PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Need help stating up Captain Fang. Also, need roleplaying advice.

Pika...
2011-02-27, 11:55 PM
So basically, in a friend's pirate campaign I was approved to roleplay Captain Fang as my backup PC. Now I am trying to figure out the best way to put him together. Plus, I would like advice for how to play such a character, and how to do his such....random?....sayings.

The stats I rolled were:
10 13 12 15 11 13

Unbelievably, I am sad a character has no dump stat for once....:smalleek:

However, the DM ruled I can use the Pathetic Flaw twice on his Int or Wis!

So, should I destroy his Int, or his Wis? I am so confused which he is.

As for classes, feats, and equipments I am at a loss as to where to start. Help please?

Many Pikas in advance!

Pink
2011-02-28, 12:05 AM
Shrimp in a Basket! That sounds tasty to the feet?

Complete Mage Scoundrel is lucky. So lucky it got ice cream. I had ice cream too. It's in my hat.
This idea is loved by me. I'd say dump int, unless you feel you need the skill points. I believe there are a number of luck featured feats and a class possibly in Complete Scoundrel. Do not know how viable, but could be something to look at.

Ajadea
2011-02-28, 12:12 AM
Kill Wisdom over Intelligence. It represents awareness, being in-tune woth reality, and insight, and Captain Fang lacks all of these traits. However, take Iron Will or Steadfast Determination (PHB2) to shore up your Will save, as he seems resistant to enchantments of all sorts, and Constitution has to be decent. Statisically, Desert or Jungle Kobolds better represent Fang: Tough, but out-of-sync and stupid respectively.

Fortune's Friend, I think, might be appropriate. The little rat doesn't die. Ever. Get Diehard if you can. Feats might look something like: Luck feats, Endurance, Steadfast Determination, Diehard.

Also, a Factotum Fang could be scary, if somewhat inaccurate. It would certainly explain his ability to do things like shoot cannons without proficiency and ultimate ability to survive everything.

For equipment, he needs a vest of resistance +as high as you can reasonably afford.