PDA

View Full Version : Freak-Show

Otherworld Odd
2011-02-28, 06:33 PM
Due to recent events, a character I have has acquired a building and a manager to start up his long-time goal of starting a 'freakshow.' In past adventures, I got a one-eyed purple ogre Lulz. (Yeah... Rod of Wonders, don't ask.) that I plan on putting in the show. Also, a couple party members will be performing. A dragon shaman and a strong man who can (hopefully) woo people with his strength.

This I ask of you: What other things could I look for? I'm looking for 'freaks' obviously, but nothing that would prove too dangerous to the crowd for the grand opening. They kind of have to be intelligent and able to communicate or be controlled and not some rabid vermin or some such. Any help playground?

nedz
2011-02-28, 08:08 PM
You just need two things: An Illusionist and an Imagination.

Otherworld Odd
2011-02-28, 08:21 PM
This is very true until a local wizard stops by and calls me out for a fraud. >.>

Thurbane
2011-02-28, 08:22 PM
You could have a "tall man" with the Willing Deformity (tall) feat.

I see you've got a strong man, but a Goliath would make a great strong man.

An animal handler of some sort - either just a druid/ranger with good Handle Animal, or maybe a Beastheart Adept to have performing "monsters".

A Bard juggler/entertainer.

A character with the Vestigial Twin trait (DMG II) would make an interesting freak.

Runestar
2011-02-28, 09:26 PM
Half-dragon anything.

Especially plants and oozes. :smallamused:

Otherworld Odd
2011-02-28, 10:30 PM
Aha! I love the Tall man thing. I could even give him a hat of disguise to make him a foot taller if I wanted to.

Definitely have to get an animal handler... I've got a bard in my party. She didn't say she wanted to join yet but I'll give her a stern talking to. >.>

Our dragon shaman is kind of 'half-dragon.' The dm gave her a boon that allows her to turn into a half-dragon once a day for X rounds.

Pentachoron
2011-02-28, 10:38 PM
I imagine to the every day populace any aberration would appear sufficiently "freaky", just pick one with a low CR and restrain them reasonably and should be fine.

The Glyphstone
2011-02-28, 10:40 PM
Get a Fleshwarper on staff. Now you can make your own freaks!

Dr.Epic
2011-02-28, 10:55 PM
You could have a druid wildshape.

The Shadowmind
2011-02-28, 11:07 PM
A druid,wild monk, wildshape ranger, or divine minion with the master or many forms prestige class could becomes a massive amounts of strange creatures for people to gawk at.

Runestar
2011-03-01, 04:28 AM
Or a phasm - they can be anything you want. Solar today, dream larvae tomorrow...:smallamused: