PDA

View Full Version : Help me staff the royal guard!

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-01, 12:26 PM
I have this queen in my game who is at war with a blackguard using his army of goblinoids to wipe out all non-humans (yes, I'm aware of how stupid the goblins are being). Though she would normally be some sort of tribal chieftan (Female Human Barbarian/Champion of Gwynharwyf), she is in charge of the war effort because . . . no one else is really capable. Everyone else has been killed, and those who survived work under her now.

I have seven guards, and I'm considering adding one more, let me know if I should or not, and if so, what it should be.

Female Movanic Deva Doctor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134139&highlight=doctor)/Physic of Peoneir (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158650) (For healing the wounded, as well as having many useful SLAs)

Male Goliath Ranger/Deepwood Sniper/Cragtop Archer (Not normally near the queen, equipped with a dragonbone rifle, a crystal ball and able to shoot 11.5 miles normally or 22.2 miles 1/day)

Male Gray Orc Barbarian/Fighter/Frenzied Berserker/Champion of Gwynharwf (worships the ground the queen walks on, wants to be as much like her as possible)

Male Chaos Gnome Savage Bard/Barber (Dragon Magazine)/Master Harper (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frx/20030604a) (Fingers cut down to stumps by the blackguard, he is the queen personal hairdresser as well as a wise counsel)

Female Air Gray Elf Diviner/"White" (Red) Wizard/Nar Demonbinder/Ultimate Magus (mother of the child of one of the queen's former adventuring partners, she serves the queen out of memory of the kindness shown her in those early days)

Female Varag Swift Hunter (found abandoned as a baby, the queen took her in and raised her as her own child)

Male Dwarf Crusader/Harem Protector (BoEF) (Mutilated in the blackguard's attack on the dwarven homeland, he had shaven his head and beard to denote his loss of clan. The PrC gives him the ability to protect everyone within 30ft with a Shield Other spell, main reason I took it)

comicshorse
2011-03-01, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=Sir_Chivalry;10471591
Male Chaos Gnome Savage Bard/Barber (Dragon Magazine)/Master Harper (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frx/20030604a) (Fingers cut down to stumps by the blackguard, he is the queen personal hairdresser as well as a wise counsel)

[/QUOTE]

How does he do her hair with his fingers cut down to stumps ?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-01, 12:31 PM
How does he do her hair with his fingers cut down to stumps ?

Good question. He's had the metalworkers of the royal palace create special gloves he slips on his hands to do his craft, with all sorts of gears and such to allow him to manipulate hair and even some built in shears. She's also extraordinarily patient:smallwink:

Hallavast
2011-03-01, 12:40 PM
I'd like to note that your group seems as diverse as the multiracial street gang that Brian encounters in Family Guy. :smalltongue:

Maybe add one normal looking human guy there that doesn't say much. Or maybe a human that nobody knows is on the queen's guard and spies on the enemy for her.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-01, 12:42 PM
I'd like to note that your group seems as diverse as the multiracial street gang that Brian encounters in Family Guy. :smalltongue:

Maybe add one normal looking human guy there that doesn't say much. Or maybe a human that nobody knows is on the queen's guard and spies on the enemy for her.

Kind of the point, as the blackguard is attacking non-humans, so these people (with the exception I guess of the angel) has personal stakes in this.

A human might work. What kind of build?

Lancaster_Road
2011-03-01, 10:27 PM

Ya, seems a bit forcibly mixed. Did she pick them out specially for this job?

Prime32
2011-03-02, 06:46 AM
Or she hired them from far and wide, taking only the best.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-02, 08:03 AM
Or she hired them from far and wide, taking only the best.

Seems like a plan there. But is the group complete or not?