PDA

View Full Version : Morndinsamman Info

LOTRfan
2011-02-28, 10:26 PM
Hello, all! Currently, I'm trying the expand upon the Morndinsamman (the Pantheon of the Dwarves), and I could use some help with sources (both official and homebrew).

Currently, I am aware of the following gods in the pantheon:
* Abbathor
* Berronar Truesilver
* Clangeddin Silverbeard
* Dugmaren Brightmantle
* Dumathoin
* Gorm Gulthyn
* Haela Brightaxe
* Marthammor Duin
* Moradin
* Sharindlar
* Thard Harr
* Vergadain

Am I missing any? Are there any books that I can find fluff for them? It seems none of them had a "Core Beliefs" article in Dragon. :smallfrown:
This spans all four editions, by the way. Any fluff would be helpful. So far, I know of: Deities and Demigods, Faiths and Pantheons, and Monster Mythology. I am unaware of any 4e sources. Am I missing any big ones?

Also, I am looking for prestige classes that deal with this pantheon. I am willing to use homebrew.

So far, I've got Justice Hammer of Moradin (Dragon #328) and a homebrewed Firstborn of Moradin. What other ones are there?

Thanks in advance. :smallsmile:

arguskos
2011-02-28, 10:35 PM
Hello, all! Currently, I'm trying the expand upon the Morndinsamman (the Pantheon of the Dwarves), and I could use some help with sources (both official and homebrew).

Currently, I am aware of the following gods in the pantheon:
* Abbathor
* Berronar Truesilver
* Clangeddin Silverbeard
* Dugmaren Brightmantle
* Dumathoin
* Gorm Gulthyn
* Haela Brightaxe
* Marthammor Duin
* Moradin
* Sharindlar
* Thard Harr
* Vergadain

Am I missing any? Are there any books that I can find fluff for them? It seems none of them had a "Core Beliefs" article in Dragon. :smallfrown:
This spans all four editions, by the way. Any fluff would be helpful. So far, I know of: Deities and Demigods, Faiths and Pantheons, and Monster Mythology. I am unaware of any 4e sources. Am I missing any big ones?

Also, I am looking for prestige classes that deal with this pantheon. I am willing to use homebrew.

So far, I've got Justice Hammer of Moradin (Dragon #328) and a homebrewed Firstborn of Moradin. What other ones are there?

Thanks in advance. :smallsmile:
The Hammer of Moradin (PrC) can be found in Player's Guide to Faerun.

And yeah, there's really nothing major beyond the Faiths and Pantheons info, due to the Morndinsamman being a Faerunian thing.

LOTRfan
2011-02-28, 10:37 PM
Well, that stinks. Thank you, though.

Caliphbubba
2011-02-28, 11:47 PM
There is a 2nd edition book called "Demihuman Deities" for the Forgotten Realms campaign setting that has a wealth of Fluff on the Dwarven Gods, everything from detailing "specialty priests" of each god, to how their churches function. I'd try to track down a copy of this if I were you.

hamishspence
2011-03-01, 06:07 AM
And yeah, there's really nothing major beyond the Faiths and Pantheons info, due to the Morndinsamman being a Faerunian thing.

That said, Manual of the Planes mentions a few of them in the more "generic" setting.

Clangeddin, for example, is to be found in Arcadia.

so- they may not be all that out of place in a non-faerun game.

Coidzor
2011-03-01, 06:09 AM
Races of Stone doesn't have anything on the dwarven deities, eh?

Asheram
2011-03-01, 06:51 AM
Morndinsamman? What's that word based on, or what does it mean?

... the loud noice that everything made at dawn?

Or is it to be "the group around Moradin"?

LOTRfan
2011-03-01, 07:39 AM
There is a 2nd edition book called "Demihuman Deities" for the Forgotten Realms campaign setting that has a wealth of Fluff on the Dwarven Gods, everything from detailing "specialty priests" of each god, to how their churches function. I'd try to track down a copy of this if I were you.

Thanks, that sounds great!

Races of Stone doesn't have anything on the dwarven deities, eh?

I believe it only had alternate religions, but I'll have to check again.

Morndinsamman? What's that word based on, or what does it mean?

... the loud noice that everything made at dawn?

Or is it to be "the group around Moradin"?

After looking up each part, it seems that the first is correct. Did TSR randomly throw in syllables, or did they do that on purpose? :smallconfused:

Asheram
2011-03-01, 08:15 AM
After looking up each part, it seems that the first is correct. Did TSR randomly throw in syllables, or did they do that on purpose? :smallconfused:

It would be fun if it were a big-bang reference.
Hammer on an anvil, you know. ;)

Arcane_Secrets
2011-03-01, 01:30 PM
You can find some information on the Mordinsamman's divine realms and major proxies in On Hallowed Ground as well.

Doc Roc
2011-03-01, 01:33 PM
It would be fun if it were a big-bang reference.
Hammer on an anvil, you know. ;)

I suspect a more appropriate translation would be The Clangor At Dawn.

Eldan
2011-03-01, 02:20 PM
On Hallowed Ground has indeed a chapter on them. Lemme see...

Moradin the All-father, the Soulforger. Greater Power, lawful good. Creation and Smithing. Symbol of hammer and anvil. Found in Mount Celestia/Solania/Erackinor.

Abbathor Trove-Lord. Intermediate neutral evil. Greed. Symbol of a jewelled Dagger. Found in Gray Waste/Oinos/the Glitterhell.

Berronar Truesilver the Matron of Home and Hearth. Intermediate lawful good. Safety, truth, home and healing. Symbol of two silver rings. Found in Mount Celestia/Solania/Erackinor.

Clangeddin Silverbeard the Father of Battle. Intermediate lawful good. Battle. Symbol of two crossed axes. Found in Arcadia/Abellio/Mount Clangeddin.

Dugmaren Brightmantle the Gleam in the Eye. Lesser chaotic good. Scholarship, invention and discovery. Symbol of an open book. Found in Outlands/Dwarvish Mountain/Soot Hall.

Dumathoin the Keeper of Secrets under the Mountain. Intermediate true neutral. Mining and Exploration. Symbol of a gem in a mountain. Outlands/Dwarvish Mountain/Deepshaft Hall.

Muamman Duathal the Wanderer. Lesser neutral good. Wanderers and expatriates. Symbol of a mace held in two gauntlets. Found in Ysgard/Nidavellir/anywhere, as the domain wanders.

Vergadain the Merchant King. Lesser true neutral. Wealth, luck, thieves. Symbol of a gold piece. Found in Outlands/the dwarvish mountain/Strongale Hall.

Then there's Laduguer of the Duergar and Diinkarazan and Diirinka of the derro.

About half a page of fluff on each god. I'm not writing that all down.

LOTRfan
2011-03-01, 05:05 PM
Thanks! I;ll see if I can find a copy of On Hallowed Ground, as well...