PDA

View Full Version : Knocking people over the horizon [4e rules lawyering required, ney DEMANDED!]

Leeham
2011-03-01, 04:26 PM
Ok, imagine the following. Your abberant polydimensional god monster of choice picks up an adventurer and flings him with all his hideous strength.

Now when your unluck guy wits terra firma he's gonna take some damage. Now is there a cap on falling damage? And if we assume that there is one when the man-projectile reaches terminal velocity, how much would that be?

hamishspence
2011-03-01, 04:28 PM
50d10 is the cap in 4E Rules Compendium.

Kurald Galain
2011-03-01, 06:45 PM
Ok, imagine the following. Your abberant polydimensional god monster of choice picks up an adventurer and flings him with all his hideous strength.
The DMG has a table that indicates how much damage a monster of a certain level should do; this caps at 4d8+20. The poor adventurer takes that much damage, is pushed 10 squares, and falls prone.

Numinous
2011-03-01, 10:47 PM
Both hamishspence & Kurald are right.

There's one other bit of the DMG of interest: p44, Fall Severity by Character Level. That's the bit I'd use in this situation, assigning it somewhere between Perilous and Deadly depending on whim.

Vknight
2011-03-01, 10:50 PM
Yup it gives a good idea for character levels on the pits depth so it can be a nusiance to deadly. Very useful.

On another note is your Abberant, a god-killing mostrosity brought through time by the players so they could use it to destroy someone with equal power levels to said monstrosity?

Leeham
2011-03-02, 10:40 AM
I just used that as example :P maybe abberant wasn't such a good choice of words...

Master_Rahl22
2011-03-02, 01:23 PM
Having recently started a game with Leeham as the DM, I just want to say that I'm scared now. :smalleek: :smallbiggrin: