the little halfling.

"Riteyus 's eva eh Tuck? Now gardless if'n I want tah see 'Elki smear this bastahd, whut the ell is goin' on ou'side? eard sometin funny..."

RaggedAngel
2011-06-30, 11:12 PM
Tucker tilts his head, confused. He looks outside, then back to the others. "I don't know what you're talking about, Mickey. I checked the town leader guy for magic and such, and I didn't see anything, and then he had to go do something. What's been happening in here?"

You guys need to Sense Motive.

Bluff: [roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-01, 01:47 PM
Helki

"Tucker, this man threatens Mickey's life over a minor ribbing, and now he threatens me. Iv drawn my weapons in self defense. I know you havn't been in the killing business long, but its us or him. He is the one who signed his own death warrant."

RaggedAngel
2011-07-01, 01:55 PM
Tucker looks at the man with interest, and at his weapon. "Are you really worried about him hurting you? I mean, honestly. He's threatening you, yeah, I can see that, but he isn't going to hurt you. He can't hurt us." Tucker looks at the man with a smile; the smile is distinctly off-putting. "He needs us. Without us, this town would be overrun with zombies. If he kills us, or attacks us and drives us off, then it's just him against the hordes." Tucker walks over to the man, crosses his arms, and raises an eyebrow. "You're very large, and your weapon is very... unkempt, but my money is on the hordes. You wouldn't have called for us if you didn't need us. Now put down your weapon and apologize."

Tucker waits a half beat, and then he makes his point. He doesn't raise his voice, and he doesn't sound excited. He simply looks the man in the eyes with a gaze that would turn a basilisk aside. "Do it now. The moment you cease to be an asset and become a threat is the moment that you die. Have I made myself clear?"

bindin garoth
2011-07-01, 02:21 PM
Searos

sense motive:
[roll0]

Searos, having stepped back for a moment, listens as Tucker speaks out and tries to ease the tension. Still, being ever careful, he lays his hand upon his longsword, ready to draw at a moments notice.

"Please put you weapon down. We wouldn't want an needless bloodshed, would we?" He says, with an erie smile spread across his face, one that would send chills down one's spine.

Fable Wright
2011-07-01, 02:29 PM
The man glares at Tucker with an equally venomous glare. Do not pretend to judge affairs you have no knowledge of, halfling. If someone questions my honor, even in jest, I do not hesitate to kill them. Your friend there gets an exception, because he's here to protect our town and doesn't know me. But do not pretend that you are untouchable. I have no quarrels killing someone who is called in to protect us, and immediately disregards the people who have risked their lives, night after night protecting this town, pretending that they're above it all and have absolute control of the town's resources just because they're there. Nor will I work with anyone who threatens to kill me. Storming out of the tent, pushing his way past Tucker, he offers one last remark. You will find any aid from me or my men, "heroes". And then he disappears off into the night.

RaggedAngel
2011-07-01, 02:46 PM
Tucker glares out of the tent with a look of pure rage on his face. As the man turns his back, his hands flare up with eldritch light, and that baleful power begins to swirl and focus itself into a ball of energy.

Then the flap swings shut, and Tucker releases the power. It spirals through the tent, and the individual motes of power burst into sparks where they land. "If I see him again, I'm going to kill him." He spins around to the other, his face slowing becoming a smile. "Despite that man's foolishness, we still need to stop the undead. This town may not deserve our help, but what happens when the town falls? The master of the undead will not stop here. He will move onwards, taking more and more. Eventually, everywhere we know and love may be nothing but a mudpit, fending off swarms of zombies from behind a fence. We need to kill the man behind this, the lord of the undead, before he becomes too powerful. Are you all with me?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

bindin garoth
2011-07-01, 02:47 PM
Searos

As the man leaves, Searos lets out a deep sight and says "Glad he's gone." as he runs his hand through his hair. "We will get to the bottom of this, no matter what. I'm sure at least some of our questions will be answered tomorrow at the source of the river. Tucker, actually could I have a few words with you outside? I have a few questions out of curiosity for you."

And with that, Searos turns towards the door and proceeds to walk outside.

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-01, 05:25 PM
Helki

With an angry thrashing motion Helki hooks his weapons back onto his belt. "*grumble* You're right as usual. He may care more about his ego than the lives of the people under his care, but we are different. We are better. Sorry for the tease there Micky, I though I was gonna put on a show for you."

After fastening his cloak and taking a deep breath, the ranger continues. "I am glad to be allied with all of you, but you also know that I am willing to take on allies I am not proud of, even Garth. Nothing is more important than what we have set out to do. I can only hope he understands your ultimatum. A swift violent death by my hands would be a treat compared to what your gifts can do to human flesh."

"I better check on Jasper. If he heard our argument he's probably all worked up by now."

bindin garoth
2011-07-08, 04:52 AM
Searos

"Hey Tucker, could I talk to you outside for a sec?" Searos says as he opens the door.

