PDA

View Full Version : Snap Kick and Maneuvers

Elric VIII
2011-02-28, 02:16 AM
I have a few questions about the interaction of Snap Kick with various maneuvers.

1.) Do you get an extra attack from Snap Kick when you initiate a maneuver that requires a melee attack?

The next questions assume that the answer to the first question is "yes."

2.) If the maneuver deals extra damage (such as Mountain Hammer) is the extra damage added on both attacks?

3.) Is the extra strike considered part of the maneuver? In other words, do I get to add Wis to damage on the Snap Kick attack due to Insightful Strike and do I bypass DR with maneuvers like Mountain Hammer?

4.) If the maneuver requires you to hit with a melee attack and you miss your first attack, can you still get the benefit of the maneuver if your Snap Kick attack hits?

Curmudgeon
2011-02-28, 02:21 AM
1.) Yes.

2.) No.

3.) No.

4.) No.

The feat gives you an unarmed attack when you satisfy the trigger requirement. That unarmed attack isn't part of the trigger attack; it's just a separate attack.

Elric VIII
2011-02-28, 02:29 AM
1.) Yes.

2.) No.

3.) No.

4.) No.

The feat gives you an unarmed attack when you satisfy the trigger requirement. That unarmed attack isn't part of the trigger attack; it's just a separate attack.

Thank you, sadly I suspected as much.

Cog
2011-02-28, 03:07 AM
It's still quite usable; you just benefit more from boosts and stances. For example, you get another attack to trigger Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip with, or another sneak attack with Assassin's Stance.