PDA

View Full Version : [3.Pf] Half-Dragon Prestige Class

Halae
2011-02-28, 07:12 PM
I'm going to be starting a new campaign soon in a pathfinder game my GM (To be technically correct, as DM is a D&D term :smallannoyed:) is running. I've already gotten the go-ahead from my GM to play a half-dragon, and we're working out his personal story now.

Thing is, the way my GM works, he likes us to make characters that have foibles and personal issues. this is good, seeing as these are the characters we like to make. The reason I'm making a half-dragon is because the character has to deal with accepting both of his halves.

I'm wondering if there's any prestige classes out there that cater to this sort of thing. I'm far from knowledgable about every different prestige class out there, and so I'm asking the Playground. Neither I nor my GM are are averse to homebrew, but please, nothing broken, in either direction.

In case my rambling made it unclear, I'm looking for a prestige class that represents a half-dragon accepting both sides of its heritage, and I'm not afraid of homebrew

Cog
2011-02-28, 07:15 PM
It might help to know what the other half this class is supposed to represent is going to be.

Off the top of my head, though, Chameleon? Arcane casting focus for the dragon side, play it up as sorcery even if it technically works off Int instead, and your choice of focus for the other side.

Urpriest
2011-02-28, 07:16 PM
While there are three dragon-based books, I don't think any of them really have much that would apply to this concept. Half-Dragon Paragon (Unearthed Arcana) might cover some of the feel you want.

Halae
2011-02-28, 07:35 PM
Sorry, I completely forgot to mention what my class was. His base class is Barbarian, though that can change. I just want him to be a fighty type for the most part, but with the whole dragon thing I wouldn't be surprised if smeone did something with arcane magic. I just don't want it to be the focus here.

LOTRfan
2011-02-28, 07:39 PM
Dragonfire Adept (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060912a&page=2), perhaps? You're character, in order to become more like his ancestors, made a deal with dragons to gain power from them?

EDIT: I found Two prestige classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145475) by T.G. Oskar, the Dragon Knight of the Arcane (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129820), by ErrantX (heads up, you need to worship Bahamut). Do these help any?

Cog
2011-02-28, 08:39 PM
Sorry, I completely forgot to mention what my class was. His base class is Barbarian, though that can change. I just want him to be a fighty type for the most part, but with the whole dragon thing I wouldn't be surprised if smeone did something with arcane magic. I just don't want it to be the focus here.
...So he's Half-Dragon and half-Barbarian? I know D&D genetics is pretty wonky, but I still don't think it works that way. :smalltongue:

Smashy is something you might associate with the dragon side of a character, but if you're associating it with the other half, we can look to other things. If not sorcery, then just cunning? Factotum could work for that, and with Int to your physical checks and such it doesn't need to cut into your smashing. Dread Commando gives you sudden strike and freer use of armor to represent that craftiness while keeping you at full BAB and so not cutting into your power attacking (though I suppose that matters less for PF). Warblade or Swordsage could work, too. Split your maneuvers over a couple of differently-themed schools, to match the personalities you draw from either side of your heritage.