RaggedAngel
2011-07-08, 02:36 PM
Tucker raises his eyebrow, but he follows Searos. "Sure, but I don't see why we can't just discuss things in here." He slips outside carefully. "So, what is it?"

DMoD:Does he register as Evil? As far as I can tell, he thinks that he's doing the right thing.

bindin garoth
2011-07-09, 09:12 AM
@Tucker:

Searos heads outs, with Tucker not far behind. After walking for a few minutes, Searos stops and turns around to Tucker and says:
"Is that all that happened between you and the Mayor? JUST checking for magic? Look, if its something needed to be kept from the others its fine, but I need to know what happened. I get a strange feeling you were hiding something before."
Diplomacy (If needed):

[roll0]

RaggedAngel
2011-07-09, 12:19 PM
@Searos:
Tucker tilts his head to the side, seemingly confused. "I checked him for magic, yes. We spoke for a bit, and then he left. There isn't really much more to it."
Sense Motive DC 13:He's trying not to lie you, but he doesn't want to tell you the truth. He seems conflicted, but he does not seem like he's trying to fool or trick you.

Bluff: [roll0]

bindin garoth
2011-07-09, 01:18 PM
@Tucker

sense motive roll in OOC thread

"Let's cut the crap, Tucker. I believe that you did that, but there's somethin missing. What is it that you aren't telling me?" Searos says with a sigh. "Look, we can't afford for any mistakes here. We need to know what happened. If it makes it easier, I won't tell the others. But I'm not going to stop until I know what you know, especially if it affects this job!"

RaggedAngel
2011-07-09, 01:28 PM
Searos and DMoD:
Tucker bites his lip, and his eyes go wide; he looks like a child who's been caught stealing cookies. His eyes dart around, looking for a way to get away, but after a moment he sighs and looks up to Searos, his expression ernest. "I was just doing what I was supposed to! It wasn't my fault! I was supposed to take him out here for the lurker to get him, and I did!" He crosses his arms, put-out. "I did exactly what I was supposed to, and I did a very good job. See? There's no reason at all to be upset."
UNCONCIOUS

DMoD:
Just checking; would the compulsion/voice prevent him from saying this? I just want to make sure there isn't another misunderstanding.

Fable Wright
2011-07-09, 06:04 PM
@Searos and Tucker:
As Tucker begins speaking, before he can utter a word after "I did-", he collapses on the ground, apparently unconscious.

bindin garoth
2011-07-09, 11:26 PM
Searos

Searos sighs, wishing he had been able to get the info he wanted out of Tucker. He grunts as he picks up Tucker and carries him back inside. Whatever happened, he'd just have to wait until later to find out. He lays out Tuckers bedroll and lays him down on it before deciding to find a place to crash himself. If he can't find a place he'll head back to the mayor's place and sleep on his own bedroll.

Ignore:

use rope check: [roll0]

Cleavon
2011-07-10, 04:36 PM
Mickey

As Searos brought Tucker back inside the hut Mickey took a look at him and shrugged a bit. He began to make his way out and then turned back to address Searos.

"Est tah be watchin' tha lil un. If'n he's gone limp gain moit be sumtin tah do wit all this craziness"

He shook his head and made his way back out into the muddy streets, his curiosity getting the better of him. He looked around for Helki, but not seeing him in the immediate vicinity he figured he must be out looking for Jasper.

Taking a little while to wander the village he kept his eyes open, and then decided to go grab his friend. Making his way about until he found Helki, he nodded to the man.

"I dun loike wuz appenin' round ere brah. Com on. Tuck went and passed im self out again. Les go see wut eh wuz up tah behind tha mayors place. I heard some mighty funny stuff thar."

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-11, 09:13 AM
Helki

Helki can eventually be found surveying the perimeter of the city by torch light.

"Passed out? What the hells is going on around here? We'd better make sure hes alright then." Helki follows Micky back to the center of town and lets out a sharp whistle for Jasper to follow.

Cleavon
2011-07-15, 06:24 PM
Mickey

Mickey looked around as Helki called for Jasper. He wasn't exactly excited about the prospects of their little friend passing out on them. Strange things kept happening and he didn't like it one bit.

"I be tinkin' we ought ta roun up tha importan people. Even tha sod wit da rusty pike. If'n Tuck is out oh tha loop I dun wan anyun gettin' sumtin o'er on us. Best ta know where ere one is at"

bindin garoth
2011-07-16, 06:19 AM
Searos

As Mickey turns and walks outside Searos Waits inside to see if Tucker wakes up. After seeing that the halfling would not wake up for a while, he turns and walks outside to find Mickey and Helki talking.

"Tucker's all right, just unconcious. For some reason. Think it could of been whatever madness came over all of us right after we fought that undead worm or whatever it was?"