PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a particular PrC.

Aldrick
2011-02-27, 09:08 PM
Sometime ago I came across a PrC that had the ability to sway crowds of people through words alone. It wasn't particularly powerful and appeared to be more of a NPC class. I keep wanting to call it the "Master Orator" but there are no PrC's by that name (that I'm aware of...).

It's not the Evangelist from Complete Divine, this PrC seemed to be designed for a BBEG style character who was charismatic in nature - think Emperor Palpatine minus the Force. Also unlike the Evangelist it had no connection to religion - just a PrC for someone who was a powerful and charismatic speaker.

Can anyone help me think of the PrC I'm thinking about and point me to what book it'd be located in - I'm wracking my brain! :smallmad:

Thanks in advance. :smallsmile:

holywhippet
2011-02-27, 09:21 PM
Well, here's a list of all published prestige classes: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/prc

Maybe you mean thrallherd?

Vknight
2011-02-27, 09:26 PM
Except Thrallherds control people's minds rather then use charisma to convince them.

Same stat different application of it.

-Edit-
Swordsage'd

Also he said it was not Evangelist

Narren
2011-02-27, 09:27 PM
Are you thinking of the Righteous Zealot from the Dragonlance campaign setting? They're packed with abilities, most of which affect crowds.

I think they're designed to represent the Seekers from the novels.

Dreadn4ught
2011-02-27, 09:30 PM
Maybe it's the Virtuoso from Complete Adventurer?

Can't think of anything else right now. My brain isn't working.

Vknight
2011-02-27, 09:33 PM
Those both sound right by his description of what he wants and on checking them seem to be it.

Scorpions__
2011-02-27, 09:39 PM
That is exactly what the High Proselytizer from the Epic Level Handbook does, you can read about it in the SRD, Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/prestigeClasses/highProselytizer.htm) , it might be what you're looking for.

DM[F]R

Vknight
2011-02-27, 09:41 PM
Hey Scorpions well your here what is your Avi supposed to be?

Aldrick
2011-02-27, 10:24 PM
Hmmm... I think it might have been the High Proselytizer as it has pretty much the exact abilities I remember. I could have sworn it wasn't connected to any religion though... but it's been a long time, and as such I could just be misremembering.

Thanks a lot guys. :smallsmile:

Scorpions__
2011-02-28, 01:07 AM
Hey Scorpions well your here what is your Avi supposed to be?

It's a scorpion, what does it look like?

Kidding, it's one of my favourite NPCs I've made (I'm rarely a player so, I don't have many memorable characters), an epic level Dwarf Binder with psionic tattoos of vestige seals, using the Tkhaluuljin, The Cephalopocalypse granted ability to summon a sphere of annihilation.

Also, he's beheaded a vampire.

Thanks for asking,

DM[F]R