PDA

View Full Version : Daaay Tripper (8)

Loki Eremes
2011-02-28, 11:49 PM
Hi there Folks.

Not a difficult question, but i need your expierencie here.

Improved Trip is the cornerstone for a Trip based PC. Then it comes in STR and size...but, i want other stuff to pump this special attack.

I want you to throw in any Magical items, Weapons, other feats to help with this matter.

Pechvarry
2011-03-01, 12:58 AM
unearthed arcana traits, if allowed, have 1 that gives something like -2 penalty to dex-based stuff but +1 to str checks.

brute gauntlets from magic item compendium can give you a +2-4 bonus on damage and strength checks for a round 1-3 times/day (charge-based).
Armbands of Might, same book, give a constant +2 to STR checks.

Lots of stuff in the x stat to y thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732). The highlights: have charisma? Marshal dip. Have Intelligence? Factotum dip.

HunterOfJello
2011-03-01, 01:06 AM
You'll need to stock up on Mordayn Vapor (a.k.a. "Dreammist") before you start your journeys. It can be found in the Book of Vile Darkness pg 42-43.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-03-01, 01:20 AM
The Sweeping weapon property in MIC costs +1 and gives a +2 on trips made with that weapon. A Living Chain also gives +2 to trip checks made with it. You could break down the cost to a +1 weapon plus 2,000 gp, so upgrading it would mean paying the difference between that and a +2 weapon plus 2,000 gp, or whatever you would be upgrading it to. A +1 Sweeping Living Chain would be only 10,325 gp and get +4 to trip attempts made using it.

Debuffing opponents also works. Ray of Exhaustion or Waves of Exhaustion gives them a -6 to Str and Dex, Ray of Enfeeblement can hinder their Str, and a simple Tanglefoot Bag gives a -4 Dex. The Shaken condition gives a -2 penalty to every check they make.

tedthehunter
2011-03-01, 04:24 AM
Hi there Folks.

Not a difficult question, but i need your expierencie here.

Improved Trip is the cornerstone for a Trip based PC. Then it comes in STR and size...but, i want other stuff to pump this special attack.

I want you to throw in any Magical items, Weapons, other feats to help with this matter.

Killer Beatles reference. :smallcool: