PDA

View Full Version : Lycanthrope Rules?

Titanium Fox
2011-02-27, 11:55 PM
Just looking for a location on these. I have an idea for a new character, and I want him to be a Fox Lycanthrope; but I can't seem to locate it anywhere in any of the books that would make sense. Odds are that I'm just completely missing it, to be honest.

Thanks guys!

Amnestic
2011-02-28, 12:03 AM
According to the googles (http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/212380-there-3-5-werefox.html) there are some in the Ravenloft books, though I don't have access to the books in question so I can't verify that.

Cog
2011-02-28, 12:11 AM
Scroll down about two-thirds here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm).

FMArthur
2011-02-28, 12:11 AM
From everything I've heard, it doesn't.

Zaydos
2011-02-28, 12:47 AM
I don't think their are official party stats for werefoxes in 3.X. You could make some by applying the lycanthrope template to a fox but first you have to find the source which has official stats for a fox (I think they were included as familiars in a dragon magazine). Quick google search sends me to ENWorld where dragon magazine 291 was mentioned as well as Artic Foxes in Frostburn. Also apparently the Tomb of Horrors has some. From any of those you could make were-fox stats.

Andion Isurand
2011-02-28, 01:18 AM
Werebats and wererats are based off of dire bats and dire rats.

Dragon Magazine 291 page 49 possess statistics for a dire fox...
which lends itself better for werebeast conversion than a normal fox.

Using that version of a dire fox as the base...
it would get (in addition to the other qualities of lycanthropes):

Medium-sized hybrid and animal forms
3d8 racial hit dice
+4 Str, +8 Dex, +4 Con when in hybrid or animal form
40 ft. speed when in animal form
+4 natural armor when in hybrid or animal form
1d6 bite (+1-1/2 str modifier) when in animal form
two 1d4 claws (+ str modifier) and 1d6 bite (+1/2 str modifier) when in hybrid form
Weapon Finesse or Track as a bonus feat (like wererat or werewolf)

then use that info along with the "Lycanthrope" template below

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm#creatingALycanthrope

Cog
2011-02-28, 02:14 AM
An alternative thought: Hengeyokai could easily be fluffed as lycanthropy outside of an Oriental Adventures campaign. If your build isn't dependent on the stat boosts from being a true werefox (which I'm guessing since you didn't know what those stats would be already), this will leave you all your class levels to get on with the actual character.

IthroZada
2011-02-28, 03:35 AM
An alternative thought: Hengeyokai could easily be fluffed as lycanthropy outside of an Oriental Adventures campaign. If your build isn't dependent on the stat boosts from being a true werefox (which I'm guessing since you didn't know what those stats would be already), this will leave you all your class levels to get on with the actual character.

And I think Dragon Magazine #318 updates Hengeyokai from 3.0 to 3.5 by making them Humanoid (Shapechanger) type, which also removes their +1 LA. So the difference is an ECL 1 character, compared to something like an ECL 6 character..