PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a backup character

Chickenzilla225
2011-03-01, 02:04 AM
I'm in a homebrewish campaign. We are level ten currently, and I'm the party tank as a dwarven barbarian. Where we are in the campaign is just traveling to the underdark to investigate that the drow have left Lolth for "the true god of magic". We also found out Lolth gave mind flayers invisibility from drow sight... So the campaign seems like it will be heavily underdark. Also my DM basically promised my character's death.

I plan to make a back up character as a farmer who was given his grandfather's scythe when he left to adventure to earn the dying farm some extra money. Turns out ol grandpa was an adventurer as well, and he put his soul into the scythe.
Where i need help
I want to make it an ancestral relic that is highly intelligent with high wisdom( Soul of my grandfather speaking to me). How do I go about doing this? What should it's focus be? How do it's other powers awaken? What kind of enhancements would my grandpa have put in here. ect. I want the scythe to be darkwood, but no special metal yet. My DM gives new characters standard starting loot.

All input is welcome.

PS. He only uses 3.5

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-03-01, 02:06 AM
Item Familiar. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/itemFamiliars.htm) You're welcome.

Chickenzilla225
2011-03-01, 02:26 AM
Okay, thank you that helps alot.
Now I have a question about this. If I awaken all this stuff, and throw in a **** ton of skill points and then die, I can have my son take it, and he can keep throwing skill points into it?

Scarlet-Devil
2011-03-01, 02:35 AM
Okay, thank you that helps alot.
Now I have a question about this. If I awaken all this stuff, and throw in a **** ton of skill points and then die, I can have my son take it, and he can keep throwing skill points into it?

Pretty much, as long as you specifically declare him to be the rightful inheritor of it, and your item knows it and junk. (I think.)

Chickenzilla225
2011-03-01, 02:57 AM
What is the standard treasure curve per level? Just wondering.

Chickenzilla225
2011-03-01, 03:44 AM
Oh, also, I was thinking of getting Ancestral Armor. What should I put in the scythe and armor?
Also what would be a good class for this? A fighter? Are there any good prestige classes that would fit a farmer turned fighter?